[3.11] Flameblast/Vaal Flameblast Ignite Trickster (EB+MOM)

"
_Nektre_ wrote:
Bandit choice?

Any changes in PoB for 3.9 i should look forward to?

2 passive points. Tree remains unchanged since 3.9 didn't really affect this part of the skiltree. The only slight change might be in regard to endgame gearing, because of some crafting limitations like multimod nerf as well as harder accesibility to shaper/elder bases, but perhaps new awakener mod pools will be interesting, didn't get to see them yet though. Either way core remains the same.
Last edited by Grozaa on Dec 15, 2019, 5:25:31 PM
Ok, just one more quick question, isn't swift killer better for cast speed and power charges + 30% incr damage from 3/3 power and frenzy charges? Instead of prolonged pain? + we can take power charge in witch area with node 4% incr spell damage per PC which would give us additional 20% incr damage, if it works for ignite damage, whatcha think?
"
_Nektre_ wrote:
Ok, just one more quick question, isn't swift killer better for cast speed and power charges + 30% incr damage from 3/3 power and frenzy charges? Instead of prolonged pain? + we can take power charge in witch area with node 4% incr spell damage per PC which would give us additional 20% incr damage, if it works for ignite damage, whatcha think?

There is some synergy from swift killer but things are a little bit complicated so let me break it down for you.
First of all, assuming no extra investment, we are talking about 4 frenzy and 4 power charges. With flameblast being a channelling skill, we would get a charge per second channel. The thing is, in most of the cases we do not want to be holding for that long, especially while mapping. For clearing trash mobs holding for 0.1 second is enough, so we would only realistically get those charges if we either unnecessarily extended our channelling time, or during longer encounters when we actually want to hold flameblast like metamorph or boss fights.
So I will do a comparison based on 2 different assumptions, depending on how do you view charge efficiency:
a) I would say on average we would have 2power+2frenzy charges
Swift killer: 20%increased damage, 8%cast speed, 8%more damage
Prolonged pain: 20% more damage,10% increased dot damage(small passive), 10% reduced dot damage taken
b) 4+4
Swift killer: 40%increased damage, 16%cast speed, 16%more damage
Prolonged pain: 20% more damage,10% increased dot damage(small passive), 10% reduced dot damage taken

As you can see, swift killer will be better assuming optimistic view of charges uptime. So there is no bad choice, but it depends on your playstyle. With max charges swift killer provides a bit better dmg output, at the expense of some defences.
Last edited by Grozaa on Dec 16, 2019, 12:54:12 PM
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
_Nektre_ wrote:

There is some synergy from swift killer but things are a little bit complicated so let me break it down for you.
First of all, assuming no extra investment, we are talking about 4 frenzy and 4 power charges. With flameblast being a channelling skill, we would get a charge per second channel. The thing is, in most of the cases we do not want to be holding for that long, especially while mapping. For clearing trash mobs holding for 0.1 second is enough, so we would only realistically get those charges if we either unnecessarily extended our channelling time, or during longer encounters when we actually want to hold flameblast like metamorph or boss fights.
So I will do a comparison based on 2 different assumptions, depending on how do you view charge efficiency:
a) I would say on average we would have 2power+2frenzy charges
Swift killer: 20%increased damage, 8%cast speed, 8%more damage
b) 4+4
Swift killer: 40%increased damage, 16%cast speed, 16%more damage

As you can see, swift killer will be better assuming optimistic view of charges uptime. So there is no bad choice, but it depends on your playstyle. With max charges swift killer provides a bit better dmg output, at the expense of some defences.

Gotcha, also now i see prolonged grants us 20% MORE not increased, didn't noticed it b4. Swift killer gives charges also on kills, tho we need more dmg on bosses than clearing. Ty for super quick answer.
Wondering what your opinion is on going Elementalist over Trickster with all of the recent golem changes and such from the last few months?
"
decyphier wrote:
Wondering what your opinion is on going Elementalist over Trickster with all of the recent golem changes and such from the last few months?

I assume you would take beacon of ruin and elemancer. In this case, shaper of desolation would be useless for this build. So in terms of offence you would end up pretty evenly. Beacon of ruin is the same power as prolonged pain, and then you trade damage from small passives and patient reaper in return for extra golems.
However, trickster would be MUCH better defensively. The only defence you get from elementalist is elemental ailment immunity and arguably some buffs/aggro from golems. On the other hand, trickster's defences from ghost dance, escape artist and patient reaper far outweigh those of elementalist.
So to sum up: if you like golem playstyle and don't mind losing significant amount of tankiness, go for elementalist. In such a case, obviously make a different tree .And going EB+MOM would probably be a bad idea.
Hey do you have any Videos of the build?
"
alevil1234 wrote:
Hey do you have any Videos of the build?

I don't really have youtube channel or any recording tools. So the answer is no unless you really want to see the build in action in which case most I can propose is to showcase gameplay in-game or via discord screen share.
I think im gonna reroll my shadow into different build, ignite prolif works 1 out of 10 flameblasts, on bosses it feels great but for clearing most of things die from explosion and then ignite doesn't spread, it feels like playing ED contagion that just kills things in radius of single contagion, without spreading. Unless im doing something wrong but playstyle doesn't seem too complicated to mess something up.

EDIT
RN trying to play with fireball since rerolling is too expensive, already feels a lot better, i will see how it does against bosses.
Last edited by _Nektre_ on Dec 17, 2019, 12:35:08 PM
"
_Nektre_ wrote:
I think im gonna reroll my shadow into different build, ignite prolif works 1 out of 10 flameblasts, on bosses it feels great but for clearing most of things die from explosion and then ignite doesn't spread, it feels like playing ED contagion that just kills things in radius of single contagion, without spreading. Unless im doing something wrong but playstyle doesn't seem too complicated to mess something up.

EDIT
RN trying to play with fireball since rerolling is too expensive, already feels a lot better, i will see how it does against bosses.

You are using pyre on the build where the mobs clear is based on ignite prolif?.. With this ring if you oneshot a mob with small blast then the ignite will not spread to the rest of the pack, which is exactly what is needed. Just remove it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info