[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
"
Destructodave wrote:

I dash too fast. It even gets me killed sometimes. And I dont even use faster attacks, and have Fiber and 20 ping. Its honestly incredibly annoying. I will dash, and it will dash a 2nd time; sometimes right back to the same exact area, and I'll get hit by something I was trying to dodge.

^^
This happens. I had a lot of trouble with that when i fought Aul until i figured wtf is it.
Thing is it remained in the gem setup because I have to adapt the build to everyone. Not everybody has 2.0 aps claws... If you have fast claws, take out Faster Attacks support, it's definitely making problems with Whirling.

Honestly, for those who feel like a glass cannon you are forgetting how's it's like to actually play this league with one.
This one isn't squishy unless you make it so, by playing without paying attention, which i stated. It's not mindless build like a Cyclone (played by half of the league) where you hold your gas pedal and steer the wheel. It's not Herald stacker either.

I haven't played the build since Blight but I got my hands on one Simulacrum in standard. Doing it deathless on the first try is something.

If you feel like you need to go triple Purity to play it, i suggest some new build, a proper tank. Not something that is not here or there.

@Corioliss
That's a bad idea, won't work well. You are either going to get distracted by getting that Rage or you ain't going to get it.
There is a cluster node that gives Rage on hit once a second.

For me, its not squishy persay, just prone to 1-shots. And, in the high 90s, its really 1 or 2 deaths in a see of 100+ maps that keeps you from ever leveling again. Also, I pretty much leveled all the way to 96 with Viper Strike. I play Pestilent now, because it maps better, but I think Pestilent is less safe than Viper Strike by far. Because I used Melee Splash with Viper, and it attacks with both hands, the life on hit gain was vastly superior to a handful of mobs getting hit by Pestilent.

But Pestilent is really the way to go for 5 orb maps, Simulacrum, etc. At this point random deaths I dont care about. I'll take 1 death in a 5 orb Delirium map or a Simulacrum map. Id have to clean up some things, like you said, if I wanted to level any farther.

Rerolling maps is probably the best option to level. Poison and Chaos builds really suck you in to alch/vaal/super mapping because they can do any mod; so you almost never roll off the dangerous ones.
Last edited by Destructodave on Apr 25, 2020, 6:30:28 PM
Ok, well, context is important. I agree with you, but again, a few pages back it's made out like you can make a similar claw but with high tier attack speed for piddles. It costs at LEAST a few exalt. it's basically worth it to buy someones shit tier IAS claw for 3 or 4 exalt. It's not that cheap.

On a very large, expensive scale? sure, you could make something amazing for 5 exalt that's being sold for 15 exalt. I'm saying it was implied you can make a multi exalt one in 2-4 tries. It's a load of shit.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Apr 25, 2020, 6:40:30 PM
"
Ok, well, context is important. I agree with you, but again, a few pages back it's made out like you can make a similar claw but with high tier attack speed for piddles. It costs at LEAST a few exalt. it's basically worth it to buy someones shit tier IAS claw for 3 or 4 exalt. It's not that cheap.

On a very large, expensive scale? sure, you could make something amazing for 5 exalt that's being sold for 15 exalt. I'm saying it was implied you can make a multi exalt one in 2-4 tries. It's a load of shit.

You 100% could at the time of that post, lol. Hitting Ias/60%/chaos is not hard with that method, and those sold for 4-5exalt. I sold 2 for 6. Most for 4-5. And that was 100% because I was undercutting by an entire exalt because the process was so easy, lol.

You are forgetting how far back into the league that post was. You cant come in at basically the tail-end dying of the league and expect the same methods at making money to be as good. All claws were selling then.

Have you tried to craft another? The hard part was hitting one with all that stuff AND an open prefix. But hitting one like the current 2 exalt ones is not hard, and the added bonus is they were selling for 4-5+ exalt at the time of that post.

You really are not understanding the time difference from now and when that post was made, and you still came out ahead lol. I really dont see the issue here. You just made a claw 4-5 exalt cheaper than you would have paid for it, and your mad about it.

IAS/60%/chaos is still multi-exalt. Until you craft more than 1 thing, I dont see how you can argue against it. Especially when you literally crafted a GG one for 30% of the cost. The claws right now selling for 2 exalt were like 6 at the time of that post. Before that just having one with 60%/chaos was a ton of exalts, too.

If you dont like the method or believe in it, dont do it, lol. No point in putting me on blast because you didnt make your very first craft in 2 tries. I crafted 10x that, and I even used the original method of corroded/metallic/abberant to make my first 2, and I dont even know how many of those I crafted and sold, because just having 60% and one other mod those were expensive at the time(Imperial Claw bases were 1exalt). Probably another 10 there.

Its just weird you are so mad, when you made a claw for 3ex worst case scenario that cost 7. Just buy the 7 exalt claw then and dont craft anymore.

Last edited by Destructodave on Apr 25, 2020, 8:03:00 PM
"
Werdna76 wrote:

For me, the triple purity makes it playable. I started with seeing the Mathil build and didn't see this guide until I was already playing it. Then got frustrated with dying - maybe gear at the time, maybe me just not being good. :) But switching to a 3xPurity build made it really click for me. Feels good, feels like it's got the spirit of poison proliferation, and feels almost as tanky as my gladiator and way faster... I'm not sure what beats it. So I'm happy and looking to this thread for inspiration on fine-tuning, like the possible Rage substitute for faster attacks. It's all good stuff. Everyone has their own play-style. Mine may just be too face-tanky for most builds as shown.

