[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Tides5 wrote:
Ah yeah that all makes sense. I suppose Unnerve and Hinder is the "Go-to" eldritch on gloves for us then :)

i mean....theyll all be frozen so would hinder even do anything? =P

on a serious note: please dont do hinder for gloves. there are so many cold dmg/leech stuff that is way more useful to you

there is exposure on hit, and there is cold dmg leech. i think that is really up to you in the end which way you wanna go with it....but these are WAYYYYY better than hinder

http://www.vhpg.com/poe-eldritch-mods/
search through stuff before you eldritch slam it
One question that I am sure I am just missing something simple. The CWDT is looking to apply 3 different curses with Ball Lightning (frostbite, elemental weakness and Enfeeble, but I only see +1 curse in the tree. (From the Occultist node in Ascendency).

Where am I missing the extra +1 curse?

Thanks!
Can anyone tell me why my ball lightings wont apply curses?
im so confused...
"
Ssineraxal wrote:
One question that I am sure I am just missing something simple. The CWDT is looking to apply 3 different curses with Ball Lightning (frostbite, elemental weakness and Enfeeble, but I only see +1 curse in the tree. (From the Occultist node in Ascendency).

Thanks!

You can roll "You can apply an additional curse" - its somewhat rare. i think you get it from corruptions

im having issues getting any of them to apply though..

EDIT: CWDT+Hextouch just started working and i dont know why.
now im more confused. it works but i have no idea what was causing it to not work.
Last edited by Morále on Aug 26, 2022, 11:09:01 AM
Hi, i would love to try this build in SSF. Is it viable in SSF?
"
sylpharion07 wrote:

I dont see why not. the only thing thats really "required" is the weapon.
You can get through leveling and lower maps without having the other uniques.

The nerf to targeted crafting might make some things a bit harder to get the desired rolls, but still doable.

Also depends on what your goals are
"
Ssineraxal wrote:

Thanks!

its whispers of doom right next to CI node

you dont do it til higher levels when you eventually will min-max it all
not everyone gets lucky with the 6 links right away for the curses, so that may have just been a minor oversight (or you didnt look at the end game POB)

"
Morále wrote:

EDIT: CWDT+Hextouch just started working and i dont know why.
now im more confused. it works but i have no idea what was causing it to not work.

your ball lightning level needs to stay level 1. if its not, then that might be the issue -> level needs to be below CWDT. hextouch can be whatever level. and the curses can be whatever level, but BallLight must stay below CWDT
yours is level 2 and i know its still below CWDT, but try it at level 1

also check your mana....you still need some mana for CWDT

"
sylpharion07 wrote:

personally i would not do SSF until things get squared away with drops and Arch Nem....i had to buy the staff and i leveled past 40 with freezing pulse hoping it would "drop"

i didnt have any cards drop during campaign while leveling the character, nor any uniques. its gonna be a tough time for SSF

you might enjoy it more with trade, and then just go about playing SSF style as you progress
Last edited by sekushiiandee on Aug 26, 2022, 6:31:55 PM
ball lightning started working at lvl 2 this morning - though i did change it back to level 1 because... well leveling it is useless.

im just not sure why it didnt work, and thats what was so confusing.
looking at the requirements for hextouch it should have been working.

unless theres some oddly hidden reason why it wouldnt work that i can only learn from reading the wiki front to back.

but it works now! build is a ton of fun. though going CI with only 2.4k shield is scary. still havent yet.
"
Morále wrote:
ball lightning started working at lvl 2 this morning - though i did change it back to level 1 because... well leveling it is useless.

im just not sure why it didnt work, and thats what was so confusing.
looking at the requirements for hextouch it should have been working.

unless theres some oddly hidden reason why it wouldnt work that i can only learn from reading the wiki front to back.

but it works now! build is a ton of fun. though going CI with only 2.4k shield is scary. still havent yet.

maybe its the level of your hextouch? im not sure.....sorry i forgot ball light can actually go up to lv 4 i believe and still work just fine

might be some weird thing about hextouch being higher level req than curse gems? or within a certain level range?

do you have enough mana to cast ball lightning??? which is in part why it should be kept at lvl 1

i just searched up some new rings that you could also buy to upgrade your stuff

two-stone rings that have 50 dex and/or 40-50 int that will hell you as well as max energy shield

and some have open suffixes to slam more res if you need.

i would recommend you shop around

there are also some 100 ES sorc gloves with 50 int that are worth 2-3 chaos

also 15c max cyclop coil before catalysts

theres plenty of upgrades you can make if you are willing to spend the currency
Last edited by sekushiiandee on Aug 26, 2022, 6:41:15 PM
edit - nevermind ignore this I must have done something wrong in PoB
Last edited by shujaa on Aug 27, 2022, 4:41:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info