Balance in Path of Exile: Blight

looks good. should make things new again
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
The Occultist's Vile Bastion now also grants 40 energy shield regenerated per second at all times, granting more reliable recovery, especially at lower levels.

Hahaha. For a 10k ES character this is 0.4% ES regen.

Nerfed from 30% regen to 10% regen to about 0.4% regen.

true, GGG noob
"
PayneK wrote:
You obviously don't play the game very long or your builds probably stop at red maps each league if you don't see the problem with the mana leech nerfs.
Even with as little investment as possible in mana leech you never had enough points for decent Life Pool plus damage. If you also have to heavily invest in mana regen nodes what will your uber elder build look like, 500k dmg and only 4k HP?

I don´t know what you consider "long enough"? Playing since beta not enough?:)
What are you talking about here? You needed to invest in warlords mark only to get both life and mana leech at once.
It has been changed last league and they have removed ability to leech mana for spells now but there are other possibilities (mana on hit, mana on kill, regen, flasks etc)

"
PayneK wrote:
Heavy Life Node investment in passive tree already insanely limited build diversity. With heavy mana Node investment build diversity will be limited to only the 2 new META OP builds they introduce every new league and nerf the next league. Everything else will be a min-maxing trap.

There are other possibilities you can choose from according to your build but you need to think about things a bit more.

Btw also …
A variety of new passive tree clusters have been added, including one that improves mana and Arcane Surge, one that gives curse bonuses and a way to recover mana after hitting or killing cursed enemies, and one that grants Spell Damage based on your maximum mana, up to a limit
So your character can profit from investing to mana.
Classic MoM build might be popular again ...
Last edited by Rakiii on Sep 3, 2019, 1:28:37 PM
"
Navandis wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:
There are other choices (mana on hit, regen, flasks, on kill, reduced/-mana cost)

None of those are useful vs bosses. None are useful anywhere for expensive spells + high cast speed.

Although you´re right that it´s not as easy as getting warlords mark and be done I have never had problem to lay mines each costing over 150 mana with mana regen and good mana pool (+ using mana flask occasionally).

You will need to find new ways how to deal with your "mana problem".

One flask + new cluster might help
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lavianga%27s_Spirit
.. also ..
A variety of new passive tree clusters have been added, including one that improves mana and Arcane Surge, one that gives curse bonuses and a way to recover mana after hitting or killing cursed enemies, and one that grants Spell Damage based on your maximum mana, up to a limit.

Just an extra tip for you:)
If you play such crazy mana hungry builds think about using Blood magic in combination with life leech and don´t care about mana anymore ...

"
Navandis wrote:
How exactly does MoM help with mana sustain? Even when paired with EB.
Or EB alone meaning you basically ignore mana almost entirely so what's the point of all the mana changes? To force players to only play EB? How is that a smart design?

You can ignore mana problem with ES leech here (while having EB). I am not telling it´s the best thing how to handle mana problem but that´s how things work now. You have just more options how to build your character.

"
Navandis wrote:
So the solution is to give up entirely on self-casting spells. Why? And how is that an OK thing in your vision? Just because you personally don't like self-casting?

I have never said that. It´s just your imagination.
Although I am not satisfied how GGG handles balance among different builds (selfcasted, traps/mines, trigger etc) it has nothing to do with mana leech being an easy recovery mechanic.
Btw trap / mine builds couldn´t leech since beginning.

"
Navandis wrote:
"
Rakiii wrote:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
We've introduced a selection of new modifiers for mana flasks, including a new "Enduring" modifier that lets the mana flask remain after reaching full mana at the cost of duration.
I am smelling some cool interactions with unique flasks here.

Yeah, ever heard the notion of opportunity cost?

