[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

I've been having a lot of fun with this build and I couldn't play with anything else than flicker strike. I think using flicker strike along with double strike is a great solution since you can get frenzy charges easily. I had no trouble until tier 12-16 maps. I dont have a clue how I could upgrade my dps even more.
Here is my POB:
https://pastebin.com/uEDNAT4v
I really hope you could perhaps check what I can do in order to improve.
"
Elussan wrote:
Hi man,

your build is interesting. Now doing T6 maps and everything is smooth.
But in PoB It seems almost impossible to reach same damage output as you despite I tried to invest in gear. Could you give me a hint what to improve to get at least 1M+ DPS?
thanks a lot

https://pastebin.com/f8i6vVbV

First thing I noticed is your COMPLETE lack of flasks. Get yourself a diamond flask of either staunching (bleed immunity) or heat (frozen immunity), and the other should be on your life flask. Get an Atziri's Promise, big damage for just a few chaos. Next, a Lion's Roar. The knockback is annoying, so I keep it on my 5 key and use it on bosses, and you can strategically place your totems to knock the enemy in the direction you want. Lastly, a silver flask is cheap too, but if you have currency, a Taste of Hate is great, or even a Sin's Rebirth.

When clearing fast, your flasks can be up most the time because you kill so fast to recharge them. You can nuke bosses with flasks and totems and doubles up, and most bosses have adds to recharge flasks if they don't die in the first 5 seconds, such as tougher metamorphs.

Next, get a VAAL Ancestral Warchief, you will fucking LOVE it. It jumps to your enemy and gives you a bigger damage bonus.

Also, make sure 'enemy is bleeding' is checked in PoB, as well as power/frenzy charges.

Your gear is actually really solid, no worries there. You're only level 79, and you are missing some important damage nodes on the tree in the marauder area, and you don't have any jewels yet. With the changes I mentioned, your PoB dps on VDS is well over a million. Just keep going!

Here's the PoB I just built, I just added some midrange flasks and vaal warchief:

https://pastebin.com/Kn2CB5K6
"
Redavish wrote:
I've been having a lot of fun with this build and I couldn't play with anything else than flicker strike. I think using flicker strike along with double strike is a great solution since you can get frenzy charges easily. I had no trouble until tier 12-16 maps. I dont have a clue how I could upgrade my dps even more.
Here is my POB:
https://pastebin.com/uEDNAT4v
I really hope you could perhaps check what I can do in order to improve.

5400 life is going to start feeling more squishy once you hit red maps. Your chest is pretty sexy, nice find.

Some big things to improve on though:

1. Your hit rating is 89%, that is horrific. You need 300+ accuracy on 2 pieces of gear, usually rings and gloves are best. You will see a big dps boost and it will feel smoother when you're not missing every 9th hit. Missing is VERY bad.

2. Get life on your jewels. Idk why you chose that Watcher's Eye, but it seems pretty pointless (unless you're running Pride instead of hatred on an ele reflect map I guess). Sell it and get a life/speed/multi jewel and save for a Hatred crit % Watcher's Eye.

3. Your swords are awesome in all aspects except they're slow as hell. 1.6?? Once you hit level 58, you should never go under 1.85 attacks per second. Faster swords mean added physical damage is a bigger increase and you can maneuver so much faster and the build flows so much better. I don't search for anything under 1.9, or 1.85 if I'm really poor (like I am this league so far). Your swords will be hard to replace dps wise because of the extra chaos, but I promise that faster swords will feel better.

4. Lastly, I would start getting points into the marauder area towards Strong Arm. I actually get those points really early while leveling. Lots of life, damage, and speed.

Also, you had almost nothing turned on in PoB, so with flasks and bleed on, you're at 1.327 million dps on double strike.

And get your Uber Lab done! I see you left Mistwalker for last. Mistwalker is AMAZING and you will feel much tankier once you get it. With your character as is, Uber Lab will be a breeze.
Didn't play melee builds since the stat stick nerf and man i have no idea why i decided to do that.

This league sucked balls so far buildwise and 2 hours ago i decided to sell everything on my characters and just try this on my assasin.

And boy was that the right choice. Spend about 5 ex all in all and i'm beyond happy so far. Great build my dude, having hella fun.

A little bit tilted with the mana consumption tho, not gonna lie. I stop flickering because of mana quite alot and sometimes it's just annoying, but apart form that everything is just dandy.

+rep lol
"
Loozka wrote:
Didn't play melee builds since the stat stick nerf and man i have no idea why i decided to do that.

This league sucked balls so far buildwise and 2 hours ago i decided to sell everything on my characters and just try this on my assasin.

And boy was that the right choice. Spend about 5 ex all in all and i'm beyond happy so far. Great build my dude, having hella fun.

A little bit tilted with the mana consumption tho, not gonna lie. I stop flickering because of mana quite alot and sometimes it's just annoying, but apart form that everything is just dandy.

+rep lol

Glad to hear your having fun! Some extra mana somewhere will help, or just turn off Precision if it's too tight. Having 85+ free mana should prevent you from stopping.

1 more to go :D
what item i need to upgrade next? https://pastebin.com/x1ktaag0

ofc i need gems but i wonna take path of the warior and after i will go for gems..
"
Heding wrote:
what item i need to upgrade next? https://pastebin.com/x1ktaag0

ofc i need gems but i wonna take path of the warior and after i will go for gems..

Hit chance is 89%, that needs fixed asap. Get accuracy on 2 pieces. Amulet has low physical damage and NO multi. Multi on gear is always better than crit chance on gear. Search for amulets with 30%+ multi with 10+ physical damage.

Also, your swords are awesome in every way but super slow. I search for 1.9+ aps typically.

Lastly, you're missing 2 major things to make the build really work. You need a shaper ring with Assassin's Mark on hit. Even for Assassin, having Assassin's mark up all the time is a huge boost to dps. Secondly, getting 'Socketed gems are supported by Fortify' on your boots is a huge boost to Flicker damage.

First shop for the ring, then boots, then replace other items to balance resists, look for accuracy where you can get it. Then the amulet.
I'm having mana issues after getting into resistance gear and away from leveling uniques. I had to get a new ring and amulet with mana regen to sustain at all and how it's fine with double strike and fine about 95% of the time with flicker. Is this normal?
Last edited by Zerocyde on Dec 29, 2019, 9:41:58 PM
nice build so far
having rly fun with it.

But did you all reroll physicall reflection maps?
Or did i miss there something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info