[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Corioliss wrote:
"
RockyScream wrote:
Hello guys!

3) Do we really need to use all of that skills, That's literally no more place on my skill panel to fit it all: Withering step, Pestilent strike, Whirling blades, Dash, Molten shell, Vaal molten shell, Vaal haste, Blood rage, Wither - all that should be somehow visible for you to check the cooldown and I have no idea how to squeeze Plague bearer. And don't forget we also use flasks hard :) I'm ready to play piano, but seems I ain't got enough fingers lol
In the early pages of this thread the guy asked the same question and Torstein said he'll upload a video on this, but I couldn't find it.
I ditched Withering Step for a Portal Gem. I'm not ever running long distances anyway, Whirling Blading is faster, so why even bother with Withering Step.

The Totems you just use on bosses, plague bearer you can pretty much use whenever though, it fills up really fast. While mapping it just kills mobs that are a little further away from you and may not get hit by the normal poison proliferation. It's not necessary though, just a little bit extra.

As for Leaguestarting with this build: I did that this league, and up to a week ago played this character exclusively. It definitely is possible, but to be frank: there are better options. Pretty much all attack skills in this game, apart maybe from Cyclone, which is still broken, need kinda high investment to shine.
Also the crafting bases for claws were crazy expensive in the beginning of the league, like 2 ex for an 83+ Elder Claw. Wasps Nest is always cheap though and can carry you way into red maps.

So: It is possible to leaguestart with this, and it definitely is fun, but you won't be as fast as for example a minion build, an impale cycloner or some Essence Drain/Contagion caster.

Ill add my 2 cents :)

Withering Step is not necessary although it's useful for 2 reasons, it gives phasing and speed in Delve corridors (so you don't get stuck with Whirling, deeper in Delve it's dangerous) also applies 6 Wither stacks on cast in area for some damage boost.

Plague Bearer impact in high red tier is low and on big bosses it's negligible. I don't have it.

Dash (also not necessary) is useful to go over cliffs, i hold it in second button row just to jump over.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Apr 25, 2020, 6:58:38 AM
"
Corioliss wrote:
I ditched Withering Step for a Portal Gem. I'm not ever running long distances anyway, Whirling Blading is faster, so why even bother with Withering Step.

Tnanks for a detailed review. I took a glance at your character through POB, could you explain your gem setup please? I like the idea of whirling blades+faster attacks, that would make movement very smooth, but if we assume, that we could only have 4L on movement skills, whirling blades+faster attacks+ fortify either should be casting out of mana (no blood magic gem), or we losing dash in this setup. And as POB shows - you already have overreserved mana (I think it's a glitch since you'll probably have enlighten 4 somewhere).

"
Ill add my 2 cents :)

Withering Step is not necessary although it's useful for 2 reasons, it gives phasing and speed in Delve corridors (so you don't get stuck with Whirling, deeper in Delve it's dangerous) also applies 6 Wither stacks on cast in area for some damage boost.

Plague Bearer impact in high red tier is low and on big bosses it's negligible. I don't have it.

Dash (also not necessary) is useful to go over cliffs, i hold it in second button row just to jump over.

Thanks, I'll ditch WS I think too, it would've been an OP skill if it wasn't interruptable by any skills. I constantly whirling around so it's kinda useless to me. When the time comes for delving, I might reconsider this option.
Faster attacks really isn't necessary with my high attack speed, though blood magic isn't either. With the -10 mana cost craft on a ring (with catalyst) it's almost free anyway. Only time i can not whirl is when I'm in one of these mana drain runes on crusader maps.

About the mana reservation: yes, my enlighten level 4 is currently on my assassin, not willing to buy another one of these. I don't mind switching it around.
"
RockyScream wrote:

3) Do we really need to use all of that skills, That's literally no more place on my skill panel to fit it all: Withering step, Pestilent strike, Whirling blades, Dash, Molten shell, Vaal molten shell, Vaal haste, Blood rage, Wither - all that should be somehow visible for you to check the cooldown and I have no idea how to squeeze Plague bearer. And don't forget we also use flasks hard :) I'm ready to play piano, but seems I ain't got enough fingers lol

just a tip i learned from reddit - guard skills (molten shell) can be put on left mouse button and it won't stop you from walking, while also activating the skill the instant it's off cooldown.

Here's my keybindings:

https://imgur.com/xNYzfgd

https://imgur.com/Qj5FoyH

I have 2 extra mouse buttons to work with, so my attack skill and movement skill are on those. When I'm mapping, i activate blood rage at the start of the map and then never need to again. wither totem only for bosses or big rares. vaal grace and vaal molten shell when I get scared. I rest my hand on my flasks and spam them when they're off cooldown. I keep portal and auras on the control swap for when I want to leave/when I die.

