Content Update 3.8.0 -- Path of Exile: Blight

"Re-added the flat Energy Shield crafted modifiers for Rings and Amulets that mysteriously vanished"

I was wondering what happened. That's how we know they were directly forcing melee last league!!
"
nskLantash wrote:
"
CreoZ wrote:
before 3.8 i think legion destroy game(cause legion content gives > than other old content) but in 3.8 i realy don't see any good variant for good builds, all overnerfed..

Jesus, just play Tornado shot, it'll still offscreen everything with no issues.
How on earth do people on forums manage to complain about both insane powercreep and ggg "overnerfing" everything at the same time?
Like, i get getting pissed off about specific things, like pulverize nerf, or zombie summoners getting gimped, but to say that "there are no good builds in 3.8" is absolutely, hilariously absurd.

so which build good? and get oneshot from retarded dmg reflection mechanics ? which can only be passed with ele+slayer+scionele/slayer? nice try
Last edited by CreoZ on Sep 4, 2019, 1:27:09 AM
There goes cyclone!!!!!!
RIP mana guardian
no rly someone tell me, cyclone has 2m-50m dps, rf has 100-300k dps, why cyclone nerfed by range and rf nerfed by dmg?)))) where there balance?

p.s. or that maked for cathing new players? adding base dmg to rf to feel its op on low lvl(quest line) and than a 2nd hour uberelder show?)
Last edited by CreoZ on Sep 4, 2019, 1:29:54 AM
"
TiamatRoar wrote:
Will Vis Mortis be worth using after this change? It doesn't even give +1 to spectre gems (or they forgot to mention if it did)

Zombie Slam nerf is mitigated a bit by the increased zombie accuracy. However, the loss of increased AoE to it from the Necromancer ascendancy is a big nerf unless they baked that in (there's no mention of that, though)

less than 40% uptime on slam. The whole rework is an actual dps decrease for zombiemancer builds if the removal stays.
Copying this from when I asked Jeff about it, but this is the post as-is when I PM'd him. Unfortunately, he didn't have a clue, so...

The patch notes say that the Violent Dead jewels will be non-existent, or nearly non-existent, in Blight, and going forward: They will not drop anymore, and they won't be available from the Quest as a reward either. In addition, the "Flesh Binder" Necromancer Ascendency node that exists pre-Blight is being removed/revamped to not focus so heavily on Zombies as it does. These items/passive node made Zombies a worthwhile DPS option for a minion Summoner, specifically, my favorite build and highly theorycrafted Zombie Summoner. The removal of the item jewel, Violent Dead, and the removal/revamp of that passive node, really.... Utterly kills my build. Is there any way to find out if they were added to the base gem it self? Because if not, I don't think i'll be playing this League at all.

I was really, truly hyped to play my desired build this League, but I can't see how I will with Zombies nerfed so hugely.

So basically I am asking this: Was the jewel Violent Dead, and the Flesh Binder ascendency node baked in to the basic Raise Zombie gem, or weren't they?

I am going to assume that they weren't, because no mention of it has been made in the Patch Notes. But clarification on my part is desired here...
Last edited by Bretherezenx on Sep 4, 2019, 1:33:25 AM
"
Bretherezenx wrote:
Copying this from when I asked Jeff about it, but this is the post as-is when I PM'd him. Unfortunately, he didn't have a clue, so...

The patch notes say that the Violent Dead jewels will be non-existent, or nearly non-existent, in Blight, and going forward: They will not drop anymore, and they won't be available from the Quest as a reward either. In addition, the "Flesh Binder" Necromancer Ascendency node that exists pre-Blight is being removed/revamped to not focus so heavily on Zombies as it does. These items/passive node made Zombies a worthwhile DPS option for a minion Summoner, specifically, my favorite build and highly theorycrafted Zombie Summoner. The removal of the item jewel, Violent Dead, and the removal/revamp of that passive node, really.... Utterly kills my build. Is there any way to find out if they were added to the base gem it self? Because if not, I don't think i'll be playing this League at all.

I was really, truly hyped to play my desired build this League, but I can't see how I will with Zombies nerfed so hugely.

So basically I am asking this: Was the jewel Violent Dead, and the Flesh Binder ascendency node baked in to the basic Raise Zombie gem, or weren't they?

I am going to assume that they weren't, because no mention of it has been made in the Patch Notes. But clarification on my part is desired here...

"
CreoZ wrote:

so which build good? and get oneshot from retarded dmg reflection mechanics ? which can only be passed with ele+slayer+scionele/slayer? nice try

Or you can just use those things called "eyes" and reroll\not run a reflect map. That works too.
Is your interpretation of a "good build" a build that has zero weaknesses, zero drawbacks, and basically plays the game for you?

As for which builds might be good based on the patchnotes alone - cyclone's still fine, the nerf isn't nearly severe enough to stop it from being excellent, [besides, impale isn't touched at all], poison should be much more curious now with either assa\pf (i'll probably go for pf tho, too lazy to not use prolif), while zombie summoners are suffering, skele summoners thrive, and lightning arrow, which was already decently strong before, may reach way further now. That's just off the top of my head.
Slam cooldown 5s, so it will be ~3 sec.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info