Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters) (1-Button, HC SSF, Pure Item Freedom)

"
"
Saraneth wrote:
Spoiler
Any chance of getting a rough skill plan for the "WAAAAAD's WEEPAAAAAH!!!!!" build? I am horrible at doing that, and it stresses me out. If you can't, that's all good.

Thanks for the builds. I have RSI, so need to play with a controller, and even then I need to press as few buttons as possible. Just writing this, my fingers and wrists are screaming.

I haven't played for years, but just found out they added controller support a while ago, so I want to give the game another go and see how long I can stand it.
Hey, Saraneth!

Nice to hear from you! I'm sorry for your RSI. I know what you're going through for sure, though you seem to have it much worse than I do. Controller support has been glorious since its inception! It's been SO good. I hope it's proven to benefit your ability to play.

Here's my newest Elementalist Reaper that I've replaced with the one I've posted: https://poeplanner.com/builds/657413. This will be the one that I post next league. I've included some notes in the Notes tab that should help with some of your questions. Levelling is always tricky based on what gear drops for you.

I'd likely just use SRS or Skeletons until you unlock the Reaper. Skeletons can use the same supports as the Reaper, and it's more mana friendly, but they are slower. SRS is physical damage converted 100% to Fire Damage. The witch gets plenty of support to help that out while levelling, including the super-fun Infernal Legion.

I hope that helps! Let me know if I didn't answer your question.

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll definitely try out that new build. Looks like a lot of fun. Golems a little better with that one? Also sent you a PM, hopefully you can reply.
"
Saraneth wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for getting back to me. I'll definitely try out that new build. Looks like a lot of fun. Golems a little better with that one? Also sent you a PM, hopefully you can reply.
Thanks for your patience, Saraneth. I just finished reading your PMs and this post.

I'm sure you're well on your way with levelling. The nice thing about this build is that it really doesn't matter which direction you go first (on the tree) while levelling. I, personally, went for the Golem Commander cluster, then the two skill reservation clusters (Sovereignty and Champion of the Cause). But honestly, you can't really screw it up. There are worthwhile positives to any direction you take, as long as you have the attributes to keep your gems levelling.

In terms of Golems, we will have a total of 4 golems. I have two of each so that when one is consumed, there's still another left, of the same kind, to keep their buff active. Their buffs do not stack. So having two Chaos Golems does not grant us 28% Physical Damage Mitigation. It'll be 14% no matter how many Chaos Golems we summon.

The Reaper consuming a minion counts as that minion dying, yes.

There's still over a month left in the league, I think.

I think that was all of your questions. Let me know if you have any more!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Spoiler
"
"
Saraneth wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for your patience, Saraneth. I just finished reading your PMs and this post.

I'm sure you're well on your way with levelling. The nice thing about this build is that it really doesn't matter which direction you go first (on the tree) while levelling. I, personally, went for the Golem Commander cluster, then the two skill reservation clusters (Sovereignty and Champion of the Cause). But honestly, you can't really screw it up. There are worthwhile positives to any direction you take, as long as you have the attributes to keep your gems levelling.

In terms of Golems, we will have a total of 4 golems. I have two of each so that when one is consumed, there's still another left, of the same kind, to keep their buff active. Their buffs do not stack. So having two Chaos Golems does not grant us 28% Physical Damage Mitigation. It'll be 14% no matter how many Chaos Golems we summon.

The Reaper consuming a minion counts as that minion dying, yes.

There's still over a month left in the league, I think.

I think that was all of your questions. Let me know if you have any more!

I am underway. Just got my reaper before. Damn it looks cool. Not high enough for Golems yet, but close.

When you mentioned "Champion of the Cause" were you suggesting that you skipped everything on the way down and went for that asap, then started to fill in everything else?

Thanks

"
Saraneth wrote:
Spoiler
I am underway. Just got my reaper before. Damn it looks cool. Not high enough for Golems yet, but close.

When you mentioned "Champion of the Cause" were you suggesting that you skipped everything on the way down and went for that asap, then started to fill in everything else?

Thanks

You don't have to rush to Champion of the Cause, but ya, that's what I said I would do. I just like having my reservation stuff taken care of right away. It's not important or required. Just a personal preference.

If you don't like Meat Shield and Predator support, check out this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3355578. Mark_GGG responded to it. I avoided Melee-specific supports with this build because I don't have a guarantee that all the skills the Reaper uses are melee. But you could go with Melee Physical, Fortify, Impale, Ruthless...whatever you like (as long as it's not for Strike or Slam melee skills).