I don't have dash because I hate it lol, and I did try plague bearer but didn't see the point above tier 9-ish maps.
"
Corioliss wrote:
Faster attacks really isn't necessary with my high attack speed, though blood magic isn't either. With the -10 mana cost craft on a ring (with catalyst) it's almost free anyway. Only time i can not whirl is when I'm in one of these mana drain runes on crusader maps.

About the mana reservation: yes, my enlighten level 4 is currently on my assassin, not willing to buy another one of these. I don't mind switching it around.

True, not only that, it becomes uncontrollable.

Ill prob do revision of gems..
"
Yalpe wrote:
I was just wondering if someone had figured out how to improve survivability in them.

You can try fitting Soul tether belt + Corrupted Soul keystone in to the build (see my character).
You can also try running temporal chains as a second curse (need to up the curse limit), which increases offense and defense.

Although with rippy maps (for example 8 mod double/triple beyond) one shots will still happen.
"

just a tip i learned from reddit - guard skills (molten shell) can be put on left mouse button and it won't stop you from walking, while also activating the skill the instant it's off cooldown.

Here's my keybindings:

I have 2 extra mouse buttons to work with, so my attack skill and movement skill are on those. When I'm mapping, i activate blood rage at the start of the map and then never need to again. wither totem only for bosses or big rares. vaal grace and vaal molten shell when I get scared. I rest my hand on my flasks and spam them when they're off cooldown. I keep portal and auras on the control swap for when I want to leave/when I die.

I don't have dash because I hate it lol, and I did try plague bearer but didn't see the point above tier 9-ish maps.

Well that's a big QoL. I totally forgot about that although I use the same trick on 2 other builds.

Ill add it to the main page. :)

Plague Bearer was intended for dedicated build to work with Withering Step. having it solo is pretty much useless yeah.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Apr 25, 2020, 12:30:32 PM
"
blastinMot wrote:
"
Yalpe wrote:
I was just wondering if someone had figured out how to improve survivability in them.

You can try fitting Soul tether belt + Corrupted Soul keystone in to the build (see my character).
You can also try running temporal chains as a second curse (need to up the curse limit), which increases offense and defense.

Although with rippy maps (for example 8 mod double/triple beyond) one shots will still happen.

Yeah ofc, that's a valid alternative. Solves the problem of being vulnerable to degens.
It's little harder to replicate so I left it out. Players like you will mod the char with their own ideas anyway.

Build is very flexible, main thing is not to fuck up defenses too much while modding but various things can work out good.

Sporeguard is also an option with small Thread of Hope that can reach Phase Acrobatics.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Apr 25, 2020, 12:35:39 PM
"
"

Here's my keybindings:

Well that's a big QoL. I totally forgot about that although I use the same trick on 2 other builds.

Ill add it to the main page. :)

Plague Bearer was intended for dedicated build to work with Withering Step. having it solo is pretty much useless yeah.

I actually tried it and it felt not 100% reliable. There were couple of situations, when jade flask duration was over and you not yet renewed, but molten shell was already off and snapshotted my tiny little armour. It's a trade off - you don't need to track the regular MS cooldown and press the skill manually, but you got to track your flasks cooldowns and renew them constantly, for me it's hard, since the durations of flasks are different, so I cast MS manually.

And on phase bosses, it's nothing worse then to waste your MS on a boss invincibility phase or some sh*t talking phase and got MS on cooldown when the boss really gonna slam you. Thx for the tips though, appreciate it!

"

I liked it on my other character, you just hold whirling blades button and go HAM on the mobs, with >8 APS it's a flicker-strike kind of experience. Of course it was just for fun and should not be used as a reliable playstyle.

As for revision - please do, it would really help to clear things up :)
Last edited by RockyScream on Apr 25, 2020, 2:37:21 PM
"
"
Corioliss wrote:

It does feel perfectly controllable to me, so maybe that's a latency thing? Personally I never had any issues with dashing too fast.
The only case in which whirling blades sometimes gets stuck is in Delve, for this situation I do switch the portal Gem for Witherin Step, as you said.

About the whirling blades supports, maybe Culling Strike is an option here? You can just whirl through enemies (even bosses) below 10% HP to kill them. The Agony crawler is somewhat unreliable with culling strike anyway. For some reason he sometimes just stops attacking bosses like Sirus, even at maximum Stacks, so I have to kill them manually through damage.
At least that's what I sometimes observe. Can other people confirm this?

In this case you could either have 2 culling skills, or swap the culling strike in the aura setup for something like a Level 1 Precision. It's only 93 Accuracy and 20% Crit (which doesn't do much without any Crit Multi), but it's better than nothing.

Also this would open up the possibility for a Watcher's eye with Precision Attack Speed or Attack Damage as people previously suggested.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info