I believe you, ill test it definitely to see how it goes. Didn't mean anything bad, whatever works for you is good ofc :)
I just thought if player is not feeling it, no need to get frustrated if something like you said is not clicking or requires totally different play style than someone likes.

Will work on that idea to see what can i pull out of it. Best thing would be to get them to 80% res with gem lvls while relaxing the rest of the gear with resistances and getting more dps.

Awakener gloves might be the right choice, we'll see.

Ty anyway for the input. This build evolved in valuable increments thru leagues tnx to players feedback and I intend to continue to work like that. :)
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Apr 25, 2020, 8:05:30 PM
"
Destructodave wrote:

Its just weird you are so mad,

uh...wot now? Slow down man, you're reaching. Just putting down my thoughts. 15 tries with 4 socket resonators till a good one hit is not cheap. Feel free to rebutal but I aint mad. That's very...troll-ish of you.
"
"
Destructodave wrote:

Its just weird you are so mad,

uh...wot now? Slow down man, you're reaching. Just putting down my thoughts. 15 tries with 4 socket resonators till a good one hit is not cheap. Feel free to rebutal but I aint mad. That's very...troll-ish of you.

When the claw you are shooting for is 7+ exalt, that is cheap. And, again, that was weeks ago, near beginning of the league. That same claw, was 11ex. So 15 rolls for an 11ex claw at the time of that post, was ultra cheap. It was either that or use Wasp Nests. Because people were completely gouging prices on claws, which is why it was so profitable to just craft and resell all the mediocre ones.

If you sold that claw, you would be up what? 4-5 exalt? Then you craft another. If it rolls anything decent, its another 2-7 exalt sell, even now. Rinse repeat, until you are tired of crafting claws. Now go back in time where those were not 2-7 exalt sells, but 6-10. And they would hit in the first 2-6 rolls at times. Never took more than 12.

Anyways this is a pointless argument. Your claw is 100% proof its better to craft. I made a ton of money crafting claws this league, I got tired of it, figured Id help other people at the time of the post to go for theirs, and make really good currency at the same time.

Hell, there may even still be good currency in that, but grabbing 4 fossils is a serious hassle, compared to other crafting things now you can just do with 1 fossil.

Are you gonna craft another? I'd be interested to hear the amount of crafts you spend on it. Or, the amount of crafts you spend before you get something like 60%/chaos/etc. Because those were selling at that time.

Anyways, I've argued about a 2 week old post long enough. I made a TON of currency doing that, and figured I'd spread the wealth. I didnt think I'd have to defend my post 2-3 weeks later. That was a post for that specific instance in time; and next league, early in the league, that is 100% an easy way to make money.
Last edited by Destructodave on Apr 25, 2020, 11:58:10 PM
Since I run double Low Tolerance and Unspeakable Gifts, I decided to give Viper Strike a try without splash; I have been using Pestilent for awhile and since I got that jewel setup.

The clear is quite good. Its a lot like Pestilent, but you do way more single target to the hard stuff if you get a Kosis or some Legion mobs/etc., or even a boss, and you dont have to swap gems.

Its not bad at all. A lot of what I thought Pestilent was doing, was really just my Cluster Jewel setup, because stuff dies about the same.

Here's 18-20 Simulacrum with just Viper. No call, Splash, just Low Tolerance and Unspeakable Gifts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeWUNJumOQs

I may get 5 rewards with Pestilent. I cant remember. I stopped looking at that and just do them.

Last edited by Destructodave on Apr 26, 2020, 4:37:43 AM
A little update on the rage support for Whirling blades thing here:

With my normal gear I get about 15-25 Rage stacks on average until I reach the map Boss. That's 20% increased damage, 10% attack speed and 4% movement speed on average. Not a whole lot, but better than nothing.

That is with my normal playstyle of just whirling through mobs and tapping them once. One PS is way enough to kill any rare mob for me at this point.

As previously stated, on 100% Delirium Maps it is easily possible to reach 50 Rage stacks for me, at this point the damage increase really becomes noticable, and the movementspeed is some nice added bonus.

To test this further I replaced my rare claws with wasps nests for a few maps and took out my watcher's eye and Chaos Multi Amulet to lower my damage a bit.

At this point even in normal T16 maps I do reach 40+ Rage stacks consistently, without focussing on them at all. Again: at this point the damage increase is actually very noticable.

As I thought, there is pretty much no impact of Rage on Bossfights apart from uber elder though. Whirling through the boss 50 times to stack it up is of course not worth it, and the 1-5 stacks you get naturally (through positioning or proccing Fortify) are pretty much negligable.

Overall this is not a huge gamechanger, but a nice little added bonus, and I definitely recommend it.
Hello guys!
Finished storyline and loving the build so much, but it's definitely the ugliest charcater I've ever played, just look at this mofo daaaamn
"
RockyScream wrote:
Hello guys!
Finished storyline and loving the build so much, but it's definitely the ugliest charcater I've ever played, just look at this mofo daaaamn

hahahaha looks about right xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info