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Spoiler
"
"
Saraneth wrote:
Spoiler

Thanks

You don't have to rush to Champion of the Cause, but ya, that's what I said I would do. I just like having my reservation stuff taken care of right away. It's not important or required. Just a personal preference.

If you don't like Meat Shield and Predator support, check out this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3355578. Mark_GGG responded to it. I avoided Melee-specific supports with this build because I don't have a guarantee that all the skills the Reaper uses are melee. But you could go with Melee Physical, Fortify, Impale, Ruthless...whatever you like (as long as it's not for Strike or Slam melee skills).

I do like having meat shield due to the taunt, not sure how badly the Reaper needs it if the Golems have it though. I was thinking that I could add Feeding Frenzy to it to cancel out “Defensive” but keep the taunt. Thoughts? Or I could scrap both those ideas and go with some of the others you recommended.
"
Saraneth wrote:
Spoiler
I do like having meat shield due to the taunt, not sure how badly the Reaper needs it if the Golems have it though. I was thinking that I could add Feeding Frenzy to it to cancel out “Defensive” but keep the taunt. Thoughts? Or I could scrap both those ideas and go with some of the others you recommended.
Meat Shield is a personal playstyle. If you don't like it, I'd suggest removing it instead of tolerating it. (Feeding Frenzy doesn't actually give the linked skill damage.) The taunt on the Reaper isn't important.

Annnnnd

"
"
Saraneth wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Meat Shield is a personal playstyle. If you don't like it, I'd suggest removing it instead of tolerating it. (Feeding Frenzy doesn't actually give the linked skill damage.) The taunt on the Reaper isn't important.

Yep. I have replaced it with Minion Speed. So I only have a 5 socket at the moment—only lvl 47— and my current skills are Reaper, Maim, Culling, Minion Speed, and Brutality. With Impale levelling for whenever I finally get a 6 socket.

So far, so good. I'm really enjoying it! :)
Spoiler
Going to try your slightly different build. This one here. So far, so good. Just waiting until lvl 55, so I can use my 6link armour (crap armour but cheap 6 link).
This way I see the reaper as doing more DMG and the low dps Chaos Golems having Culling Strike will help them get the last hit, which is good with Item Rarity Support. I think. The way it is, I'm thinking of having 3 chaos golems out and 1 stone. When the reaper eats a golem, it always seems to go with the type that has more summoned. So 3 chaos for higher chance of them getting last hit and for the Reaper then 1 stone for all the health regen.

I've got to play it more and see how it goes, especially once I finally start mapping and get better gear.

Last edited by Saraneth on Feb 27, 2023, 11:51:51 PM
Yay. Found a divine orb which has let me take this build to the next level. I'd been wondering how we survive with Flesh and Blood running. I now understand. Petrified Blood and close to 800 life regen per second is how. I just needed enough life/life regen. Still have some ways to go, but doing well now. Really easy to play this as a zer0 button build too when I'm really sore.

Few questions, should I be running Flesh and Blood in Blood mode? Seems the best for the build. Also, do you know if the Pantheon: Soul of Arakaali reduces the dot from Petrified Blood?

Last edited by Saraneth on Mar 11, 2023, 4:53:59 AM
Spoiler
"
Saraneth wrote:
Yay. Found a divine orb which has let me take this build to the next level. I'd been wondering how we survive with Flesh and Blood running. I now understand. Petrified Blood and close to 800 life regen per second is how. I just needed enough life/life regen. Still have some ways to go, but doing well now. Really easy to play this as a zer0 button build too when I'm really sore.

Few questions, should I be running Flesh and Blood in Blood mode? Seems the best for the build. Also, do you know if the Pantheon: Soul of Arakaali reduces the dot from Petrified Blood?

Very nice! I'm glad the build is doing well for you now that you've improved your gear! Nice work!

Flesh and Stone can be run in any mode you like. I like having blood mode for the long battles that I feel safe in, and I like Sand stance for taking less Attack damage from distant enemies. I personally switched that part of my build (remember I've switched from the Impale build to a different setup) to ARctic Armour instead of Flesh and Stone. But feel free to switch the Flesh and Stone stance depending on your circumstances.

Petrified Blood doesn't hurt you so the main Pantheon selection from Arakaali doesn't apply to it. Though, the "20% increased Recovery rate of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently" would apply to us.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info