Content Update 3.8.0 -- Path of Exile: Blight

"
Xystre wrote:
"
CreoZ wrote:
"
Xystre wrote:
Another thing to add is that they didnt touch impale at all so.. come to think about cyclone again.. maybe not so dead.

that what i mean, why touching range? 25% dmg reduction and all will be happy( and delete HH ofc).

if I have to guess it's because the league mechanic.. they saw what cyclone range did and how it performed on legion so yeah kinda expected nerf here.

so maybe problem in league? not in cyclone or game.
"
CreoZ wrote:
Slam cooldown 5s, so it will be ~3 sec.

Which is awful. they weren't even slamming all the time before, and with the more attack speed aquired it'll be even worse.
Bretherezenx, chill man...u read something that seems bad to your buildand immediately start spiting nonsense...sit on your a**, wait for the league to start, see it for yourself, then choose play it or not to play it.

Although, a single Carrion Golem solve your tiny dps loss, think what 2 or more does...
"

violent dead is still available through div cards, but unable to easily obtain through drop and quest so you cant do the build from the get go after act 5.

of course that means its price and availability will sky rocket, with all the people on here who were looking to do the same thing, so expect atleast 100c+ for obtaining it.

if u right... devs literaly brain dead. the next step is VD in microtransaction shop...
Last edited by CreoZ on Sep 4, 2019, 1:50:41 AM
"
Todeshund5001 wrote:
"
Verfall777 wrote:
"
Bretherezenx wrote:
Now grants increased cooldown recovery speed for your Zombie's Slam Attack as the gem levels, up to 76% at gem level 20 (previously none).

Violent Dead: Can no longer drop or be obtained from quests.

You have got to be absolutely kidding me. This is the largest nerf you could possibly give to Zombies, trying to MAKE them nothing but meat shields, or to pair with the Minion Instability/Minion RF/Aukuna's Will items/gems. Reverse this crap immediately! You're throwing away Zombies as a solid DPS choice in favor of everything else. No. Stop that.

Violent Dead is 100% mandatory for Zombies' dps, and the passive node for them from the Ascendency gave 100% cooldown recovery, not 76%. This is a bogus, huge nerf to Zombies' damage output, meanwhile you're giving Skeletons some huge amount of love? No. Just no.

Nooooo!
I was so freaking hyped about playing a zombie build as my main, how are you compensating the nerf? How can you make zombies useful with this change?

violent dead is still available through div cards, but unable to easily obtain through drop and quest so you cant do the build from the get go after act 5.

of course that means its price and availability will sky rocket, with all the people on here who were looking to do the same thing, so expect atleast 100c+ for obtaining it.

Do you have any confirmation on this, or is it just a theory?
"
Nekecske wrote:
Bretherezenx, chill man...u read something that seems bad to your buildand immediately start spiting nonsense...sit on your a**, wait for the league to start, see it for yourself, then choose play it or not to play it.

Although, a single Carrion Golem solve your tiny dps loss, think what 2 or more does...

You clearly don't know much about the build, so why even bother commenting. It is 60% less slams in general, about 30%+ dps loss. Imagine how bitchy you would be if you did flat 30% less dmg and had worse clear speed aswell.
"
Xystre wrote:
Another thing to add is that they didnt touch impale at all so.. come to think about cyclone again.. maybe not so dead.

Facebreaker Impale Champion literally got a buff lolz. (Cyclone range 7-> 11)

I might try one.
"
Nekecske wrote:

It's not about the loss of the Zombies' damage via Slam. It's about the massive tank in their cooldown between Slams. This nets a massive damage loss that is very unwarranted for Zombies as a primary DPS minion, and basically shoehorns them in to the very long-term meatshield delegation.

There's nothing about these changes that isn't screaming: Dead Zombie Summoner. Nothing about them that reassures me that Zombies will remain competent. Their clearspeed from the starting of Maps, to the end-game, until you get those now-incredibly-rare Violent Dead jewels, is pathetically small. It's only improved, barely, if you use Mon'tregul's Grasp now, instead of utilizing the new Minion Wands that the Blight League has showcased.

