[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Breken wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

AA is a chance to freezes enemies that hit you.
Frost Bomb is a chance to freeze with the Frost Bomb explosion.

So those 2 are not useful here. But the rest sound interesting. I don't remember all the changes to the freeze mechanic that happened lately, and how the chance to freeze actually works. It may still require doing some minimal % hp damage which would be problematic against bosses. Freezing and exploding trash would be fun anyway.

I'm pretty sure that the duration of a hit based freeze is based on %HP damage, so would be crap. That's what makes the alt Arctic Armor interesting. 350ms freeze on anything not immune to freezing.

Yeah I agree with freeze being HP % bases on everything but AA....AA having a set time is amazing. This aura is a must now imo ;)
I just stood there and everything that hits me gets frozen every hit....because even though it's 50% chance that's on every single hit you take. So one person getting frozen does an aoe freeze to everyone. Love it.
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
Ok guys i've done it!!! Feels so damn good.

I'm running 5 auras with decent dps.

Aspect of the spider
Discipline
Hatred
Zealotry
Arctic Armour

I have 56k Dps on my toolbar for IceStorm which is plenty but have huge defensive layers using alternate Arctic armour with 50% quality.

10k ES
3.1k int

Feel free to have a look at my tree and let me know what you think. :)

Made some adjustments...who knew crusader spelldamage was such a big dps boost on rings.....I honestly think this is a better way to go than 7% synth rings. 1x T1 spelldamage mod boosted my dps 10%.

So sitting at

11k es
3.3k intelligence
65k icestorm tooltip dps

I do need 1 more 1% implicit jewel though because with all 5 auras active I can't use frost blink 😂😂

And I just worked out I can refund 6 passive points if I swap zealotry out for flesh and stone as my 5th aura and become even tankier....damn son.
Last edited by Hemzokuken on Oct 2, 2020, 4:28:37 AM
I am looking for a build solely for deathless A8 sirus-es and came across this one.
How well does this one perform there with a budget?

Also is it possible to play in standard or does it need any league exclusive gear/stuff?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
In the meantime, I found the limit how far the classic version can go on a small budget (~5 ex, 2300 Int, 8700 ES). That limit is Sirus AL7. It wasn't too bad, although not entirely comfortable.

However, Sirus AL8 is a totally different animal. Starting the final phase with 75% hp means it takes WAY too long as he keeps doing those X-beam and clone circle mechanics, and he has way too many chances to 1-shot you. I never tried him with such a low budget before, so it was an interesting experience, for the science.

Time to upgrade!

i might be missing something cus i did sirus A5 with 9.2kes and 2900 int and i felt like i am struggling a lot and died twice b4 his last phase then the server dc and i lost the portals

for some 1 who deosnt undersand the tree and all the calc its been really hard to follow this build :s

i am stuck in place for the last 3days trying to think what i should do next

unless some 1 take control and fix the build i might just stop with this build even tho i enjoy it a lot and just move on :s
Last edited by phantom_god on Oct 2, 2020, 6:47:40 AM
"
phantom_god wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
In the meantime, I found the limit how far the classic version can go on a small budget (~5 ex, 2300 Int, 8700 ES). That limit is Sirus AL7. It wasn't too bad, although not entirely comfortable.

However, Sirus AL8 is a totally different animal. Starting the final phase with 75% hp means it takes WAY too long as he keeps doing those X-beam and clone circle mechanics, and he has way too many chances to 1-shot you. I never tried him with such a low budget before, so it was an interesting experience, for the science.

Time to upgrade!

i might be missing something cus i did sirus A5 with 9.2kes and 2900 int and i felt like i am struggling a lot and died twice b4 his last phase then the server dc and i lost the portals

for some 1 who deosnt undersand the tree and all the calc its been really hard to follow this build :s

unless some 1 take control and fix the build i might just stop with this build even tho i enjoy it a lot and just move on :s

Start by droping soul thief and the small passive in between and take Heart of Ice and Arcane Focus, Drop light of divinity and take snowforged (which gives +10% to fire and cold), and then if you remain res capped drop Holy dominion and small passives leading to it, with those take the socket jewel to the left of the scion starting point and put brute force there. After this start buying awakened gems (give them 20% quality!), and if you can, start with awakened cold penetration (swap instead of inspiration) (you need 2G4B on your staff for this). The gems are like 1-3ex max ex each, not that expensive and give good dpf buff

"
Akisailent wrote:
"
phantom_god wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Time to upgrade!

Start by droping soul thief and the small passive in between and take Heart of Ice and Arcane Focus, Drop light of divinity and take snowforged (which gives +10% to fire and cold), and then if you remain res capped drop Holy dominion and small passives leading to it, with those take the socket jewel to the left of the scion starting point and put brute force there. After this start buying awakened gems (give them 20% quality!), and if you can, start with awakened cold penetration (swap instead of inspiration) (you need 2G4B on your staff for this). The gems are like 1-3ex max ex each, not that expensive and give good dpf buff

ty very much for the help so swaping cold pen for insp is better? and does it have to be connect

i did everthing u told me to do for the tree but i am at 77% lightning resist so i will wait to get it caped first

and i am working atm on geting a better helm but wasted around 30 essence with no luck :s
Last edited by phantom_god on Oct 2, 2020, 9:30:36 AM
"
Breken wrote:
That's what makes the alt Arctic Armor interesting. 350ms freeze on anything not immune to freezing.

With a 20% chance, you need the boss to hit you several times in order to freeze it for 350 ms. Even if it stacks with other (global) sources of 'chance to freeze', that still won't be reliable. If you let them hit you multiple times and survive, then why freeze them? They are already chilled, slowed and blinded.
"
Wissle wrote:
I am looking for a build solely for deathless A8 sirus-es and came across this one.
How well does this one perform there with a budget?

Also is it possible to play in standard or does it need any league exclusive gear/stuff?

In Delirium and Harvest, this build was roflstomping Sirus AL8 even with eating occasional multi-beams. However, it was never on a small budget.

For example, in my Delirium AL8 video, I had 3200 Int and ~20 ex gear.

In this league, I was limit checking with 2300 Int on a ~5 ex budget, and it worked fine on everything up to AL7 Sirus. However, last night I reached AL8 and discovered that I need better gear in order to beat that, let alone deathless.

I think it will be fine again with the 20 ex investment, or maybe slightly less powerful. The stacking nerf on Icestorm mostly affects stationary bosses, and Sirus doesn't stand still much. I'm going to farm some currency and upgrade, and then we'll see how it goes. But right now I cannot recommend this build for deathless AL8 carries.
what is needed to run 4 auras?

I do have
to help with zealotry, I just want to start planning ahead :)

next upgrade will be to get 2 golden oils so I can anoint the amulet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info