[3.10] Cheap Tanky Non-Crit Arc Inquisitor | All Content | Great League Starter

I started this in 3.9 and am liking it. I used a Lioneye's shield for a cheap way to get more life, and for the chestpiece, I use the upgraded version of Icetomb, Crystal Vault. It adds another synergy with the helmet. So far I'm really liking this.
I'm using this as a league starter and so far it's really great. I have a few problems with some bosses (esp. hexproof metamorph bosses), but I'm also only at Act10 with a 4L.

Just wanted to say: Thanks for the guide :)

[Edit]
Oh, I forgot to ask: What about those 4 points leading up to Breath of Lighning? Those seem really powerful.
Last edited by Tehed on Dec 15, 2019, 1:00:26 PM
"
Tehed wrote:
I'm using this as a league starter and so far it's really great. I have a few problems with some bosses (esp. hexproof metamorph bosses), but I'm also only at Act10 with a 4L.

Just wanted to say: Thanks for the guide :)

[Edit]
Oh, I forgot to ask: What about those 4 points leading up to Breath of Lighning? Those seem really powerful.

They're fine, but a bit weaker than the offensives nodes the build already takes. You can turn on node power on my PoB to see how they compare at high level. If you really want more damage at the cost of survivability, you could always replace some of the last defensive nodes taken.

Glad you're enjoying the build!
Hey Again! Could you give some tips for weapon upgrade? Doesn't metter if it cost 10+ exa i would like to upgrade this build as much as possible!
Btw. i will soon have Sporeguard armor that can have passive added with oils. I wonder which one will be good dmg/def.

Thank you!
Which weapon would you recommend for upgrade?
Last edited by Nairo92 on Dec 19, 2019, 5:25:24 PM
"
Orianek92 wrote:
Hey Again! Could you give some tips for weapon upgrade? Doesn't metter if it cost 10+ exa i would like to upgrade this build as much as possible!
Btw. i will soon have Sporeguard armor that can have passive added with oils. I wonder which one will be good dmg/def.

Thank you!

I added an annointment section to the guide recently that has a few suggestions for the best options. Another good DPS annointment if you want 2 offensive ones would be Disciple of the Slaughter.

As for a weapon upgrade, now that multimod and % damage as extra chaos damage affixes have been nerfed with 3.9 I'm not really sure what the best option would be. I'm not even sure there IS something better anymore. Here are two other good chase items for you to go for though:

• A fossil crafted helm with the +1 arc chain lab enchant. Buy the base with the enchant (something high armour), and fossil craft it to get "Nearby Enemies have -9% to Lightning Resistance", while still maintaining as high armour and life as possible.
  • A fossil crafted Stygian Vise using Metallic, Prismatic, and possibly Pristine fossil. You're looking to land both % inc lightning damage and % inc elemental damage (can get up to 30% of each) together with good life and hopefully some resistances.

Personally, if I wanted to scale this build into super lategame I would look into transitioning to crit arc. I haven't gone through the process of planning that out at all, but I can give you a brief summary of what I'd try first (totally untested, if this doesn't give you good numbers in PoB then obviously don't do it): You'd want to drop elemental overload from the tree, and move most of the damage nodes that aren't used to travel into crit multi/crit chance, of which there is lots of readily available. Don't drop the arcane capacitor wheel. Next you'd want to switch up a lot of your jewelry and weapon to give you as much crit and crit multi as possible. In your ascendancy, dropping augury of penitence and instruments of virtue would probably be worth it to pick up Inevidable Judgement. Lastly, the elemental focus gem should be dropped and replaced with whatever PoB shows as the highest DPS once the rest of your configuration is transferred to crit. If I have some spare time over the holidays I'll take a shot at throwing together a PoB, but no promises there.
I would love to see upgrade of this build to something strong late game. I am using this build but damage in late game is quite low. I am trying to get it up somehow thats why i asked for better weapon. Right now i am camping for Sporeguard Saint's Hauberk armor 6 linked. I hope it will give me a big difference especially that i can annoit that item also :D I amulet i took dreamer and in this armor i want to put offensive passive but i am confused a bit i think that Crusader will give me best dps boost. Ill upgrade this build as much as i can then grind more currency and wait for stronger version of this build :d (crit version)

Best Regards
Ok here's a quick PoB I came up with. Replaced the most important pieces of gear with ideal crit pieces along with stygian vise and -res helm. updated tree and ascendancies, gems, etc: https://pastebin.com/g1QyWQKP. This gives us a PoB reading of ~5.5 mil DPS, but once we factor in the stuff that PoB doesn't support it's more like 6.5 mil. Shaper DPS will be about half of that.

Most of this crit gear is pretty unreleastic to get in a temp league, but it at least shows you what stats to chase, and I expect you could still get easily over 4mil which should be sufficient for 3.9 content.

There are probably still a bunch of other optimizations to be made for this crit version, but it's a good starting point.
Last edited by Dolmur on Dec 20, 2019, 12:56:26 PM
Holy hell, welcome back.

I've used an iteration of your build to get to maps pretty much every league I've played and even adapted it to Frostbolt. Thank you for the guide.

Any thoughts on using Spiritual Command and Spiritual Aid to access Minion Damage and Cast Speed over some of the lightning specific damage nodes? I'm considering Spiritual Aid for leveling and shifting those 5 points into the needed points for Jewels later.
NVM. I missed the section where my question was addressed
Last edited by ImTheRealWolf on Dec 20, 2019, 11:13:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info