Development Manifesto: Legion as a Core Game Mechanic

Great, I might enjoy 2 way battle once per 3 month league now.

It's just dumb
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
I figured it would go core in this way similar to how we find breaches in maps.

Was not expecting Legion rewards to get added in the mines, temple, sextants and as scarabs so soon. I had it backwards. I actually thought it would be in a zana map mod before this stuff.
Given the relative rarity of the mechanic spawn, I think that both Breach and Legion splinters should combine at a smaller number, such as 50 or maybe even 40. Collecting 100 makes it feel like I'm never going to get there.
Can you please base it on lvl which splinters can occur in the Safehouses.

lvl 81+ for Maraketh.
Last edited by Zaroin on Aug 19, 2019, 2:24:50 AM
Great!
Sad to hear that. I remember when you said that you will make lower number of mobs on screen and then you make Legion. Last room with 5 factions lags like hell. And now you add that as core. Very sad.
"
We want most of your Breach splinters to come from Breach!

O rly? Then hear me out.

If you want breach splinters to come from breach then how about... make Breach actually DROP some F-ing splinters, eh?

I know, right? What a radical revolutionary idea!

Anyway, obvious sarcasm aside (if it wasn't obvious), you do remember that you utterly gutted Breach (I guess it was too much fun) to the point that a lot of times people are skipping it because it's not worth it? Other than few vendor trash useless rings every ~50 maps or so.

I know, I know, interacting too much with a favorite mechanic is "too much fun" and we can't have that (for some reason). But sometimes I have to wonder if you people actually read what you're writing. You're saying that " Breach rewards will give fewer Breachstones, in part because they were a little too common". By "too common" I assume you mean that Legion was the league mechanic and there was a legion in every map? Just checking but you are aware that now it will not spawn in every map? Now it will be once in 10 maps? Would that still be considered "too common"? Yes? Is this why it requires additional nerf on top of the low chance to even spawn? I mean... really? What is this... "nerf-ception"?
I have to ask - why does Betrayal remain at all? The help page is sketchy at best and as a new player, it's just randomly appearing stuff that will sometimes kill you if you turn around to sneeze or swat a mosquito and then an incomprehensible mess with seemingly random rewards and when you DO get those rewards, sometimes you have already unlocked all unveils for that piece of gear.

The betrayal stuff is all of it very unintuitive. Random attack from npcs not encountered anywhere else in the game. You kill and they just stand there. Talking to them brings up some sort of point-and-click 1998 style minigame interface without any explanations. You click something and nothing happens, maybe a card thing gets shuffled around and a random line appears. No explanation. Nothing else happens so you close the thing and there's a ton of random shit on the floor. Or sometimes nothing.
At random.

Then at craft station, a long, long list of useful craft options. All locked behind these guys?
As a nub in the game, I understand none of it. Like a big chunk of the game was largely improvised.

Whatever Betrayal once had, it can't resemble a fraction of what it was.

Last week I learned of safe-houses and I have since then encountered Jun many times and my Betrayal intelligence thingy has been at 60% and I have no idea why nor how to make it move. I click the left and zip effect, I click the right and no effect.

I also read in chat about various crafts available when a certain dude/dudette is in...lead? In the safehouse? Also something about crafting, which may or may not be a new craft bench somewhere in this mess?

In any case - that's from a new gamer's perspective.

So...instead of adding to that, start dismantling it or make it a thousand percent better integrated? I got angry and exited every bloody step of the way of Zana elder/shaper questline when having 2-3 maps of a higher tier and BLAM randomly stomped by Jun and their goons appearing out of nowhere...and I have one portal less to try survive whatever higher-than-before map I'm exploring for the first time.

So yeah, a move toward REMOVAL instead. Alternatively, better integration.
Oh please, not again. Why you guys insist on this 10% bullshit still.
Nerfing Breach even more. (we want your splinters to come from breaches)

Pushing the shit-fest that is Betrayal. (going on 6 months since release and instances still crash on intervention)

10%. That's the right amount of testing you've done trying to integrate Legion into core.

ggg's lost touch a long time ago. Now they're just spiraling out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info