Performance and Stability

I was so looking forward to poe on ps4 since playing with a mouse for long periods hurts my hands immensely. However the level performance on ps4 pro killed this game for me. Having endgame maps be a literal lagfest and crashing every 3 hrs is just too much. For such a high level game as path of exile this is just inexcuseable. You all need to do better especially since the game itself is so good.
"
creamlet wrote:
unpopular opinion:
Spoiler
if everyone complaining would buy something from time to time, they would have enough resources to do a tech debt league as is would ease their prioritisation.

You mean the multi milion company that is part of multi bilion, probably biggest gaming corporation in the world? Ehhh.. Its not how this works, its not how anything works..
They have more resources than EA, Blizzard and so on right now. Its not an Indie dev anymore.

If you treat them as Indie 3 man dev team you are hurting the gaming industry and this game. They do hide behind this whole "support" shenenigans, but thats just a business model taken by a daughter company of a corporation, well.. because its so effective.

Issues like in this thread, if found in a "normal" AAA corpo title would be a disaster on anthem scale, here its just.. It was always like that, we are not customers, paying for a product, its 3 poor souls from Australia making a living that we support. Stop kidding yourself. Check for how much they sold, how many people they hire and compare it to a developer like bioware. Check those numbers.

You should do the very opposite, when the game is not delivering you should down your rating on steam, stop playing and paying. Thats how customer - service relations work. If i pay them for doing nothing why would they change anything? Spend money they already got on things that clearly are not needed cause you are paying? Its a company not your friend.
"
creamlet wrote:
unpopular opinion:
Spoiler
if everyone complaining would buy something from time to time, they would have enough resources to do a tech debt league as is would ease their prioritisation.

Since GGG is with Tencent now, buying MTX to support an "indie game dev company" is not really on the table anymore..

This is equivalent to telling someone to buy something off Amazon because you need to support Jeff Bezos.

"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Sep 24, 2019, 9:47:54 PM
Whoa... Reverting to 419.17 driver version actually fixed fps drops for me.
3.14 - Removed Harvest from the game.
This league could have been fun, but the technical problems ruined it for me. I'm an old fart, old time gamer, and I don't remember ever seeing a game with so many crashes and lag spikes.
I might come back when I hear there has been a major technical overhaul - new engine or whatever.
"
creamlet wrote:
unpopular opinion:
Spoiler

they don't have money for optimization and fixing performance issues but they do have money and time for porting to xbox and ps4 ,they do have money for making a shed Ton of unoptimized MTX with Hundreds of particle Effect ...
Pls Fix ur servers pls pls pls ......
"
EXILEStashes wrote:
"
creamlet wrote:
unpopular opinion:
Spoiler

they don't have money for optimization and fixing performance issues but they do have money and time for porting to xbox and ps4 ,they do have money for making a shed Ton of unoptimized MTX with Hundreds of particle Effect ...

Look at my signature, lol. If they have that kind of mindset, I highly doubt optimization is on their list of things to do
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
creamlet wrote:
unpopular opinion:
Spoiler

So you're implying that the performance issues are due to the freeloaders? Gee, I wonder why they made it a f2p game then...

Considering the fact that at the bare minimum, you need at least one premium tab to play the game without a significant handicap, I think it's safe to say that most players who stick around buy at least one supporter pack.

By the way, did you even read the article?

"Once we knew that we had serverside performance issues with Blighted Maps, we wanted to check whether we could improve this issue by adding more servers. We observed that on physical game servers with different numbers of game instances, the number of dropped frames per instance was not higher on more heavily-loaded servers. This showed that the problem is related to specific instances utilising an entire CPU core for more than 33ms, rather than the server itself having too many instances on it. Throwing more money/servers at the problem would not solve it."

You're right, it was an unpopular opinion. So unpopular that even the devs disagree with you.

Last edited by tendency2burn on Sep 25, 2019, 10:51:10 PM
"
tendency2burn wrote:
"
creamlet wrote:
unpopular opinion:
Spoiler

So you're implying that the performance issues are due to the freeloaders? Gee, I wonder why they made it a f2p game then.

Nice troll post you got there mate! I’m not implying any of the s**t you try to put in my mouth. Your logic is seemingly flawed as you believe that free games automatically also run on free hardware and are programmed by people who also work for free.

Of course one can improve the efficiency of software with more development resources. If you had not only read but actually understood their article you would clearly see that you’re putting out a strawman argument. They never said that more development time and hr wouldn’t help in the near term.
Last edited by creamlet on Sep 26, 2019, 4:23:37 PM
"
creamlet wrote:
"
tendency2burn wrote:
"
creamlet wrote:
unpopular opinion:
Spoiler

So you're implying that the performance issues are due to the freeloaders? Gee, I wonder why they made it a f2p game then.

Nice troll post you got there mate! I’m not implying any of the s**t you try to put in my mouth. Your logic is seemingly flawed as you believe that free games automatically also run on free hardware and are programmed by people who also work for free.

Of course one can improve the efficiency of software with more development resources. If you had not only read but actually understood their article you would clearly see that you’re putting out a strawman argument. They never said that more development time and hr wouldn’t help in the near term.

You should brush up on your definition of a straw man argument. I wasn't taking what you said to the extreme, I was pointing out the ridiculous mindset of your first troll post:
"If everyone complaining would buy something from time to time, they would have enough resources to do a tech debt league as it would ease their prioritisation"
IOW
"Pay up so that GGG can afford to give us a fixed version of the league that we should've been able to play from day 1"
When performance issues like these occur, it's not the consumer's responsibility to foot the bill for the patch expenses, it's the company's. Yes, I'm aware that f2p games take resources and employees to maintain. The way their business model is set up, with the constant new stash tabs and expensive cosmetics allows them to comfortably provide a f2p game in the first place, one that they know many players will never spend money on.

I don't know if you were just bored and wanted to get a rise out of people, or if you actually believe this nonsense you're spewing, but either way it was a pretty dumb post, which you seem to have realized with the "unpopular opinion" caption. Come back with a better argument than "your logic is flawed LuLz"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info