[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

If the ice storm has less area effect, does it mean the falling icicles are getting closer to each other too, so it would hit single target better or worse?
"
Teebeeborg wrote:
If the ice storm has less area effect, does it mean the falling icicles are getting closer to each other too, so it would hit single target better or worse?

its a better dps againts bosses
"
phantom_god wrote:
with all the respect the new bosses are not a good exemple since they are standing still

You are not focusing on the brand new content?? Well, if you intend to ignore it and farm Sirus - nothing stops you from using the CwC setup. It just takes longer and more expensive to get to the same level of damage.

For me, self-casting has been excellent against most bosses and Archnemesis rares. Even things like Hydra can be done with it. Self-casting doesn't mean you are going to stand still 100% of the time. You can adjust your position with Frostblink to dodge the nasty stuff. It's instant and doesn't disrupt your casting at all. So far the only boss that 1-shot me for not constantly moving was Baran. I haven't seen Sirus yet, but I suspect that he's actually going to be easy with self-cast. Not having to get on top of him should be a plus (X-beam phase, and starting to damage him faster after he moves).

"
and 1 more thing i tried selfcast and inspiration is just bad u cant get the stacks cus u keep wasteing a lot of mana removeing the stacks.and without a good amount of cast speed it just feels bad but to ea their own i guess

Actually, Inspiration uptime does not depend on the cast time. With CwC you gain stacks faster but also reset them more often. With self-cast you gain them slower but it takes longer to reach the reset point. Either way you have full Inspiration stacks the same % of the time.
Ok a quick update with my current gear (which isn't that crazy to be honest).
Since I started self casting the build is 100% the most OP shit in the game relative to investment.

All the following bosses were done while being watched by maven.

Uber Elder - Melted, takes half a second to phase Shaper and Elder between phases, can tank everything, deathless.

Maven - Can tank everything with storms stacked, killed multiple times, deathless.

Shaper - the most annoying one since he moves so much, and gets hectic with 3 of them thanks to maven, but also easy with this build, can tank shaper beam.

Sirus - can tank everything even with the CwC setup.

All new bosses are a joke so I'm not gonna even mention them individually but they die very very quickly, you can tank every single ability they have.

I will say the damage is absolutely busted with the self cast and Kelvyn deserves mad props for this build, after the storm cap nerf you'd expect Ice Storm to die, but he really keeps bringing it back just as strong.

If we can find a way to make the self cast cast speed a BIT faster without investing too much it will be an absolute monster and will make dying impossible.

Thanks a lot for the build Kelvynn and apologies for the premature lack of single target claim.

Bonus jewel drop which I hope is worth something:
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Feb 11, 2022, 7:50:30 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
vbvan wrote:
Are there some tips on fighting Maven using this build?

I guess I need to learn the fight (I'm not sure exactly when the memory game starts) given that it is now a gate to end game content (I play SSF).

Video: AL9 Maven

You do need to learn the basic mechanics of the fight.

Maven phase: stay near her so that she doesn't use Cascade of Pain. Dodge the Laser Rake. When the Nexus shoots the 3 balls that chase you, park them on the outside of the ring.

Nexus phase: go to the side areas that open for this phase and avoid the explosion. Then get near the Nexus. The rotating laser beams will point at the side areas, so be on a different side. Stay near the Nexus and move slowly around as it rotates. If you touch the laser beams you cannot regain ES for 10 sec and have to just avoid all damage until the purple debuff disappears.

Memory game: go to the top side, you can see all 3 sectors from there. The first sequence is only 3 long, easy. After that it's 6 long. Assign the numbers 1 2 3 to the 3 sectors in your mind, and memorize them in pairs as they flash purple. It's hard to remember 6 numbers, but easy 3 pairs of 2. For example: 1-2 3-1 3-1.

Final phase: dodge the rotating lasers, they give the purple debuff. You can Frostblink or Flame Dash through the lasers. Chase the Maven as she teleports around. For the Memory Game, go to the right side and then move as the beams rotate. You'll be on the top side while the sequence is playing, to see all 3 sectors.

