Performance and Stability

In all fairness, not everyone is experiencing performance issues. I’m on Washington server, gaming on a 8 yr old Alienware, game has been solid as a rock for me, way better than previous leagues.

Kudos to GGG. Only thing I’d like to see them improve on is the fun patch.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
i dont if it would fix anything, but give the blight monsters more speed, less health perhaps, and make the encounters and the blight maps as waves where you get time between waves too (for one) setup towers as in actual tower defence (with a speed up button), and (for second) solve some of the server side calculation problems :)
sittin on 14ms ... still dying to desync PepeHands
We're gonna need a mailing address or at least PO box so we know where to send the next ten Developer of the Year awards.

Thanks.
Best free game ever! You can't improve what you don't push. Kodos for pushing what you have made. I like the whole tower defense, never would have expected it. Most of the negativity posted about this really don't understand how you get something better. Keep working on it and the game is great.
I have no issues with the game. No crashes, no lag... no performance issues. 9 zombies, 4 spectres, 10 skelletons, 1 golem + ?10 phantasms. All smooth
Honestly I dont have any of these performance issue except if i alt tab in my hide i notice that the shader engine seems to leak slowly. My game starts to appear pixelated. Problem is solved by reloading my hide out. It's possible that this issue could be the underlying cause of the problems other people are experiencing this league.

It should be said that this is the first league that I have ever noticed this issue. I'd be happy to send logs of me afk in my hideout if it will help.

In other words i dont think it is an asset problem as you stated here.
ALLOW ME TO DISABLE SHADOWS PLEASE!!!
One thing I noticed, in terms of cpu/gpu load you guys are overusing particle systems at mass.

I suppose you want the game to look as good as possible, and we all know PT systems are fast, cheap, efficient and great way to make FX. The problem is when you mass them, there is no hardware that can render it all in time. Plus given the speed of development that you have it might be difficult to optimize them all...

One example of this:
Just when you enter any blighted map, without even starting the blight I get load on my GPU from 40% to 70% instantly. All of this is most likely caused by this mass particles flying around. Thou I'm just guessing what I know from experience.
Yeah I stopped playing months ago on PS4 Pro due to the horrid game performance.

Loved the game (and spent a respectable amount on MTXs), but not being able to play the game to its full potential, or at least to the extent PC players can, is unacceptable.

To that end, if the terrible game performance is something that cannot be adequately improved for console players, you guys should seriously reconsider, at a minimum, implementing cross-saves across platforms.

I might pick the game back up if I can play my toon on my more powerful custom PC, while still being able to go back and attempt to occasionally play with PS4 friends if they don't jump ship to PC as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info