Performance and Stability

What I do not understand about the continued degradation of performance, is that old content suddenly performs much worse than when it was released.

For example Betrayal. When it was released, I did not have any lag when doing a Safehouse encounter. In Blight however, every time syndicate members enter the fight, inside the Safehouse itself, I lag for a good 5 to 10 seconds. Making the encounter quite frustrating.
Last edited by Raigirin on Sep 21, 2019, 5:20:05 AM
"
ZionHalcyon wrote:
I'll second Vulkan API.

Getting away from the dx bloatware and onto a universal API would be a huge deal.

ID optimized the shit outta Vulkan and doom runs incredible because of it...

id are masters of the tech. they not from this planet. like in Doom for example no matter where you turn never drop frames, like they know how many objects, textures, particle effects can put. Do you think that dont want to add more to get even better looking game. They are real pro, no one can match this. It feels to me like this, no idea how is in reality but this is just my guess. Like they have some PC with low or their min specs and everything they do must be running 60fps+ on this machine. They will never sacrifice performance. You cant see scenes there to drop from 60 to 20 fps for example. They will NEVER do this.

Here is totally opposite. MTXs and billion of things on screen, it feels so amateur. Like Blight for example ... its so hard to predict that will be unplayable with so many monsters and other shit? Yea this is just a piece, ppl have huge fps issues even in regular maps without any laggy skills. Feels like they trying to put some new things, to improve? performance like loading assets differently. But instead to be faster... its causing fps drops to zero now. Like im back to HDD era :( I had similar fps drops when i was on HDD years ago. They changed something last patches, monsters are invisible and causes stuttering.
Last edited by Joleco on Sep 21, 2019, 8:00:56 AM
I have noticed that if I am in a blight map and I do not move my character (minion build) it's actually not leggy or low fps.

We also noticed when we ran t15 beachhead with many minions (rota) that some realms were far worse than others. There was 0 lag or fps drop on a Korea server, Texas had significant stuttering, and several Europe ones we literally had to unsummon all but about 5 minions to play on.

I understand that logically, you expect a major part of the issues client-side, but the evidence points to network and server issues exclusively. Try testing on the Korea servers for a while and see the difference.
"
Recent versions of the Nvidia driver including the most recent, 436.30, have this issue.

The funny thing is that updating to 436.30 was what fixed all of the issues I was having (I was only getting Exception: Present crashes, typically during a Blight or just due to walking close enough to a Blight). It's probably worth noting that the version I updated from was 365.10.
Always go left.
You guys dont need to do expensive works on with, just make us a option to disable some effects, gore, mtx, shadows, particles or hide peoples in towns just make more optional things in POE, i think this will be great for the GPU issues
Thank you for working on the performance and crashes. I hope that this isn't causing the dev team to have to suffer any crunch.
Last edited by lman12 on Sep 21, 2019, 11:27:40 AM
I miss the awakening times where the game was perfect for me
As always, Chris is addressing to the community openhearted. Thank you for that.

Keep up the great work :)
"
lman12 wrote:
I just found something so obvious that it is easy to miss. I was trying to pinpoint the issues as my system is pretty up to date.. and boom. when you install the 3.8 client your 64 bit shortcut was overwritten to the 32 bit shortcut client. For 2 weeks i have suffered with 1 to 2 frames in groups.. now after the switch. its still a bit laggy with screen spam but overall. 100 percent improvement. So do yourself a favor and check it. It one of those things easy to miss since it was updated and using the right 64 bit client more than doubled my performance!

Hope that helps bois!

Yeah when 3.8 was released for some reason it made the game default to using integrated graphics instead of my nVidia card. That was a treat.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info