Thank you, Kelvynn!

I failed my first attempt because I became panic when hit by the beam and lost the ES leech/regen in the last phase. It is much smoother the second time :-).
I'm runing a self-cast setup with:

Awakened Elemental Focus + Concentrated Effect + Intensity + Inspiration + Awakened Cold Penetration + Faster Casting

Not running Controlled destroction, because it negates the Elemental Overload proc. And i'm not using Arcane surge because its linked on my gloves with vortex, that alerdy keep it 100% uptime.

So i choose Awakened Cold Penetration for damage, and Faster Casting so its easy to deal with moving bosses.

I did all endgame content and melting all bosses faster than my friends with other strong builds.

I do not run cast on damage taken setup, and i'm running 2 curses as aura for now to help the clear speed on maps.

It's going very well, maybe this setup can help you guys too!
Last edited by whiterockxx on Feb 12, 2022, 1:48:01 AM
BTW, does anyone know where the 128 points atlas passive points are from?

I only find 127 points. 117 from maps, 6 from Maven invitations and 4 from the void stones.
well in good gear yeah selfcast annihilate bosses, hope we don't get nerfed due to it xD
and for selfcasting vs bosses and if not lazy mb its' better to equip normal boots with more ES and int, for more surv and dmg) yeah -1 annoint but 1k+ ES and ~200int(boots with 5% int) compensate it i think
Last edited by archwerewolf on Feb 12, 2022, 3:16:09 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
phantom_god wrote:
with all the respect the new bosses are not a good exemple since they are standing still

You are not focusing on the brand new content?? Well, if you intend to ignore it and farm Sirus - nothing stops you from using the CwC setup. It just takes longer and more expensive to get to the same level of damage.

For me, self-casting has been excellent against most bosses and Archnemesis rares. Even things like Hydra can be done with it. Self-casting doesn't mean you are going to stand still 100% of the time. You can adjust your position with Frostblink to dodge the nasty stuff. It's instant and doesn't disrupt your casting at all. So far the only boss that 1-shot me for not constantly moving was Baran. I haven't seen Sirus yet, but I suspect that he's actually going to be easy with self-cast. Not having to get on top of him should be a plus (X-beam phase, and starting to damage him faster after he moves).

"
and 1 more thing i tried selfcast and inspiration is just bad u cant get the stacks cus u keep wasteing a lot of mana removeing the stacks.and without a good amount of cast speed it just feels bad but to ea their own i guess

Actually, Inspiration uptime does not depend on the cast time. With CwC you gain stacks faster but also reset them more often. With self-cast you gain them slower but it takes longer to reach the reset point. Either way you have full Inspiration stacks the same % of the time.

i must be missing something cus i didnt reach a secon inspartion stack with selfcast and it took me 40min to stack 5 storms cus the castspeed was so slow i will give it another shot i guess

and what do you think about 1 more ascend i was thinkiking about elementlist for the -20 exposure or the guardian for a small reduce phys/big regen every 4sec
Last edited by phantom_god on Feb 12, 2022, 4:55:12 AM
"
whiterockxx wrote:
I'm runing a self-cast setup with:

Awakened Elemental Focus + Concentrated Effect + Intensity + Inspiration + Awakened Cold Penetration + Faster Casting

Not running Controlled destroction, because it negates the Elemental Overload proc. And i'm not using Arcane surge because its linked on my gloves with vortex, that alerdy keep it 100% uptime.

So i choose Awakened Cold Penetration for damage, and Faster Casting so its easy to deal with moving bosses.

I did all endgame content and melting all bosses faster than my friends with other strong builds.

I do not run cast on damage taken setup, and i'm running 2 curses as aura for now to help the clear speed on maps.

It's going very well, maybe this setup can help you guys too!

wow your gear is really good for the time in league. The best is your watchers eye. How much was it. Its soooo good. only the clayrity one will be better.

Why do you choose energy leech in your cwc staff ???
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Feb 12, 2022, 4:07:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info