[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule wrote:
So I have a tier 3 corruption altar in the temple. What do you folks suggest I should corrupt to sell for currency?

Normally, I corrupt 18% cyclopean coils as I have done in previous leagues, with terribly bad luck so far.

I'm aware I can sell these altars for currency, but I don't want to be accused of scamming should an item go poof.

Corrupt coils or try corrupting brute force/fertile mind with perfect +24 roll, if you hit 1% mana reserve and some other userfull stat like some status immunity or ele pen or even corrupted blood i willbuy it for 3-6ex depending on what is the second corruption besides 1% mana ;)
"
damokt wrote:
Might be a dumb question, but is it realistic to try and play this in SSF?
I am still rather new to the game and looking for a guide to follow. However almost every guide I come across depends on me having this or that unique item.
I greatly enjoy SSF and don't want to play the game any other way. Is there any way I can level and play this without using the staff, at least until I get lucky enough to find it myself? Or is the staff a hard deal breaker for this to work?

This works fine for ssf just harder to min/max obviously. :)
How about the t3 gem corruption room? I have the temple ready to run but I have no clue what gem to corrupt.
When do you guys swap to Hatred generally / what is needed to make it worth it over skitter / spider?
"
Sylph027 wrote:
When do you guys swap to Hatred generally / what is needed to make it worth it over skitter / spider?

I've never used skitter or spider and have just been running hatred.

My goal now is hatred + arctic armor + aspect of the spider + discipline (then try to squeeze zealotry in there with a LVL 4 enlighten when I get one)

Check out my gear ....I am loving how arctic armor feels with 50% freeze on everybody in a 12 radius. Even if it's only for .35s it's still survivability.

Swapped up my tree a bit too so I could pick up all mana reserve reduction nodes (30% total) then whatever implicit jewels I have so far (2% reduced in jewels) totalling 32% reduction for all auras and a further 30% reduction of arctic armor from my helm enchant.

Goal now is lvl4 enlighten to make it all come together.
Last edited by Hemzokuken on Oct 1, 2020, 11:20:23 PM
Ok guys i've done it!!! Feels so damn good.

I'm running 5 auras with decent dps.

Aspect of the spider
Discipline
Hatred
Zealotry
Arctic Armour

I have 56k Dps on my toolbar for IceStorm which is plenty but have huge defensive layers using alternate Arctic armour with 50% quality.

10k ES
3.1k int

Feel free to have a look at my tree and let me know what you think. :)
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
Chance to freeze using alternate gems

Arctic armor - 20% chance to freeze
Frost bomb - 10% chance to freeze
Herald of ice - 10% chance to freeze
Cold penetration support - 10% chance to freeze
Controlled destruction support - 10% chance to freeze
Hypothermia support - 20% chance to freeze chilled targets

That's 80% chance to freeze....(can get that to 100% if you use a unique ring that makes arctic armour 50% quality)

Alternate hatred increases freeze duration by 20%

AA is a chance to freezes enemies that hit you.
Frost Bomb is a chance to freeze with the Frost Bomb explosion.

So those 2 are not useful here. But the rest sound interesting. I don't remember all the changes to the freeze mechanic that happened lately, and how the chance to freeze actually works. It may still require doing some minimal % hp damage which would be problematic against bosses. Freezing and exploding trash would be fun anyway.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
Chance to freeze using alternate gems

Arctic armor - 20% chance to freeze
Frost bomb - 10% chance to freeze
Herald of ice - 10% chance to freeze
Cold penetration support - 10% chance to freeze
Controlled destruction support - 10% chance to freeze
Hypothermia support - 20% chance to freeze chilled targets

That's 80% chance to freeze....(can get that to 100% if you use a unique ring that makes arctic armour 50% quality)

Alternate hatred increases freeze duration by 20%

So those 2 are not useful here. But the rest sound interesting. I don't remember all the changes to the freeze mechanic that happened lately, and how the chance to freeze actually works. It may still require doing some minimal % hp damage which would be problematic against bosses. Freezing and exploding trash would be fun anyway.

Yeah I was just excited...I'm definitely at 50% chance to freeze though. At the loss of a ring.

The whole point of Arctic Armour is to be hit and freeze everything in a 12 radius with Blast-Freeze large cluster notable (Basically makes arctic armour linked with elemental proliferation and anything else that freezes)
Last edited by Hemzokuken on Oct 2, 2020, 1:34:47 AM
In the meantime, I found the limit how far the classic version can go on a small budget (~5 ex, 2300 Int, 8700 ES). That limit is Sirus AL7. It wasn't too bad, although not entirely comfortable.

However, Sirus AL8 is a totally different animal. Starting the final phase with 75% hp means it takes WAY too long as he keeps doing those X-beam and clone circle mechanics, and he has way too many chances to 1-shot you. I never tried him with such a low budget before, so it was an interesting experience, for the science.

Time to upgrade!
"
Kelvynn wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the duration of a hit based freeze is based on %HP damage, so would be crap. That's what makes the alt Arctic Armor interesting. 350ms freeze on anything not immune to freezing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info