There is absolutely nothing that you can do to tell me currently with the displayed Patch Notes that my favorite, and heavily theorycrafted build, is not dead, and no longer viable. Mind you, I play on consoles--not PC. PC may see 10 or a hundred of these jewels. Console might see 1. Or 2. And the price will easily be 10x worse than you on PC.

This effectively, massively, cripples my favorite build for me. A 1.25s cooldown Slam pre-Blight, is now effectively a 3.8s cooldown Slam during and post-Blight League. Those Jewels are absolutely necessary for fluidly mapping and bossing for Zombies, and these changes are basically telling me that GGG effectively nerfed my favorite minion build (and judging by some of these other posts, other people's favorite minion build--or they at least recognize what a nerf this is) for no other reason than to heavily promote meat shielding Zombies, DD/VD/Cremation Zombies with Aukuna's Will, or promoting other minions like the hugely over-buffed Skeletons, and the buffed insanely high-leveled Spectres and their enormously raw stat gains.

This nerf is uncannily unnecessary and very much cripples this niche build.

I could understand lowering the limit to 1x Violent Dead jewel, if that; But that is also while keeping the 100% cooldown recovery speed of a Zombies' Slam from the Ascendency Node pre-Blight, and pairing it alongside a single Violent Dead jewel. This, however, is effectively removing the jewel entirely from play for console players and severally crippling my build.
"
Qlidascope wrote:
"
Nekecske wrote:

You clearly don't know much about the build, so why even bother commenting. It is 60% less slams in general, about 30%+ dps loss. Imagine how bitchy you would be if you did flat 30% less dmg and had worse clear speed aswell.

Biggest difference is DA(default attack single target) and slam is aoe.. 30% dps loss can be compensated, but map clearing will be shit.
"
Bretherezenx wrote:
"
Nekecske wrote:

It's not about the loss of the Zombies' damage via Slam. It's about the massive tank in their cooldown between Slams. This nets a massive damage loss that is very unwarranted for Zombies as a primary DPS minion, and basically shoehorns them in to the very long-term meatshield delegation.

There's nothing about these changes that isn't screaming: Dead Zombie Summoner. Nothing about them that reassures me that Zombies will remain competent. Their clearspeed from the starting of Maps, to the end-game, until you get those now-incredibly-rare Violent Dead jewels, is pathetically small. It's only improved, barely, if you use Mon'tregul's Grasp now, instead of utilizing the new Minion Wands that the Blight League has showcased.

There is absolutely nothing that you can do to tell me currently with the displayed Patch Notes that my favorite, and heavily theorycrafted build, is not dead, and no longer viable. Mind you, I play on consoles--not PC. PC may see 10 or a hundred of these jewels. Console might see 1. Or 2. And the price will easily be 10x worse than you on PC.

This effectively, massively, cripples my favorite build for me. A 1.25s cooldown Slam pre-Blight, is now effectively a 3.8s cooldown Slam during and post-Blight League. Those Jewels are absolutely necessary for fluidly mapping and bossing for Zombies, and these changes are basically telling me that GGG effectively nerfed my favorite minion build (and judging by some of these other posts, other people's favorite minion build--or they at least recognize what a nerf this is) for no other reason than to heavily promote meat shielding Zombies, DD/VD/Cremation Zombies with Aukuna's Will, or promoting other minions like the hugely over-buffed Skeletons, and the buffed insanely high-leveled Spectres and their enormously raw stat gains.

This nerf is uncannily unnecessary and very much cripples this niche build.

I could understand lowering the limit to 1x Violent Dead jewel, if that; But that is also while keeping the 100% cooldown recovery speed of a Zombies' Slam from the Ascendency Node pre-Blight, and pairing it alongside a single Violent Dead jewel. This, however, is effectively removing the jewel entirely from play for console players and severally crippling my build.

It was the most hyped league i've had for a long time as a zombiemancer main, now i'm thinking of im even gonna play it.. 1 cause no zombiemancer and 2. Cause GGG did this in the first place. It honestly saddens me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info