[3.13] Saboteur Pyroclast Mine Crit - Cheap, SSF friendly

"
Joybringer75 wrote:
Haven't tried yet Minefield but the huge reduced throwing speed my not fit my playstyle, not sure if i will like it. Will tell you tomorrow...:-)
Yep. I think it's... a trap. Though i don't understand how Minefield is currently faster than throwing mines without it (cf. this GSheet).
"
n3urosx wrote:
Honestly I might replace it for bosses or something but I really hate how minefield works and I just replaced it entirely with Swift Assembly. It just feels smoother overall and the DPS is still more than enough so far into maps
Same, though i'm not into maps yet.
Last edited by Harest on Sep 7, 2019, 6:17:06 PM
Got a 5 link and added Minefield and Swift Assembly, just finished act 5. This is my 6 or 7 char I play in POE and I have never had the feeling, damage is so over the top in early game, it's just insane. And I have totally crappy gear not even a lab I did up to know.

Coming to Minefield it is somehow weird: Throwing out the 5 mines faster than without minefield but then it is interrupted till another 5 mines go out; seemed in the beginning somehow clanky but the when all the explosions go of, everything is destroyed. And I really feel, the Aoe is more than good, have absolutely no issue yet.

Using at the moment 2 daggers with total global crit strike of 70%; leveling is just insane with this char, I really like it and I am very curious how this char will perform in endgame and mapping.
Last edited by Joybringer75 on Sep 7, 2019, 6:57:33 PM
As i level Only act 8, im torn between ice mine and pyro, Ice has AMAZING SUPER clear and pyro just smash anything in one spot.

currently running both in 4 links since while i clear i can use ice and when i want to one shot a boss or something hard i just bust out pyro.
I’m running pyroclast, controlled destruction, charged mines, swift assembly, combustion. Running three dragons so I can shock with em. 5kehp 42%crit into t6 maps now. Everything is a piece of cake
Arc mines feel much better than Stormblast Mine for levelling, I recommend switching asap when possible, or at least to the ice mine.
"
Joybringer75 wrote:
Got a 5 link and added Minefield and Swift Assembly, just finished act 5. This is my 6 or 7 char I play in POE and I have never had the feeling, damage is so over the top in early game, it's just insane. And I have totally crappy gear not even a lab I did up to know.

Coming to Minefield it is somehow weird: Throwing out the 5 mines faster than without minefield but then it is interrupted till another 5 mines go out; seemed in the beginning somehow clanky but the when all the explosions go of, everything is destroyed. And I really feel, the Aoe is more than good, have absolutely no issue yet.

Using at the moment 2 daggers with total global crit strike of 70%; leveling is just insane with this char, I really like it and I am very curious how this char will perform in endgame and mapping.

Try to avoid having both SA and Minefield on, Minefield reduces the usefulness of SA by a lot. Just look at it as a free spot for another gem.
"
Penetros wrote:

Try to avoid having both SA and Minefield on, Minefield reduces the usefulness of SA by a lot. Just look at it as a free spot for another gem.

Yes thx, I will swap out the mines support for charged mine support soon, believe the potential with frenzy / power charges is quite potential. Also will increase your crit chance and throwing speed

Act 7 now, leveling is still a breeze with this build
Last edited by Joybringer75 on Sep 8, 2019, 4:24:37 AM
just entered maps and i m slightly worried about the defenses. I mean, I dont even have my resistances and decent life from my gear, so thats that but I am worried about the general defenses later on.

Can anyone elaborate what are the layers of defenses we can integrate into this build with not too much effort?

cuz the dps is massive even without any secondary spells, all i m using is a 4L Pyroclast and it melts most of the things. AoE could be slightly higher but that can be fixed I think.
"
eshwar007 wrote:
just entered maps and i m slightly worried about the defenses. I mean, I dont even have my resistances and decent life from my gear, so thats that but I am worried about the general defenses later on.

Can anyone elaborate what are the layers of defenses we can integrate into this build with not too much effort?

cuz the dps is massive even without any secondary spells, all i m using is a 4L Pyroclast and it melts most of the things. AoE could be slightly higher but that can be fixed I think.

1) I took movement skill (leap slam, shield charge, whirlwind blades) depending on weapon setup linked with faster attacks and fortify (Gives you 20% phys damage reduction)

2) Cast when damage taken with steelskin setup

3) Tree wise I am not sure if i try out acrobatics / phase acrobatics, but this will help your survivability probably quite a bit, but not really sure how it will work out. Also need to check mind over matter note if this is worth taking, but need to test first.

4) Enfeeble / Curse on hit / Summon lightning golem (Or any other attack skill) will help reducing enemies attack / spell damage

5) Ascendancy: Pyromanic will help you to get life back if you drop and "Born in the Shadows" will blind enemies to reduce incoming damage as well (But I suppose this note you have already taken)
What about skitterbots guys? any1 play with it? any profit?
Last edited by ginbl4 on Sep 8, 2019, 6:23:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info