You need to think about the pros and cons.
Last edited by Rakiii on Sep 3, 2019, 4:04:05 PM
"
Nibelton wrote:
"
Potion wrote:
We Nerfed Ghost Dance because it was too powerful.
We Nerfed Ghost Dance because it was too defensive.
We Nerfed Bane of Legends because it was too powerful.
We Nerfed This and that because it too "powerful for one node"

Places ALL OF THE ABOVE PRE-NERF INTO ASSASSIN MISTWALKER AT THE SAME TIME FOR A 2-POINTER

I've really lost the interest i used to have in this game because CLEARLY the devs have no idea what they are doing anymore.

yea,many pro players/racers like raizqt said,that GD was powerful,and after(first) the nerf its ok and need no adjustments.yet GGG went and nerf it,like they are trying to make trickster new(old) Bers aka usless garbage.
no one play OK ascendancy while there are good or OP ones.

GGG,probably players know best what's good for the game THEY are playing ? i'm not talking about manchildren who cry because it's all they can,but about those who know the fuk they are talking about.

Funny, anyone who “knows” what they are talking about must have already read the patch notes and played 3.8 to see how the changes were implemented. You know nothing more than what GGG has released thus far, knowing full well that it’s incomplete information. So stop being a “manchild” as you put it and at least wait until the patch notes to do your griping. Of course probably nothing will satisfy you except mo’ power in your favorite skill.

This is a game; let’s treat it like one. If the rules aren’t to your liking, then play a different one. Clearly the devs do know what they are doing, otherwise GGG would go bankrupt. No game is worth getting angry over.
Because any character = your PERSONAL time (and money...)
☣ 𝕯𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖘𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖆 𝖌𝖎𝖋𝖙 ☣

«𝕾𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖜 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖈𝖗𝖚𝖊𝖑 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖔 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖆𝖋𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖋𝖊𝖜 𝖋𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖔𝖋 𝖊𝖝𝖎𝖑𝖊 𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖒𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖎𝖙» — Diablo II LoD Manual
Minion League. Lame. I'm out. See you all @ 3.9 or 4.0.
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

YOLO!
Just mentioning 2 things where you are massively wrong GGG.

First is that no one should be forced to play this game with other people, in fact there is a reason why you created SSF in the first place. That means that all players should be able to get all veiled mods because they will be looking for a specific one for their build... Indeed you have improved it and it's a good thing, however balance on this side should never be made from the perspective that a player doesn't needs to have all veiled mods. Conceivably there are many the player will end up not using, but with no real way to chose which ones they want and which they don't, you need to go under the assumption they need all of them.

Second is the idea that changing ascendencies to be more generic at this point will create build diversity. It won't. Fact of the matter is. If one class gives minion bonus then everyone will just go for that. If someone is doing crit build then they are going to go for whatever crit build is strongest and so on. People will always (almost always anyway but that's why people then get frustated that it's not working) pick the best tool for the right job. Thinking otherwise is a little bit naive.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
"
Elhazzared wrote:
Just mentioning 2 things where you are massively wrong GGG.

First is that no one should be forced to play this game with other people, in fact there is a reason why you created SSF in the first place. That means that all players should be able to get all veiled mods because they will be looking for a specific one for their build... Indeed you have improved it and it's a good thing, however balance on this side should never be made from the perspective that a player doesn't needs to have all veiled mods. Conceivably there are many the player will end up not using, but with no real way to chose which ones they want and which they don't, you need to go under the assumption they need all of them.

Second is the idea that changing ascendencies to be more generic at this point will create build diversity. It won't. Fact of the matter is. If one class gives minion bonus then everyone will just go for that. If someone is doing crit build then they are going to go for whatever crit build is strongest and so on. People will always (almost always anyway but that's why people then get frustated that it's not working) pick the best tool for the right job. Thinking otherwise is a little bit naive.

+1
"
Rockell wrote:
I think my favorite part is seeing the same people from the last balance manifesto complain they'll never play the game again, again.

So fucking true! Same people have been rage quitting almost every league since closed beta. 'Course, some of the really good ones never did come back... yet. :)
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Last edited by Phaeded on Sep 3, 2019, 3:26:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info