[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

So I swapped points from Unstable Infusion to Mistwalker and got it in one try. If anyone is having trouble, maybe give that a shot :)
"
If you want the most facemelting dps possible with less defensive tools, go berserker. I decided to try berserker this league just because I don't like to do the same thing twice, and I am regretting it because assassin has such great crit and great perks right away. Berserker has this shitty interaction with Blitz charges on crit that reduce your crit which is fucking horrible until you actually have enough crit chance that the 200% reduced crit chance doesn't suck so much to deal with. I'm level 80 now in this league and I'm still wondering if I want to reroll to assassin. Once I get crazy gear and have 20 million dps, I will report back.

If you're new to the build, definitely go assassin.

i think i will try to take Rite of Ruin instead of Blitz , maybe its better who knows xD
Any way to charge Vaal skills before/during boss fights like metamorph boss in Tane's lab? Best way to generate Rage outside of melee range in Awakener fight for example?

also i maybe should've gone assassin instead of berserker, already got cancer from dying to bullshit reflects and sacrificing dps to wear sibyl's lament(s) and/or reflect immunity on body armor isn't fun, plus having to get 50 Rage stacks at every boss before attacking
Last edited by kinosti on Dec 20, 2019, 6:32:22 PM
"
kinosti wrote:
Any way to charge Vaal skills before/during boss fights like metamorph boss in Tane's lab? Best way to generate Rage outside of melee range in Awakener fight for example?

also i maybe should've gone assassin instead of berserker, already got cancer from dying to bullshit reflects and sacrificing dps to wear sibyl's lament(s) and/or reflect immunity on body armor isn't fun, plus having to get 50 Rage stacks at every boss before attacking

Aside from rolling your maps or facing Atziri, reflect should be a non-issue. Get rid of those junk rings. But yeah, having to slowly build rage to be at full potential feels really lousy.
if I want to increase my survivability, beside from getting more life, what else can I get?
Would this build work well with daggers? I'm a beginner but I kinda would like dual wielding daggers. But I can't grasp the key aspects of the game yet so I dont think I could judge that right now...
Theres definitley less points to allocate in the passive tree for daggers as far as I can see.
I'm currently running an assassin build but now reading your comments about berserker. Idk if I made the right choice. What would the dps diff be between the two? How much more survivability does the assassin have?
"
I'm currently running an assassin build but now reading your comments about berserker. Idk if I made the right choice. What would the dps diff be between the two? How much more survivability does the assassin have?

zerker has more dmg but assassin has more survivability like dodge
"
thkhang92 wrote:
if I want to increase my survivability, beside from getting more life, what else can I get?

Jesus dude, more life! Looking at your gear, it's clear you have probably have like 4k life. A light breeze will kill you. Also, you need thrusting swords for your weapons, replace those asap also. It's honestly impressive you got to lvl 90. The good news is that once you upgrade your gear, you will have a LOT more fun!

Also, get a Taste of Hate flask. The damage taken as cold is a big defensive bonus also, with 75% cold resist, it's basically 15% less physical damage taken which is significant.

"
Afrokylon wrote:
Would this build work well with daggers? I'm a beginner but I kinda would like dual wielding daggers. But I can't grasp the key aspects of the game yet so I dont think I could judge that right now...
Theres definitley less points to allocate in the passive tree for daggers as far as I can see.

Not really, daggers are in a super bad place right now, GGG just hates them I guess. Claws are better and swords are best.

"
"

zerker has more dmg but assassin has more survivability like dodge

Correct. Berserker is like 50% more damage, but only when totally ramped up, which takes a stupidly long time, and you lose it when you go back to town to sell. Assassin is always ready and can even generate his own power charges, extremely handy on long fights. And yes, Mistwalker and Elusive is fucking great, I even thought it might be nerfed. Assassin's toolbox definitely makes up for the difference in damage.
Last edited by roguemjb on Dec 21, 2019, 2:32:54 PM
"
roguemjb wrote:
Berserker is like 50% more damage, but only when totally ramped up, which takes a stupidly long time, and you lose it when you go back to town to sell

for bosses at 0 Rage charges i found that having 2 fast swords in weaponswap(fast to not get hit while casting) with rage support+bladestorm gets charges pretty fast, maybe 10-15sec for 50 Rage?
Last edited by kinosti on Dec 21, 2019, 4:02:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info