Performance and Stability

that's a good post.

still beyond me how nobody in your team came up with some of these thoughts while making the Blight league lol
Crash Of Exile
Just fix the shatter sound, everything else is irrelevant lol
Impossible to balance the complexity of the game to what CPUs are capable of, I wouldn't want to be your tech leads at the moment... But this is what makes PoE so great! So just tone down the number of enemies until there's another breakthrough in processor technology :D

Thanks as always Chris
You should seriously consider DirectX 12 and Vulkan API Integration to the game engine in order to take advantage of untapped potential of newer GPUs.
One would think that performance and stability are integral aspects to test before launching a new league.

With 4.0 coming some time next year, it might be prudent to skip the next league to work on resolving existing problems.
MAY I ADD ONE BIG ISSUE:

I GET A LOT OF MICROTRANSECTIONS FROM YOU GUYS
BUT THEY COME WITH A HIGH COST ON PERFORMANCE, I HAVE A TOP GAMER PC AND A GREAT INTERNET CONNECTION, AND EVEN WITH EVERYTHING SET TO "LOW/MEDIUM" THE GAME STILL DEMANDS TOO MUCH (I CAN PLAY AT HIGHEST IF I WANT TO, BUT ON THAT 1% TIME THE SCREEN FREEZES, I MIGHT DIE)

ITS CRAZY TO THINK THAT IN ORDER TO "LOOK GOOD" INGAME AND USE THAT SKIN I LIKE I WILL HAVE TO ACCEPT THE DOWNSIDE EFFECT THAT ACTUALLY HURTS ANY PLAYSTYLE
IN MY CASE ITS EVEN WORSE CUZ MY FAVORITE IS NECROMANCER AND I BOUGHT SKINS FOR ALL THE MINIONS

YOU GUYS COULD TAKE ONE EXPANSION LIKE 3.10 OR 3.11 TO FOCUS SOLO ON PERFORMANCE, JUST LIKE YOUVE BEEN DOING TO GAME MECANICS
Thank you for this. Addressing community issues and feedback in a timely manner is especially important in the lead up to Exilecon.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
keep up the good work
"graphics driver should never crash regardless of what the game does"

This is plain wrong. There are plenty of ways to crash the GPU that is the responsibility of the application to avoid. If you make an infinite loop in a shader you will hang the GPU and the driver will eventually reset and kill the application. (most of the time, at least) Accessing buffer data out of range usually hang the GPU. Executing indirect draws with bad parameters can easily hang the GPU.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info