[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Week 1 update

The build works just fine in 3.17. It's tankier than ever, even with cheap items. I have not felt the lack of damage yet. It feels just like the first week of the previous two leagues.

I had a better luck in this league and dropped a 6 ex item on day 4. It let me buy a Watcher's Eye early and switch to the cluster version with cheap jewels.

2100 Int and 8k ES so far. Two curses, 5L chest. All my gear is cheap, nothing good yet. A long way to go there.

Learning the new Atlas stuff. Just finished all maps today except Vinktar and Doryani. On the new tree I specced into my favorite mechanics (Expedition and Betrayal), with some extra map drops, Harbingers and quantity. And the new endgame: Maven, Eater, Exarch. Map sustain looks fine. Currency is fine. Found a ton of chaos orbs and 0 exalts - PoE as usual. But my bro Tujen hooked me up with a couple of ex already, and I sold a bunch of logbooks. Expedition is LOVE.

Archnemesis league mechanic is only good at the start, to get a Tabula for leveling and some low currency. In red maps it feels like a waste of time. I'll probably stop bothering with it after combining all recipes for the challenges.

The new bosses are total pushovers, at least for this build. I knew nothing about them and didn't want to watch any spoilers before trying them. 1-shot the minis with the CwC setup and even got the challenges because they didn't live long enough to do their mechanics.

The big ones took 1 death each as I learned that each of them has a 1-shot mechanic that has to be avoided. The fire guy has an AoE death explosion that he announces as "Incineration". And a phase where you frostblink thru some moving magma balls. The lightning guy pops a bunch of shiny balls and the Maven tells you to light them up. You step on each of them and they light up to cancel an AoE death explosion. Stay away from green dirt balls, they have some degen debuff. Everything else can be easily facetanked. The experimental self-cast single target setup is perfect for these guys.

New video: The Eldritch Bosses

Does it look like "zero dps"? Do I need more damage? Maybe for the Maven? I don't target her in the first week of a new league. Normally I wouldn't even bother trying her without at least 2.5k Int and 3 curses. With the self-cast setup I just might. But not today.

Added the self-cast setup to the Links section, for those who want to experiment.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 11, 2022, 5:16:35 AM
Harvest craft is soooo good.

Got this chest tody with reroll prefixes. I love the sacret groove more then tujen who ignores me and give me only crap deals. :-)

Build is fine. Never come so far in one week of a league, as i could play a lot the firest days. And then you can get the jewels and so much cheaper.

This is the chest for now. Have another with inc int and try to get a free suffix for inc att.

But for week one in a league i am really happy with it :-)
Testing self-cast Ice Storm and it's pretty nice!
My gear is far from ideal, but there is a video of maven minotaur with extra damage mods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD11Dxkp644
I'm going to say I was 100% wrong here, the reason is I did NOT self cast to single target and let me tell you Kelvyn is right and that is the way, Maven deathless, tank everything and damage is really good.
Ok i tried selfcast and it works :-)

I did a failure in a t15 map with choosing boss had cons ground and didnd enought dmg with cyclone, as he heals faster as i can dmg him.

Then i bought the gems for selfcast and tryed it. I saw the whole time me dying as it last really long to get the storms up, but the es is like the good old days like pingpong near zero and full, and i survived.

And i got him down like candy. So yes the selfcast is the way to kill non moving bosses. :-)

and it droped a funny chest and a orb of influence.

Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Feb 11, 2022, 11:00:24 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Week 1 update

The build works just fine in 3.17. It's tankier than ever, even with cheap items. I have not felt the lack of damage yet. It feels just like the first week of the previous two leagues.

I had a better luck in this league and dropped a 6 ex item on day 4. It let me buy a Watcher's Eye early and switch to the cluster version with cheap jewels.

2100 Int and 8k ES so far. Two curses, 5L chest. All my gear is cheap, nothing good yet. A long way to go there.

Learning the new Atlas stuff. Just finished all maps today except Vinktar and Doryani. On the new tree I specced into my favorite mechanics (Expedition and Betrayal), with some extra map drops, Harbingers and quantity. And the new endgame: Maven, Eater, Exarch. Map sustain looks fine. Currency is fine. Found a ton of chaos orbs and 0 exalts - PoE as usual. But my bro Tujen hooked me up with a couple of ex already, and I sold a bunch of logbooks. Expedition is LOVE.

Archnemesis league mechanic is only good at the start, to get a Tabula for leveling and some low currency. In red maps it feels like a waste of time. I'll probably stop bothering with it after combining all recipes for the challenges.

The new bosses are total pushovers, at least for this build. I knew nothing about them and didn't want to watch any spoilers before trying them. 1-shot the minis with the CwC setup and even got the challenges because they didn't live long enough to do their mechanics.

The big ones took 1 death each as I learned that each of them has a 1-shot mechanic that has to be avoided. The fire guy has an AoE death explosion that he announces as "Incineration". And a phase where you frostblink thru some moving magma balls. The lightning guy pops a bunch of shiny balls and the Maven tells you to light them up. You step on each of them and they light up to cancel an AoE death explosion. Stay away from green dirt balls, they have some degen debuff. Everything else can be easily facetanked. The experimental self-cast single target setup is perfect for these guys.

New video: The Eldritch Bosses

Does it look like "zero dps"? Do I need more damage? Maybe for the Maven? I don't target her in the first week of a new league. Normally I wouldn't even bother trying her without at least 2.5k Int and 3 curses. With the self-cast setup I just might. But not today.

Added the self-cast setup to the Links section, for those who want to experiment.

with all the respect the new bosses are not a good exemple since they are standing still

but i allways say the build is fine and u cant expect a very tanky build who face tank everything to be a shit load of dmg like other builds

as long as the boss doesnt move 2 much it has a very nice dmg

and 1 more thing i tried selfcast and inspiration is just bad u cant get the stacks cus u keep wasteing a lot of mana removeing the stacks.and without a good amount of cast speed it just feels bad but to ea their own i guess
Last edited by phantom_god on Feb 11, 2022, 12:45:46 PM

Crafted this chest today. T1 flat and T1 hybrid ES. Spent around 7-8 exalts on reforges, but i'm still happy with the result. Any advice how to add some useful prefix? I'm considering closing my eyes and slappin an exalt in it :<
I can confirm if you switch to self casting, you basically have 7 link icestorm and it triples your DPS. According to my POB and basic Icestorm calc, I go from 2.7 to 8.1M DPS. The tradeoff is less survivability for obvious reasons (less movement) but it's a much more comfortable boss clear. A CwC cyclone weapon swap is more than fine for normal mapping.
Greetings.
Last edited by klorin2 on Feb 11, 2022, 1:37:02 PM
tip for sustaing intensify stacks, use frostblink, it wont reset them
"
klorin2 wrote:
I can confirm if you switch to self casting, you basically have 7 link icestorm and it triples your DPS. According to my POB and basic Icestorm calc, I go from 2.7 to 8.1M DPS. The tradeoff is less survivability for obvious reasons (less movement) but it's a much more comfortable boss clear. A CwC cyclone weapon swap is more than fine for normal mapping.

Really no need to move at all you just tank it all beside actual one shot mechanics.

I tank Maven's cascade of pain, Sirus uber die beam, shaper shaper slam etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info