Goodbye Charan

"
brgillespie wrote:
I emailed Charan, and he gave me permission to share his response. He's read this thread and is very appreciate of everyone's well wishes.

Essentially, a combination of the "Insane Clown Posse" MTX, the game's general direction veering so far from what it was, and some super secret Exilecon announcement that pissed him off is what caused Charan to close his account.

He knows some will make fun of him for "rage quitting", but he pretty much had enough of how Tencent has changed GGG (and PoE) for the worse.

Hope this helps.

Damn, very interesting.

Wonder what this is "super secret Exilecon" announcement is :/

"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Sad that Charan is no more.

His Oni-Goroshi is my #1 favorite item in POE.
All the best to you Charan! You will be sorely missed. :-(
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
girng wrote:
"
brgillespie wrote:
I emailed Charan, and he gave me permission to share his response. He's read this thread and is very appreciate of everyone's well wishes.

Essentially, a combination of the "Insane Clown Posse" MTX, the game's general direction veering so far from what it was, and some super secret Exilecon announcement that pissed him off is what caused Charan to close his account.

He knows some will make fun of him for "rage quitting", but he pretty much had enough of how Tencent has changed GGG (and PoE) for the worse.

Hope this helps.

Damn, very interesting.

I made all that up. :)
"This does not bode well, for it confirms my darkest fears..."
Ἀρχή Σοφίας ἡ τῶν ὀνομάτων ἐπίσκεψις -Ἀντισθένης ἁπλοκύων
"
brgillespie wrote:
"
girng wrote:
"
brgillespie wrote:

Hope this helps.

Damn, very interesting.

Holy shit, you're awesome. That seemed so legit. It made me a little bummed.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
brgillespie wrote:

Aww. Saw your edit

Lol, you had me
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
brgillespie wrote:
"
girng wrote:
"
brgillespie wrote:

Hope this helps.

Damn, very interesting.

I laughed SO HARD

I'm at work, don't do this to me, people will think I'm a crazy person for how much I laughed!

Anyway, his reddit account The_Scourge is still up too and has a post as recently as the 23rd. I'd bet he is still reading this forum and thinking about whether to un-quit like he has several times before.

This thread is definitely feeding his ego :P But that's fine, that's how he's always been.
Last edited by codetaku on Sep 25, 2019, 10:19:42 AM
Hadn't I known before, I wouldn't believe it.

Goodbye old friend... at least here in PoE.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Thanks Charan. You'll be missed.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info