Balance in Path of Exile: Blight

People are Babyrage over a AOE nerf where it was not exist before

Tornado shot OP, nerf to only +1 2ndary projectile
Molten strike OP, nerf projectile damage, acenstral call mechanic, projectile to only +2
...yeah, balanced
The issue i see with this and the issue i see with GGG in the future is that they completely break certain classes league by league. Necromancer is undoubtedly too good with its new MULTITUDE of options being an entire ascendency rework, associated summoner gems getting buffed super heavily,carrion golem which is a power house of a gem due for these builds.

This is Slayer #2 and its annoying to see this constant pattern of one thing being on top. You might say Saboteur or Poison assassin looks good and they do, but NOTHING compared to necromancer.

Saboteur has had the mine mechanic made similar to traps with ranged throwing and the sort but with these auras that are pretty good, however, they nerfed?? one the best nodes for saboteur being the life regen? Did Necro recieve any nerfs? to idk...maybe BALANCE it?

Poison assassin undoubtedly was buffed and assassins in general, but nowhere near the level of necromancer. The skills that were released fail to impress me being close to mimics of spectral throw.

I even recently created my own path of building for a necromancer on Path Of Building before any of the new gems before any of the reworks and i was already hitting around 1mil dps Per Skeleton with 12 skeletons. I didnt pull is POB bs either, standard set of gear for any skeleton build/ summoner build in general. This was also on a FIVE LINK before i could even put feeding frenzy into POB or Death Mark support if i chose that.

I just believe that GGG could do a little better on the BALANCE SIDE instead of completely shafting one thing for another every league. One side of me feels as if they do this to sell MTX. Sorry i tried to stay as level headed as possible through this. I still love this game more than any game ive ever played and ive probably spent more money on this game than any other because of that fact so i want to see the game grow but not in the direction of back and forth with certain ascendencies
HOYPE!
I can get behind the nerfs though I think Cyclone was just barely reaching the power lvl of non-melee builds. Instead of Cyclone nerf, you should have just further buffed other melee skills, but whatever, I don't really care that much cause I won't touch melee this league anyway.

I think mana nerf is acutally interesting. I can totally get behind TS nerf. Overall not complaining about the balance part.

Looking forward to play Detonate Dead again. I think I league start with DD necro. Ascendancy reworks seem interesting.

I have something to complain about though: Stop forcing other genres into PoE!!! Remember Carcassonne league. I hated that shit. Now while I give you kudos for quickly putting together a more complex and interesting Tower Defense game than League of Legends the truth is that if I want to play Tower Defense I just go play Dota2. I want to play PoE. Stop trying to force other genres into PoE.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
Hype!
Well TS mf normaly in league need at least a support to manage kill bosses while farming a midtier maps because of the low singeltarget dps and that with +2 enchant and good jewels on tree etc...

Now the player need like Us and russia with all their forces to help out clearing the damn map.

Rip mf builder.

I like how players already negative reacting to like only coupple of nerfs and the full patch have not yet released.

More nerf will come tomorow trust me on this, and ofcourse new buffs as well like (Now golems can run and not hide) or (Now you can play poe for 1hour a day instade of 10 better for your eye) lol

Have fun mates we might see you next league.

And yeah good luck managing mana problem.
You redditors really need to stop crying so much. Forum is fucking cancer.
40 energy shield regenerated per second.... might as well be zero.
I certainly hope mana flasks will by default continue for a duration and not cease upon reaching full mana. Anything less will continue to make mana flasks a leveling only thing. The changes the Clarity and Arcane Surge sound interesting; I’ll be glad to finally be able to stop telling noobs not to over-level Clarity. Altogether I think these will result in a positive change if mana is no longer reliant on specific gear.

I thought minions were going to scale with gem levels, and it looks like I was right. The increased number seem too powerful for low levels, but even more seems powerful for high levels. Spectres specifically will probably grant +3 at 21 and +4 at 31. Depending on how these patch notes play out, a L31 Spectre might not be that far fetched. Now to see if I’m right that the new minion gems will grant charges and if there is a new minion-specific aura. An aura buffing minions would make might synergize very well summoner Spectres and create an interesting new playstyle.

I thought Cyclone was going to get gutted, but all you really did was nerf it’s AoE and then buff the AoE the tree gives. Pulverize slight AoE nerf, slight damage buff. It sounds as if with the new global stats to gems, you actually buffed Cyclone. Granted, + global level of gems is a pretty significant power creep. I’m certainly hoping it all balances out in 4.0.

I am curious where summoners will land on weapons. Obviously dual wand is what is new and shiny, but will any 2H’s be viable for summoners? Spectres, Zombies, and Skeletons do not have any damage tags. SRS and Golems have a huge advantage by comparison. Also, will the Bones of Ullr change be indicative of all + max number of minions from gear and/or on the tree?

"
Ryzara wrote:
The issue i see with this and the issue i see with GGG in the future is that they completely break certain classes league by league. Necromancer is undoubtedly too good with its new MULTITUDE of options being an entire ascendency rework, associated summoner gems getting buffed super heavily,carrion golem which is a power house of a gem due for these builds.

Huh? Most summoner builds actually seem to benefit less from the weapon options since skeletons, zombies, and Spectres do not have a damage tag and lost local modifiers. This is a buff for virtually every other build in the game. Summoners May very well be relegated to dual wand.
Last edited by Aldonés on Sep 3, 2019, 1:10:40 AM
INSTEAD OF MAKING 2 DIFERENT PASSIVES TO REDUCE MANA COST, YOU GUYS COULD PLACE A

"50% LESS MANA COST / 15% MANA RESERVATION"
"50% LESS MANA COST / -10ES AND -10LIFE ON HIT WITH SPELLS"

KEYSTONE FOR EXAMPLE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info