Performance and Stability

i think your game is pretty well optimized, idk about you guys that complain but i think if theres 1000 mobs on the screen and 100 skill effects thats reasonable that fps WILL DROP
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<
The problem with stacking many instances of poison should be well known to you...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWyV0kIp5n4

:D
"
IVIetal wrote:
i think your game is pretty well optimized, idk about you guys that complain but i think if theres 1000 mobs on the screen and 100 skill effects thats reasonable that fps WILL DROP

D3's Engine says hi
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Well i play an aurabot. I play with two friends, miner and a summoner.

We have almost no issues with sometimes more than 25 auras and more than 100 minions in blighted maps and a huge and rapidly changing number of mines. Yes blight map 3 players with shytload of auras and shytload of minions.

There are only 2 bad things that can happen.

First is something we understand fully - sometimes the server just cant catch up and we all instantly die as there is like 10 seconds of time warp due to server catching up. Wipes us without any chances to do anything. Thats why we will never play hardcore. The only problem i have with this is the scarcity and cost of blighted maps. Tons of fun regardless, thou a tad too easy ;p in the TD departament.

Second is something that we cant understand. Microtransactions. I have one rule to play with anyone right now - you need to switch off all of them or i wont play with you. Even the shitiest helmet micro lags more than 100 minions and i am not joking. We couldnt play at all at first until i switched off my auras micros and it solved half of the issues. When we all switched off all micros all of the issues gone, like a touch of god, dominus would be proud. Now i lag only when some supporter comes to buy something in the hideout or at the start of game when it forces me too town. This is a super serious issue and you should definetely look into it, we are probably not the only ones figuring this out.. And that one cuts deep into your pockets.

My buddy wanted to buy glacial cascade micro as the base look in certain maps makes you blind, but he will not as its a choice - cant play or go blind/dont run certain maps (like dark forest). On a sidenote - you should definetely tone down on some graphical fireworks it might cost your playerbase a lot in eyes health issues.

And i wish you well, love the game regardless of my dissagreement with many of the things you push on us.. dont take this issue lightly, its severe - you already lost money.
first time for me to respond to a league.

At the moment i play a summoner with 3 or 4 friends, we all play summoners in full cosmetics gear. all with around 40 minions. In blighted maps since the last patch we had almost no problems, only time the server starts to lag in a blight map is when we activate vaal summon skeletons (i wonder why adding 3 times 40 skeletons gives lag :D)

but even then the game remains playable. Yes we all upgraded our gaming rigs at the beginning of this year. But none of us had crashes or stuff like that.

For me i would love this league would stay in one form or another in the game. This league is one of the best i've played sofar... then again i loved synthesis.

so keep up the good work GGG and keep making stuff like this.
"
IVIetal wrote:
That's some 0Head argument.
hurrr buy a better pc
Can you segregate servers and separate Standard players from League so they do not also get to enjoy the random crashes as servers overload?
** Asus Crosshair TUF Gaming x570-Plus, Ryzen 3900x, Corsair H100i AIO, TridentZ 128GB DDR4, RX6900XT, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD **
It's nice to see you acknowledging the issue. But to the points that others have made, this isn't a Blight league thing that came out of nowhere. It has been here for a while and is getting progressively worse.

I feel like ever since the introduction of Betrayal the game has become significantly more unstable. With each and every league after that it is approaching unplayable. So much so that I very seriously considered sitting this league out and may do so for the next one as it just keeps getting worse.

Instead of speculating what could be causing these problems I instead think you may need to strongly reconsider your approach to calculations and client/server interactions. It seems to me every new league is adding layers of math on a system that has been struggling for some time. D3 never even remotely lagged for me ... ever ... and that gameplay was equally hectic. The POE engine has run very well for me for a long time. Whatever started happening in Betrayal broke that and there are still issues with that content to day.

Also not really mentioned a lot but stability has definitely taken a hit. The game crashes on me sometimes just standing in my hideout. Memory issues maybe?

I really hope you take some time and reconsider resource usage in the near future to address these problems. I can handle content I don't enjoy by going to standard. But I can't enjoy ANY content if the game is constantly lagging, sputtering, and crashing.
"
jddc78 wrote:

Also not really mentioned a lot but stability has definitely taken a hit. The game crashes on me sometimes just standing in my hideout. Memory issues maybe?

just enable vsync or limit fps to 60, you probably have 500fps in hideout loading your gpu to 100% and causing overheat

if you crashing during betrayal, legion encounters, disable post processing
Last edited by Sonidox on Sep 23, 2019, 1:13:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info