Goodbye Charan

"
Arrowneous wrote:

If what I read is true and GGG had him "on probation", I wonder what lead to that penalty? As an Alpha team member he get's access to play the next league (alpha testing) and gets to see the new league mechanic before it launches. Did he accidentally talk about something too soon to get on probation?

It is true 100%, saw it with my own eyes.

I have such a strange hobby of checking the profiles of guys on probation and their post history and trying to figure out what they were writing cause often its funny or intesting stuff.

So I also checked out the last posts of Charan and there were no posts edited by the support so either they deleted the post that got him on probation completely which would be strange or he messed around some other way to get the probation.

And the probation was actually rather long, it was like at least 3 days (yes I checked him multiple times).
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Sep 25, 2019, 4:14:20 PM
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:

If what I read is true and GGG had him "on probation", I wonder what lead to that penalty? As an Alpha team member he get's access to play the next league (alpha testing) and gets to see the new league mechanic before it launches. Did he accidentally talk about something too soon to get on probation?

1 thing I know is that he always respected the NDA from GGG.
Where did you read that they put him on probation?
They have probated his alt account in the past, that I know for sure.

he was on probation i saw it,i'm guessing others saw it too since it was public before his profile was gone. as far as the reason it could be anything, i've been put on probation before for the pettiest things
Probation wasn't anything new to him though. He once went on a voluntary probation iirc. That MAY have been what actually triggered all of this, if he got probated for no apparent reason, though that doesn't really match what he was like on the forums.

It could've just been that he got tired of having two different accounts, but then the process by which he disappeared doesn't make any sense. To have your account completely and entirely deleted is, as far as I know, something that can only happen on a request. Especially if the entirety of your post history AND PMs are being deleted aswell.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Has Charan done so in the name of the rebellion? Has he initiated a new movement to finally counter the disagreements with GGG? Who else will follow in his footsteps to support the rebel alliance?
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
DoubleU wrote:
Well, fuck.
One of the reasons I have visited the forums every day for 7 years is Charan.

Same here for the last six years. When I started playing, I would look for Vipermagi's post to understand the game and Charan's post because they were fun to read.
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
I wonder what set this off.

There are a lot of things that I can think of. Ranging from material in alpha testing that finally broke the camel's back, to learning something we won't know until ExileCon, to his own medical conditions.

This makes the most sense out of everything I've read so far. He got some kind of insider information that had the following qualities/effects:

GGG has a polarizing decision in the works for 4.0, and Charan gained knowledge of it.

He thoroughly disagreed with the design direction (probably mechanics & dynamics, not art - but given the clown posse stuff, maybe art too, who knows?)

He knew he was under NDA for it. While he's been under the thumb of NDA plenty of times in the past, he knew that given how much he disagreed with the underlying design, he wouldn't be able to chime in on forum posts without being overwhelmingly negative and simultaneously equally vague.

If these things are true, there'd be no point in sticking around the game or the forums. But he'd leave a goodbye or I quit post, right? That's where you have to get really conspiratorial with the probation stuff. Maybe they deleted him before he could do a big spill-the-beans 'I'm quitting' post. Maybe the probation was mundane, but it was the final straw and he said 'fuck it, I'm not wanted here, the games going even further to shit, I'm quitting it all cold turkey'.
All these "he" and past tense, makes me feel I am on a funeral.

Probation can be voluntary, yeah, it only takes one e-mail to Support to set up. The downside is no possibility to send PMs.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
"
I have such a strange hobby of checking the profiles of guys on probation and their post history and trying to figure out what they were writing cause often its funny or intesting stuff.

Your hobby isn't as strange as you could imagine. I usually do it too.

"
FCK42 wrote:
Probation wasn't anything new to him though. He once went on a voluntary probation iirc. That MAY have been what actually triggered all of this, if he got probated for no apparent reason, though that doesn't really match what he was like on the forums.

I don't usually believe in coincidences. I'm pretty sure that On Probation somehow triggered him to do this.
I_NO and Charan disappearing together.... I wonder....I mean, coincident? seems unlikely.... :)
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
On page 111 of the OG thread he shows up as Wraeclastian and on probation. His name is not shown when quoted.

I find it odd that he would delete his Charan account.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info