Balance in Path of Exile: Blight

"
Nibelton wrote:
>Previously, Ailments from Critical Strikes dealt 50% more damage by default
>Now, Ailments from Critical Strikes have +50% to Damage over Time multiplier by default
????????????
and have some more ???????

It's technically a nerf since if they didn't do that then poison damage would actually be really good.

Basically all the chaos DoT multipliers on the tree work for poison now, if crits just gave 50% more damage to poison on crit that would be 50% more after the DoT multiplier is applied which would be decent damage but now if you already have 41% chaos DoT multi that's another 50 added to it on crit for 91% chaos DoT multi rather than have that 41% apply to poison damage then get 50% more on the new value. Basically means that getting any of the Chaos DoT multiplier nodes if you plan on going crit+perfect agony is not worth much as getting crit multi in that case would give you more damage.
You seriously destroyed Essence Drain because of how it functioned in one league because of a league mechanic you designed, fully knowing Essence Drain existed? The league being last league meaning that mechanic won't even be prevalent now?
How stupid are you? I had a glass cannon 2 million Shaper dps Essence Drain build and I will guarantee nobody else had an Essence Drain build that could clear anywhere as fast as mine and it was STILL a shitty clearspeed skill. You didn't just nerf it either, it's absolutely destroyed now. Contagion now gains 0 additional range as it levels what in the fuck are you smoking?

Contagion no longer gains radius as the gem levels. The skill provided too much clearing capacity over a large area at high levels.

How many people died laughing while typing that??????????

Have you SEEN what a lvl 1 Contagion looks like? You want me to do two fucking slow casts with that???? What exactly is the reason you think I'm going to do that? If Essence Drain could clear an entire map in 30 Contagion casts it STILL wouldn't be even close to op.

I will personally guarantee no one will ever use that skill again in its current state.
Last edited by DemigodParadox on Sep 3, 2019, 12:42:08 PM
Boring changes, not much to look forward to yet, can't wait to see what you come up with in terms of buffs in the final patch notes before the league GGG.

I just hope you don't push too hard on the necromancy thing, theres a lot of people who don't like playing meatshield builds, me included.
The mana stuff is awful. We already have to deal with mana somehow and now you've made the game a little less interesting by limiting the available solutions, again. There's basically only one reasonable option left for life caster builds and that's EB/MoM/ESleech. Build diversity will suffer.

Cancel the mana leech nerf and revert the Warlord's Mark attack-only change.

...more power for builds that don't invest as heavily in maximum life, and slightly less power in builds that invested the majority of their resources into getting large values of maximum life.

LOL this is the fun part... in a game where almost everything oneshot (barrels included) we are penalized because few lucky people achiev 10k HP.
In a game where your HP/ES constant nerf is simply disgusting.
In a game where 95% player with 5k HP is"the best we can have" = toilet paper vs end game contents.

♪ ♫ . M u s i c I s T h e A n s w e r . ♫
Potion wrote:
We Nerfed Ghost Dance because it was too powerful.
We Nerfed Ghost Dance because it was too defensive.
We Nerfed Bane of Legends because it was too powerful.
We Nerfed This and that because it too "powerful for one node"

Places ALL OF THE ABOVE PRE-NERF INTO ASSASSIN MISTWALKER AT THE SAME TIME FOR A 2-POINTER

I've really lost the interest i used to have in this game because CLEARLY the devs have no idea what they are doing anymore.

yea,many pro players/racers like raizqt said,that GD was powerful,and after(first) the nerf its ok and need no adjustments.yet GGG went and nerf it,like they are trying to make trickster new(old) Bers aka usless garbage.
no one play OK ascendancy while there are good or OP ones.

GGG,probably players know best what's good for the game THEY are playing ? i'm not talking about manchildren who cry because it's all they can,but about those who know the fuk they are talking about.
Last edited by Nibelton on Sep 3, 2019, 12:31:57 PM
"
You seriously destroyed Essence Drain because of how it functioned in one league because of a league mechanic you designed, fully knowing Essence Drain existed? The league being last league meaning that mechanic won't even be prevalent now?
How stupid are you? I had a glass cannon 2 million Shaper dps Essence Drain build and I will guarantee nobody else had an Essence Drain build that could clear anywhere as fast as mine and it was STILL a shitty clearspeed skill. You didn't just nerf it either, it's absolutely destroyed now. Contagion now gains 0 additional range as it levels what in the fuck are you smoking?

Contagion no longer gains radius as the gem levels. The skill provided too much clearing capacity over a large area at high levels.

How many people died laughing while typing that??????????

Have you SEEN what a lvl 0 Contagion looks like? You want me to do two fucking slow casts with that???? What exactly is the reason you think I'm going to do that? If Essence Drain could clear an entire map in 30 Contagion casts it STILL wouldn't be even close to op.

I will personally guarantee no one will ever use that skill again in its current state.

They reduced the baseradius from 25 to 20 at Lategame So its just "20 less AOE" than bevore. Considering the monsterdensity in maps, that will make no difference than pre-"nerv".

Also essence drain has way to mutch clearspeed for way to low investment. Yes, it is not the Top at clearspeed of all skills, but its the cheapest way to get close to the top of clearspeed of all skills. To clear maps with essence drain, you need literaly nothing. You can go with selffound-rare-garbage-4-link-not-even-worth-one-chaos-gear and just clear maps like its nothing. You can even go naked, just wearing a tabula rasa, und it cuts throught Tier10 maps like its butter.
The only thing that makes it slower than other skills on the high tier end of equipment is the fact, that you need to hit 2 skills, where one of them is a projectile, to get an enemy effected by a dot that kills him over time, while other skills do the same with one click and in an instand, if you invest a million exalts.

But thats not the point. Essence drain still is the cheatcode, when you whant an easy, reliable and cheap way to clear a screen of enemys.
And that they nerved a tiny bit, and this tiny bit will rarely make any difference at all.

If it where me to balance it, i would give contagion a maximum jump count somewhere between 3 and 5, so it cant jump infinity ranges.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Muh Trickster.
"
Packs of monsters that spawn with Rare monsters now have a single shared modifier from the Rare, as well as more life, damage, experience and item rewards. This will make a Rare monster encounter more rewarding, and able to provide a greater challenge.

At least something to be a bit excited about... Best change.
Last edited by Motopsycho on Sep 3, 2019, 12:35:31 PM
Love the changes, love the necromancer, hopefully it stays powerful enough to compete with other builds. Ty GGG <3
" Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. "

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info