[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Howdy!

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this guide - I've been having a blast with this build so far in Siege of the Atlas after trying it for the first time!

I do think there are some new possibilities for the build with the new eldritch modifiers. With how the setup works, it's possible to get two onto the gloves and they have some interesting potential synergies.

For example: for the Eater of Worlds, you could craft on up to an additional 7-17% maximum energy shield (or if you want it just for bosses, up to 29%). Or for more DPS, you can snag Chance to Hinder on Hit with spells, and then lab belt craft 'Enemies have 50% reduced life regen while hindered by you' for a strong anti-regen bonus.

For the Searing Exarch, there's several interesting possibilities as well. Most of them seem to be damage based, though (several modifiers to cold-based spell damage, for example)

I got 15% chance to unnerve enemies for 4 seconds on hit and %inc dmg per 100 int on my gloves. That seems pretty good like.

A shame that we can't give influenced items eldritch implicits. Missing out on %inc intelligence on body armour and helm isn't ideal for this build, so we'd need pretty powerful implicits to offset the int loss. Dunno if there are even ones worth taking over %inc int.

Last edited by Ridman on Feb 12, 2022, 2:27:09 PM
"

wow your gear is really good for the time in league. The best is your watchers eye. How much was it. Its soooo good. only the clayrity one will be better.

Why do you choose energy leech in your cwc staff ???

Since my arcane surge is on my gloves, i choose between Awkned cold pen and leech... i have no problems with lack of dmg... so i choose leech... if i dont take a hit kill, i never die.

I paid 9ex for the watcher's eye yesterday.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
whiterockxx wrote:
And i'm not using Arcane surge because its linked on my gloves with vortex, that alerdy keep it 100% uptime.

You lose more than half of its effect that way. AS gives you two buffs that stack multiplicatively. It's essentially two support gems in one. But one of them empowers only the skill directly supported by it.

I dont know... maybe it dosnt work like i tought, but:

Arcane Surge lvl 20 = +20% overall dmg and + 19% direct for ice storm, so its +39% dmg total.

Arcane surge lvl 11 = +15% overall dmg, and Awknd Cold Pen lvl 1 = -35% monster res, and i understand that it gives you more damage then Arcane surge alone can provide.

This weekend i'll not be playing, but i'll test during the week and post the results.
Last edited by whiterockxx on Feb 12, 2022, 2:49:00 PM
So I've made a few filters to keep an eye on Cluster Jewels while I level to 99. Is Cold to the Core the primary attribute we're looking for on most of them lie the Megalomaniac and rares? Also, what's the primary attribute we need on the Watcher's Eye?
"
whiterockxx wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
whiterockxx wrote:
And i'm not using Arcane surge because its linked on my gloves with vortex, that alerdy keep it 100% uptime.

You lose more than half of its effect that way. AS gives you two buffs that stack multiplicatively. It's essentially two support gems in one. But one of them empowers only the skill directly supported by it.

I dont know... maybe it dosnt work like i tought, but:

Arcane Surge lvl 20 = +20% overall dmg and + 19% direct for ice storm, so its +39% dmg total.

Arcane surge lvl 11 = +15% overall dmg, and Awknd Cold Pen lvl 1 = -35% monster res, and i understand that it gives you more damage then Arcane surge alone can provide.

This weekend i'll not be playing, but i'll test during the week and post the results.

I managed to test today both variants.. Follow the results:

Setup 1: Arcane Surge lvl 21 + Intensify + Inspiration + Awknd Ele Focus + Conc Effect + Faster Casting;

Setup 2: Awknd Cold Pen Lvl 1 + Intensify + Inspiration + Awknd Ele Focus + Conc Effect + Faster Casting + (running Arcane surge lvl 11 on vortex link);

My test was made on White Maze of Minotaur Map:

With Setup 1 took me 15.75 secs to take down the Minotaur;

With Setup 2 took me 15.05 secs to take donw the Minotaur;

So we can consider it a technical draw.

There are 2 aspects to consider:

• The damage on guardians seems to be the same; - Draw
• The awakened cold pen on test is lvl 1, and it can goes up to 6; +1 to ACP
• With ACP the damage on end bosses like sirius/maven/feared with higher cold res could be better than AS; +1 ACP
• With Arcane Surge we save 1 gem slot; +1 to AS
• With ACP lvl 5 we need 126 DEX and it can be a problem without Astramants; -1 ACP

Conclusion:

Awakened Cold Penetration seems to be the best choice for damage and the Arcane Surge a Solid/Conservatory choice.

With Awakened Cold Penetration the build could be more expenseve, since you'll need extra DEX.

With Arcane Surge the build keep simple to fit itens, since no need to worry with DEX.

For now i'll keep Awakened Cold Penetration, but lets see what will happen when i change my amulet!
keep in mind your missing 2 blanketed snow that gives u 16% cold pen
"
phantom_god wrote:

Using 2x Cold to the Core + Prismatic + Widespred Destroction Large cluster instead Cold to the Core + Blanketed Snow, saves 4 skill points that can be used somewhere else like adding a megalomaniac and cap resists before reach lvl 100 or get perfect items, its just temporary...
Hey guys. Unfortunately I only have access to mobile and console thus I don't have access to PoB. The closest I could do is download an app called POEmate which has issues with loading pasted links. I could load some of the tree but some things like masteries are completly missing.

Could anyone please tell me what masteries I should spend the passive points on?
"
Teebeeborg wrote:

Could anyone please tell me what masteries I should spend the passive points on?

Leech mastery - 30% increased max total ES recovery
ES mastery - 3% of mana as ES
Staff mastery - 30% global defences
Caster mastery - 1% spell damage per 16 int
Attributes mastery - 5% inc attributes

Optional:
Mana mastery - 5 mana per sec with arcane surge
Reservation mastery - 15% inc reservation efficiency
"
whiterockxx wrote:
"
phantom_god wrote:

Using 2x Cold to the Core + Prismatic + Widespred Destroction Large cluster instead Cold to the Core + Blanketed Snow, saves 4 skill points that can be used somewhere else like adding a megalomaniac and cap resists before reach lvl 100 or get perfect items, its just temporary...

your missing the point bra

the fact ur missing 16% cold pen makes ur cold pen gem worth a lot more dps wise

some 1 else who runs 2 blankent snow will get less value from the cold pen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info