[3.11] Flameblast/Vaal Flameblast Ignite Trickster (EB+MOM)

"
WIth the 3.13 elementalist changes, do you think this would be better on that class? If so how would you build it? Cheers!

With the reworked elementalist, flameblast might be quite nice.
Shaper of flames is just a good multiplier, though since flameblast will have 50% base ignite, the "always ignite" part is not that tempting.
Heart of destruction can add quite a lot of consistent QOL with aoe on clear/dmg on bosses.
Mastermind of discord would be kinda clunky since applying exposure while you still need to channel flameblast seems quite bad (unless you find a way to make something like wave of conviction + totem work consistently enough).
Bastion of elements is quite interesting as it finally provides some sort of defensive mechanic for this ascendancy. Whether it's good or not is hard to tell yet(they change aegis skills to not deplete after getting hit the way they do now, but overall items like vix lunaris are quite bad - still probably worth trying out).

If you were to build it as an elementalist, it would probably make more sense to lean towards more life-based version, as there are not as many incentives to go hybrid eb+mom as there are in trickster.
Overall, you would probably gain more damage as elementalist at the cost of some defensive mechanics of trickster. Either way, both ways to build this type of DOT ignite character seem viable.
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
WIth the 3.13 elementalist changes, do you think this would be better on that class? If so how would you build it? Cheers!

With the reworked elementalist, flameblast might be quite nice.
Shaper of flames is just a good multiplier, though since flameblast will have 50% base ignite, the "always ignite" part is not that tempting.
Heart of destruction can add quite a lot of consistent QOL with aoe on clear/dmg on bosses.
Mastermind of discord would be kinda clunky since applying exposure while you still need to channel flameblast seems quite bad (unless you find a way to make something like wave of conviction + totem work consistently enough).
Bastion of elements is quite interesting as it finally provides some sort of defensive mechanic for this ascendancy. Whether it's good or not is hard to tell yet(they change aegis skills to not deplete after getting hit the way they do now, but overall items like vix lunaris are quite bad - still probably worth trying out).

If you were to build it as an elementalist, it would probably make more sense to lean towards more life-based version, as there are not as many incentives to go hybrid eb+mom as there are in trickster.
Overall, you would probably gain more damage as elementalist at the cost of some defensive mechanics of trickster. Either way, both ways to build this type of DOT ignite character seem viable.

Cheers mate, appreciate the reply, with all that being said i think i'll stick with your variant as its more consistent for my needs and i really do enjoy the eb+mom playstyle.
🥓🔥🥓🔥BACON'S BOSS KILLING SERVICE!🔥🥓🔥🥓
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2640995/page/1
have you thought about adding cluster jewels to this build? i was messing with some and saw that there were some combos in larges that may take this build a step further in aoe size and dmg as well as increasing flammability effectiveness and fire dps
Cluster jewels can certainly be a consideration. To be fair, medium fire dot multi jewels would probably be more impactful than large ele dmg, but finding enough points to fit 1 large + 2 mediums would be quite difficult, as the build already has a lot of good nodes on the tree and need to travel for some different keystones. If you were to cut some points for the clusters, it would probably be the left side of the tree.
i was wondering, is berek's respite a boost to clear potential or is their something that make it worthless?
"
Henreal wrote:
i was wondering, is berek's respite a boost to clear potential or is their something that make it worthless?

The clear potential does not get improved by this ring because there is already ignite proliferation as support in flameblast links. Either way, the other stats of that ring do not synergise with the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info