[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

lvl84 Berserker, got tired of dying while trying to dps down bosses so I went full yolo-dpsbuild instead, which helped as I started gaining levels again and rarely dying anymore. lvl83 metamorphs in Tane's lab die in 2-3 seconds, about the same as guardians and conquerors, just need a small setup with all the buffs and time it so that they start an attack on your golem.

2 fast swords in weaponswap to get 50 Rage in bossfights if i dont have it already, using Bladestorm+Rage with Sand Stance.

4k hp, -44% phys reduction, 75/75/68/-60 resistances, just dont get hit 4Head

1 Bloodrage = 2000 damage to yourself(abyssus/aspect of carnage) + 50 Rage starting at 5% health loss per second = probably dead without leech or life flask, but if you socket Bloodrage into a weapon you can end Bloodrage by weaponswapping

Last edited by kinosti on Dec 26, 2019, 12:47:30 AM
Does Tribal Fury just not work correctly on PoB? Allocating ambidexterity even on your PoB says it increases DPS, so does it not take into account tribal fury working with double strike?
"
moparcon wrote:
Does Tribal Fury just not work correctly on PoB? Allocating ambidexterity even on your PoB says it increases DPS, so does it not take into account tribal fury working with double strike?

it doesnt work on singletarget so i guess it ignores it
"
kinosti wrote:
lvl84 Berserker, got tired of dying while trying to dps down bosses so I went full yolo-dpsbuild instead, which helped as I started gaining levels again and rarely dying anymore. lvl83 metamorphs in Tane's lab die in 2-3 seconds, about the same as guardians and conquerors, just need a small setup with all the buffs and time it so that they start an attack on your golem.

2 fast swords in weaponswap to get 50 Rage in bossfights if i dont have it already, using Bladestorm+Rage with Sand Stance.

4k hp, -44% phys reduction, 75/75/68/-60 resistances, just dont get hit 4Head

1 Bloodrage = 2000 damage to yourself(abyssus/aspect of carnage) + 50 Rage starting at 5% health loss per second = probably dead without leech or life flask, but if you socket Bloodrage into a weapon you can end Bloodrage by weaponswapping

I rerolled my 86 Berserker to Assassin lol, Berserker is so squish and this just seems like an awful league to start as Berserker. Props to you for making it work!
Found out that the new hunter influence has "strike skills target 1 additional enemies" on gloves so I purchased a base for an exalt and got lucky on chaos spams. It's ugly but it works, and I needed the accuracy.

Hi, been using your guide for a starter and its pretty good, quick question is there a viable alternative for the flicker strike?
"
moparcon wrote:
Found out that the new hunter influence has "strike skills target 1 additional enemies" on gloves so I purchased a base for an exalt and got lucky on chaos spams. It's ugly but it works, and I needed the accuracy.

That's fucking awesome! I thought the mod would be a lot more expensive, so I am looking for some new gloves with that mod now. HUGE boost to Flicker damage, and big quality of life boost to Double Strike when using on bosses with adds. Nice craft!
"
jzerof2 wrote:
Hi, been using your guide for a starter and its pretty good, quick question is there a viable alternative for the flicker strike?

You can certainly just use Double Strike on your 6 link with splash and call, and swap those gems for damage gems for bosses. Or you could use Frost Blades on Fortify boots with call, multi, and ele damage (no splash needed for Frost Blades).
Hello, so i've been playing your build for quite some time now, got to Sirus twice (i wont tell how it went cuz it was a spinning ring of doom tragedy) and ive come to the point where im concerned about what to do next.
Here is my list of equipped items:
Spoiler

Yeah, so first question is, whats next? I dont really know what to craft to get some significant increase and the diffrence between your simmed dps (5.5m) and mine (1.4m) is really bothering me. Ive been thinking about crafting elder astral plate for maims and crits and to have possibility to replace some resistance crafts on other gear or crafting some gloves, probably spiked with god-knows-what influence. Watcher's Eye is way out of my reach right now, i have around 10ex so not in the nearest future i guess. Another guess was to get enchanted Abyssus but its really difficult to get in this league.

Also another question, why do we use Atziri's Promise and we are not using any of the Unholy Might items, like Sin's Rebirth flask or abyss jewels with chance to get UM on kill? It seems like a really strong upgrade, considering its 30% more phys as chaos, up from max20% from Atziri's, also we get some defensive tools in form of antiburn and smoke cloud (which i think its huge on dodge based build), and for Atziri's we just get more leech which we already have capped from Blood Rage and leech node and some chaos res that absolutely wont help in anything because it aint so big of a diffrence -60% and -25%. Im currently using both of them because of annoying knockback from Lion's Roar but i will change Atziri's for Sirus fight.
"
JamesWatt wrote:
Hello, so i've been playing your build for quite some time now, got to Sirus twice (i wont tell how it went cuz it was a spinning ring of doom tragedy) and ive come to the point where im concerned about what to do next.
Here is my list of equipped items:
Spoiler

Yeah, so first question is, whats next? I dont really know what to craft to get some significant increase and the diffrence between your simmed dps (5.5m) and mine (1.4m) is really bothering me. Ive been thinking about crafting elder astral plate for maims and crits and to have possibility to replace some resistance crafts on other gear or crafting some gloves, probably spiked with god-knows-what influence. Watcher's Eye is way out of my reach right now, i have around 10ex so not in the nearest future i guess. Another guess was to get enchanted Abyssus but its really difficult to get in this league.

Also another question, why do we use Atziri's Promise and we are not using any of the Unholy Might items, like Sin's Rebirth flask or abyss jewels with chance to get UM on kill? It seems like a really strong upgrade, considering its 30% more phys as chaos, up from max20% from Atziri's, also we get some defensive tools in form of antiburn and smoke cloud (which i think its huge on dodge based build), and for Atziri's we just get more leech which we already have capped from Blood Rage and leech node and some chaos res that absolutely wont help in anything because it aint so big of a diffrence -60% and -25%. Im currently using both of them because of annoying knockback from Lion's Roar but i will change Atziri's for Sirus fight.

First off, one sword is okay, but very slow. I search for 1.9 aps, or 1.85 if there isn't much out there, but 1.74 is super slow. The other sword is very low, 277 dps is definitely holding you back. Search for 300+ pdps with multi. And Lion's Roar flask is just much better damage than Sin's Rebirth. Though you could very well use Sin's Rebirth instead of Atziri's Promise, it is a bit better dps it looks like. I hear one of Sirus' attacks is chaos though, so the chaos res from Atziri's would be nice there. Your preference.

Not sure why you're using Rage for a support gem, looks like you need at least 30 rage built for it to compete with Fortify, and Fortify gives you Fortify lol.

Looking at your other gear, I think you could stand to gain some accuracy, strength, certainly some life. I'd have to see your PoB to really find what's lacking, but for sure the 277 dps sword.

Lastly, you have Tribal Fury on your amulet, take Ancestral Call out of your boots! Get a melee phys damage in there!

Lastly Lastly, my character last league was pretty juiced, don't compare too closely to it this early in the league. The Hatred +crit % Watcher's Eye is a huge boost. Also, both my swords last league had tons of multi AND damage as extra chaos, which is huge. Also also, 'socketed gems are supported by lvl 1 Maim' is GONE from chests as of this league, which is a huge dps loss :( If you can find a rare chest with tons of +life and +% life, and attacks have +% crit chance, that will probably be the only one that will come close to the Maim chests.
Last edited by roguemjb on Dec 27, 2019, 12:32:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info