Content Update 3.8.0 -- Path of Exile: Blight

Lot of decent changes, couple of weird nerfs, that uncalled for double nerf on zombers (slam cd and poison cloud removal), and no hh changes cause it is a chase unique that causes a lot of indirect nerfs to people that dont have it probably.

Some winners though:
-hideout respawns on elder deaths (now we only need hideout spawns on log in)
-tremor rod still has detonate twice? (if so; the less damage is gone and the mine auras will stay active while you detonate if that matters)
-flame dash has even more damage on both hit and dot and is a potential clear skill now???
-fire trap buffed once again while still retaining it's added damage ratio, gaining more aoe? should still be good and better.

Mana gain could be an issue though, but EB and energy leech support is still working right? right? So we build hp and spell leech, little to no mana to reserve all and a decent bit of es so es leech leeches enough per second. Will see.

Oh and wildstrike can be 3 different distinct skills now huh? Attack damage based freeze pulse, arc or fireball could be good. Gloomfang anyone?
"
DistantBliss wrote:
Lot of decent changes, couple of weird nerfs, that uncalled for double nerf on zombers (slam cd and poison cloud removal), and no hh changes cause it is a chase unique that causes a lot of indirect nerfs to people that dont have it probably.

Some winners though:
-hideout respawns on elder deaths (now we only need hideout spawns on log in)
-tremor rod still has detonate twice? (if so; the less damage is gone and the mine auras will stay active while you detonate if that matters)
-flame dash has even more damage on both hit and dot and is a potential clear skill now???
-fire trap buffed once again while still retaining it's added damage ratio, gaining more aoe? should still be good and better.

Mana gain could be an issue though, but EB and energy leech support is still working right? right? So we build hp and spell leech, little to no mana to reserve all and a decent bit of es so es leech leeches enough per second. Will see.

Oh and wildstrike can be 3 different distinct skills now huh? Attack damage based freeze pulse, arc or fireball could be good. Gloomfang anyone?

*Cries in broken zombiedreams*
My Body is ready !
Healthy mind limited to one. Noooooooooooooo. At least had it limited to 2 or 3 or so. But 1?!
Frist of all, thanks GGG for all the work you did!
I love the company and the game!

I played many leagues now and I'm actually happy about some nerfs. Why?
-> Because so many skills can kill uber elder in under 3 min, can clear maps in under 2 min and it's just a bit too easy in my opinion to clear the whole game, actually in some days.

Even the most less played skills like Burning Arrow can kill shaper in under 2 sec. (DatModz played this last league just to show that)

Mobs in this game actually have affixes.. do ANYONE of you even read just a single note of them under their name? I don't think so - cause they die SO fast it's just not needed (most of the time).

So many people cry about nerfs and say "omg game is now dead so many nerfs..." even without ascendancies AND nerfs you can clear the game in just days!
"
You'll now appear in your Hideout (rather than Town) if you die to the Elder or one of its Guardians.

This. On an older laptop with an SSD with a small write buffer, this will make a huge difference.

I am also quite please about the rest.
"
JoeShmo wrote:
"
Kurgosh wrote:
Seems like a pretty bad nerf to Righteous Fire builds that have any kind of decent gear. At around 7500 life or ES, the flat damage falls behind what you would have gotten from the extra 20% of life/ES. And nobody plays RF with less than 7500 effective life intentionally.

And yet, not many people actually had over 7500 life as RF, and builds that took advantage of that fact were stupid expensive / exclusive to standard league shenanigans.

The change was clearly directed towards toning down the 15k+ ES immortal builds of guardian, heirophant, and occultist; while still making sure life based builds didn't go back to being crazy themselves. There was no question this was coming down the pipeline after the occultist changes a while back ....it was gloriously stupid how well RF did in delves. The later changes to regen on kill nodes everywhere ( 20% to 10% ) was indirect fallout from that very thing.

RF certainly will be easier to level with after these changes, as well as for starting maps. Not having to rely on getting 6k eHP asap to even kill things will go a long way, even if it's a non issue for dedicated RF players.

Getting more eHP will still give great benefits ..it'll just be toned down by up to 40% damage as compared to before for folks that got upwards of 30k ES. The "normal" rang of damage, folks that worked hard just to get to 8k eHP ...wont notice the change to the RF gem. If anything ....everyone will either notice an uptick in damage because of the ailment / item mod changes ...or be able to get back to roughly where they were before with their dozens of EX investments they were already spending.

All that said, time will tell just how far these changes will affect the old builds; sometimes that just happens in PoE ...you stop being able to efficiently use a particular ascendancy or geartype, and so switch to something else to achieve the same relative thing. RF in particular has gone through a ton of balance changes over the years since 3.0 hit, it still always ended up working just fine.

and result for that? 15 mins uber elder killing? no reason to start rf if u plan do all content.

Ofc if u want farm t2 maps it will be awesome(not best, far not best))))
"
shoryuken92 wrote:
Frist of all, thanks GGG for all the work you did!
I love the company and the game!

I played many leagues now and I'm actually happy about some nerfs. Why?
-> Because so many skills can kill uber elder in under 3 min, can clear maps in under 2 min and it's just a bit too easy in my opinion to clear the whole game, actually in some days.

Even the most less played skills like Burning Arrow can kill shaper in under 2 sec. (DatModz played this last league just to show that)

Mobs in this game actually have affixes.. do ANYONE of you even read just a single note of them under their name? I don't think so - cause they die SO fast it's just not needed (most of the time).

So many people cry about nerfs and say "omg game is now dead so many nerfs..." even without ascendancies AND nerfs you can clear the game in just days!

Ur idea is very good man, and fully right, but in another university, because they not nerf all to level when that game start to be interested. There anyway 20+ skills+builds which allow u to get 10m+ dps and that nerfs doesnt change idea= run fast,kill fast...

Best example is Atziri, 99% builds just see 2 phases(1 strike, 4 clones, 1 strike, 4 clones). Mech just erazed by dps.
great to see ice trap getting a buff, but a shame that traps ingeneral got axed on the sabo changes XD
Didn't devs say they would improve lab enchants accusation cause the number of possible enchants is too damn high?? Can't find that post now, but i'm sure i saw it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info