[3.13] Saboteur Pyroclast Mine Crit - Cheap, SSF friendly

Alright, yeah you're probably right. I'ma look out abit and see what I end up with, Ill keep my progress here updated once the leauge starts. THanks for quick answer bro! =)
This build is going to be perfect for this league. Perfect Boss killer.

Thanks!
With the 3.9 nerfs to Stormblast Mine, would pivoting to Explosive or Fire Trap until Pyroclast work better?
"
Radise27 wrote:
... [see above]
The nerf isn't significant enough to be a problem during your leveling i think. But if you prefer, sure you can use whatever you prefer or feel like it'll be better.
Question on tremor rod.

Did anyone test with and without tremor rod? Poe wiki states "It does not create an additional mine. This can be problematic when using skills with longer durations such as Pyroclast Mine, as they cannot be detonated again until the novas stop casting."

So, it will help in killing high hp bosses but not on map clear speed.
Ok!

The new Awakened Curse on hit gem looks insane! Only hope it isn't too meta and hard/expensive to obtain. It looks to be a must in any build IMO.

Can apply +1 curse. With 2 curses what works great? Assassin's mark with this crit build grants the most DPS on PoB. Next, projectile weakness but, it slows down projectiles. Thinking elemental weakness or flammability would be better.

Okay, what if... what if you go full juice and anoint whispers of doom on the amulet getting the third curse.

Enfeeble for more survivability. I mean who needs that in softcore, hehe.

The best skill to apply curse on hit I believe is herald of thunder, which reserves some mana. If not wanting to reserve mana what active skill would work great? Orb of storms, maybe storm brand?
What links should I use while leveling with Pyroclast mines? I'm trying to use Pyroclast mines for single target while leveling with arc but I'm not sure what links to use
"
TerminalLife wrote:
Question on tremor rod.

Did anyone test with and without tremor rod? Poe wiki states "It does not create an additional mine. This can be problematic when using skills with longer durations such as Pyroclast Mine, as they cannot be detonated again until the novas stop casting."

So, it will help in killing high hp bosses but not on map clear speed.
I didn't have it to try, but i remember seeing a build using it. Here's the guide with the timestamp around where he talks about it. It's indeed a strange behavior if they cannot be detonated in the current sequence.
"
TerminalLife wrote:
Ok!

The new Awakened Curse on hit gem looks insane! Only hope it isn't too meta and hard/expensive to obtain. It looks to be a must in any build IMO.

Can apply +1 curse. With 2 curses what works great? Assassin's mark with this crit build grants the most DPS on PoB. Next, projectile weakness but, it slows down projectiles. Thinking elemental weakness or flammability would be better.

Okay, what if... what if you go full juice and anoint whispers of doom on the amulet getting the third curse.

Enfeeble for more survivability. I mean who needs that in softcore, hehe.

The best skill to apply curse on hit I believe is herald of thunder, which reserves some mana. If not wanting to reserve mana what active skill would work great? Orb of storms, maybe storm brand?
Why would Projectile Weakness slows down projectiles?
I never really like curses overall because of Hexproof and the bosses resistance. But it's very good to help clearing stuff for sure. I don't remember the last time i used a curse on hit setup, it was so long ago. But afair yes Herald of Thunder was the best herald for it, while not being that awesome... Orb of Storms is a possibility yes, but it's better when you're casting lightning skills.

Don't underestimate survivability, especially in this build, it's kinda needed. The DPS is the least of your concern (considering how high it's without much investment).
"
... [see above]
The links in the build? ^^
You can try Minefield instead of Swift Assembly if wanted. And then Combustion, Immolate or Trap & Mine damage as the 4th link, etc.
Last edited by Harest on Dec 12, 2019, 10:55:05 AM
Hows the skilltree now compared to the 3.8 one, since we need more penetration?
Could you update the skilltree abit in order to fit better into 3.9? Or no changes needed? Just got abit confused about this

Version history (3.8-3.9) :
3.9 Note : Not much changed for the build. Only that bosses now have 10% more elemental resistance so Fire Penetration Support gem won't cover it all alone. And for the leveling, Stormblast Mine got nerfed, should still be fine though.
"
Pjey wrote:
... [see above]
Cf. changelog skilltree didn't change. And checking it for a sec i forgot we had 10% pen in there. So you'll be completely fine. If you want the last 3%, you'd want an awakened gem.
I updated the note.
Last edited by Harest on Dec 12, 2019, 11:59:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info