Goodbye Charan

For honor is legit i guess.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
beaniac wrote:
He's been posting under the name 鬼殺し for a while now.

He's seemed pretty grumpy about the game since Tencent bought it so I can't say this is a surprise. Still he brought an attempt at civility to the forums which is a lot more than I can say for most people.

I_NO is also inactive this league though, so the loss of both of them kind of balances it out.

Next league, though? All hail the queen walrus!
In my opinion, Charan is actually Chris Wilson’s alter ego. Like Batman is to Bruce Wayne.

Chris, well played my boy, well played.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Charan was one of, if not the single biggest supporter of the game. He has 3 uniques in the game and I think he gave one more design away. He's at least partially responsible for the addition of the plummeting ursae.

Likely the most active person on this forum with about 15 to 20 posts per day, a lot of them in off-topic. It was a lot of fun discussing everything from anime to other ARPGs with him. This forum is a worse place with him gone.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Well the clowns killed him
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
codetaku wrote:

I_NO is also inactive this league though, so the loss of both of them kind of balances it out.

IMHO she is out for good. She probably got some "rehab or ..." ultimatum, and the "or" was of such caliber that she had no choice. How else do you imagine moving from the "40/40 ergo sum" state to giving up the game completely? She probably writes in the forum only because they have left her a smartphone to write on.
You have been placed on probation for: ● Make hateful or needlessly negative comments ● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others ● Antagonise others in an obnoxious manner ●
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
TepecTepec wrote:
lol

You would lurk too, if you learned of a goodbye thread with your name on it.

Oh no... not killer clowns!

We are all sad to see him go. I loved to post my latest Oni-Goroshi Uber Hiilock kill for him. I'm at 21 Charan Swords and my goal was 23 so if he is gone for good (only time will tell) then this is sad for all who routinely post here. We will all miss his superior PoE insight and knowledge.

If what I read is true and GGG had him "on probation", I wonder what lead to that penalty? As an Alpha team member he get's access to play the next league (alpha testing) and gets to see the new league mechanic before it launches. Did he accidentally talk about something too soon to get on probation?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
srogi_kotek wrote:
"
codetaku wrote:

IMHO she is out for good. She probably got some "rehab or ..." ultimatum, and the "or" was of such caliber that she had no choice. How else do you imagine moving from the "40/40 ergo sum" state to giving up the game completely? She probably writes in the forum only because they have left her a smartphone to write on.

What a weird conclusion. It'd make sense if this league weren't literally "TOWER DEFENSE: THE ARPG LEAGUE FOR SOME REASON" and if this were her second consecutive league missing.

But this just seems like a normal break? I've taken breaks before.
Last edited by codetaku on Sep 25, 2019, 3:51:50 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:

If what I read is true and GGG had him "on probation", I wonder what lead to that penalty? As an Alpha team member he get's access to play the next league (alpha testing) and gets to see the new league mechanic before it launches. Did he accidentally talk about something too soon to get on probation?

1 thing I know is that he always respected the NDA from GGG.
Where did you read that they put him on probation?
They have probated his alt account in the past, that I know for sure.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
He'll be back. Maybe he already is... sometimes it's just nice to start with a clean slate, fresh perspective, and no baggage or history tied to your name.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info