[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
MJHeemeyer wrote:
Even more AoE than WoC?

that i cannot answer properly as i know eventually we will use phantasmal wave of conviction for the purpose of cold exposure...though that is more of a 20q and you purposefully casting it (or CWDT) to apply cold exposure

i think in over for wave of conviction to travel further, you would need to mess with its skill effect duration....which you wont be able to because of phantasmal

so ball lightning probably ends up being the furthest and biggest aoe reach for curse application
Last edited by sekushiiandee on Aug 23, 2022, 2:32:47 AM
Hi, this is my first time playing this build and I love it <3
But since I took CI at Lvl 58 (after the leech nodes) I'm dying sometimes really fast. Am i doing something wrong?
"
Karaliah wrote:
But since I took CI at Lvl 58 (after the leech nodes) I'm dying sometimes really fast. Am i doing something wrong?

Can't answer if we can't see your character. What's your ES and int? Do you have a flask to remove corrupting blood?
Why is Cast while Channeling supposed to be lvl 15-16 with no quality?

I see it in the guide, but can't find any explanation.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
Why is Cast while Channeling supposed to be lvl 15-16 with no quality?

I see it in the guide, but can't find any explanation.

Go to the "Sockets and Links" section of the guide and read under the weapon description. There is a link to a post in this thread as to why we only want it lvl 15 or 16.
i gotta say, with the new rings and amulets we got a nice possible int buff for this build.

if anything would drop.
"
Zuuule wrote:
Go to the "Sockets and Links" section of the guide and read under the weapon description. There is a link to a post in this thread as to why we only want it lvl 15 or 16.

Aww, I was looking hard for it and missed it! Thank you :)

EDIT: Quality increases damage of both the channeled skill (Cyclone, we don't care) and the triggered spell (Icestorm - we do care, right?) So 15/20 seems to be in order.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Aug 24, 2022, 10:28:01 AM
Been wondering. If one is lucky with eldritch currency and gets the one that adds non-damaging ailments spread to nearby enemies, on gloves.. Wouldn't that enable me to swap the elemental proliferation with a more damage oriented support gem?
"
Karaliah wrote:

basic stuff that i see from your character, you need more int. also you didn't have to rush into CI right at 58 if it didn't feel good. you can just refund so you can get through the campaign til you get better gear.

also you are moving around right? AN is so rippy that even I can't facetank stuff with WI. i had to take a break with the char and level something else til they fix the balance issues.

"
Jadran wrote:

EDIT: Quality increases damage of both the channeled skill (Cyclone, we don't care) and the triggered spell (Icestorm - we do care, right?) So 15/20 seems to be in order.

i think kel left out the quality part thinking that eventually you will switch to the awakened CwC....correct me if I am wrong. but for the purposes of min-maxing it until then, i would definitely 20q it if you have the currency (you can't take the level 20 and 20q route as it would take too much time and kill the cast maximization purpose...unless you leveled a separate CwC on the side for kicks and giggles for 20q)

"
Tides5 wrote:
Been wondering. If one is lucky with eldritch currency and gets the one that adds non-damaging ailments spread to nearby enemies, on gloves.. Wouldn't that enable me to swap the elemental proliferation with a more damage oriented support gem?

eventually you wil use divergent elemental proliferation....so i would not recommend dropping that just yet

"Supported Skills deal 1% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments per Freeze, Shock or Ignite on Enemy"

keeping divergent elemental prolifer will basically keep everyone on freeze and the dmg increase IMO

also with the freeze spread slot....it might be better to just get unnerve on hit -> "Unnerve is a debuff that causes affected targets to take 10% increased spell damage."
Ah yeah that all makes sense. I suppose Unnerve and Hinder is the "Go-to" eldritch on gloves for us then :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info