Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters) (1-Button, HC SSF, Pure Item Freedom)

As I posted on the bone zombies thread, the 3.15 changes work pretty well. Ditto for RF incinerator (although it does feel less tanky and more lightweight than the old RF - need to try instilling flasks).

Possibly off-topic question here: any off-hand suggestions/ thoughts/ tips for a "Wrecker-ized" FR Totem Heirophant?

Reddit and forums/ PoE ninja seem to be at extremes. On one hand, people claim it dominates the current league even when used with some trash gear. On the other, it apparently requires soul-mantle, self-flagellation, and 2 kikizarus to work. Happy to work with the mandatory uniques (I have most of it on standard - will just need self-flag), but looking for any tips on how to create an "easy" build on this.
Last edited by SalvatoreBlack on Aug 1, 2021, 9:43:12 AM
"
Spoiler
As I posted on the bone zombies thread, the 3.15 changes work pretty well. Ditto for RF incinerator (although it does feel less tanky and more lightweight than the old RF - need to try instilling flasks).

Possibly off-topic question here: any off-hand suggestions/ thoughts/ tips for a "Wrecker-ized" FR Totem Heirophant?

Reddit and forums/ PoE ninja seem to be at extremes. On one hand, people claim it can dominate the meta even when used with some trash gear. On the other, it apparently requires soul-mantle, self-flagellation, and 2 kikizarus to work. Happy to work with the mandatory uniques (I have most of it on standard - will just need self-flag), but looking for any tips on how to create an "easy" build on this.
Always a pleasure SalvatoreBlack!

I don't thing that things will stay overpowered. Soon everything will be on the same level. I would even expect totems and trap/mines to get touched next league.

That being said though, I haven't touched the totem idea in a while. I'd have to start from scratch there. Sorry. So I don't even have anything to throw at you at this time.

On a side note, I think the RF tankiness is more that the end-game isn't completely balanced difficulty-wise. In 3.14, the RF build could handle anything. Now, despite it being the same build, we still have to be careful. So I'm putting it on the monster changes for now. It'll become more balanced as GGG keeps touching monsters league after league. Too bad though. I loved the 3.14 tankiness.

Thanks for the post.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Aug 2, 2021, 6:29:45 PM
I haven't played any totems yet, so trying out an FR totems with whatever gear I happen to have hoarded in SSF is on the list. Although so are 8 other builds based on wanting to try a playstyle and/or wanting to build around a particular bright idea/unique that dropped. Will probably try them all, at least to the end of act 10. Also helpful for getting quicker at getting through the campaign and training myself to ignore mobs and ignore loot.
Minor issue with the filter, some (all?) of the heist equipment is being hidden. The one I just noticed as hidden was a rare 'foxhide sole'
"
sanaba_s wrote:
Spoiler
Minor issue with the filter, some (all?) of the heist equipment is being hidden. The one I just noticed as hidden was a rare 'foxhide sole'
Nice find sanaba_s!

Thanks for bringing it to my attention! It would/wouldn't be an issue depending on what AreaLevel you were in when the 'foxhide sole' dropped. I don't expect you to remember of course, so I've made sure that things are the way they are supposed to be since your post.

I've made Heist gear show/hide just like our gear. So when a replacement is available, only the best version will show. So the Eelskin Sole will show until AreaLevel 75 with the Foxhide starts dropping. The Foxhide Sole gets hidden once the Winged Sole starts dropping at AreaLevel 80. And the Winged will stop showing at 83 to make way for the Silkweave Sole.

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Rogue%27s_equipment#Agility

So if it wasn't working as such, for sure I'll figure it out.

And just because this may be as designed, doesn't mean it's a good design. So for sure let me know your preferences in all filter things. The more feedback I get the better.

Thanks for the report! Hopefully, the filter is doing well outside of this.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"

I've made Heist gear show/hide just like our gear. So when a replacement is available, only the best version will show. So the Eelskin Sole will show until AreaLevel 75 with the Foxhide starts dropping. The Foxhide Sole gets hidden once the Winged Sole starts dropping at AreaLevel 80. And the Winged will stop showing at 83 to make way for the Silkweave Sole.

Didn't know the heist gear had levels like that. My guess would be level 72-73 heist, as I was doing all of those I had to get coins for grand heist unlocking, but given what you've written, I assume it was a level 80, maybe one of the green scripted ones.

"
And just because this may be as designed, doesn't mean it's a good design. So for sure let me know your preferences in all filter things. The more feedback I get the better.

Because so little heist gear drops, and because it drops only in heists (I think?), I'd prefer if all the heist gear showed up regardless of level. I haven't done a huge number of heists, but I have done enough to pay for 2 grand heists, and with 9 options x 5? gear slots each, I've got maybe 5 of those 45 filled. So even if I'm in a level 83 heist and a level 70 bit drops, it's still an upgrade over the empty slot that most of the rogues have.

"

Yep. Seems to be working well, definite fan of it overall. There are minor things I'd change for me, like highlighting particular bases that can potentially be chanced into very useful uniques. But that'll be different for everyone, and I don't really know which uniques I should be trying for with chance orbs anyway.

I did a level 84? logbook expedition, which was my first foray into levels that high, as my delving is still at level 79 mobs, and t13 maps are the highest I've done so far. Things changed significantly with the filter colours/preferences, I thought there'd been a big update I hadn't noticed. Seemed like some normal bases got highlighted there in white that were hidden at lower levels, e.g. corsair sword.

Personal preference there would be for the lower level currency to not get hidden once you make that transition. Again not a huge amount of it drops, so it doesn't clutter the screen, and I'd prefer to have the option to easily grab it if I'm not charging through, or to simply ignore it if I am. Same for quality/leveled gems, I've had level 20 gem or 10% quality gems be hidden, though that's not a big deal because they really only drop in bunches from strongboxes/expedition chests, so easy to hold alt and see what's there.

Overall, if the filter is aimed at least partly at beginners, I'd maybe go with hiding stuff once the gear two levels better starts dropping. Because this beginner hasn't upgraded gear very well, so it's quite possible if something has new tier at level 70, and I run that and have the level 65 tier drop, that it'll still be a potential upgrade because I still have the level 60 tier on and haven't found anything better with nice prefix/suffix, and because as a beginner, I haven't been utilising crafting options to improve without relying on lucky drops.
Last edited by sanaba_s on Aug 10, 2021, 12:34:58 AM
"
sanaba_s wrote:
Spoiler
"

Didn't know the heist gear had levels like that. My guess would be level 72-73 heist, as I was doing all of those I had to get coins for grand heist unlocking, but given what you've written, I assume it was a level 80, maybe one of the green scripted ones.

"

Because so little heist gear drops, and because it drops only in heists (I think?), I'd prefer if all the heist gear showed up regardless of level. I haven't done a huge number of heists, but I have done enough to pay for 2 grand heists, and with 9 options x 5? gear slots each, I've got maybe 5 of those 45 filled. So even if I'm in a level 83 heist and a level 70 bit drops, it's still an upgrade over the empty slot that most of the rogues have.

"

Yep. Seems to be working well, definite fan of it overall. There are minor things I'd change for me, like highlighting particular bases that can potentially be chanced into very useful uniques. But that'll be different for everyone, and I don't really know which uniques I should be trying for with chance orbs anyway.

I did a level 84? logbook expedition, which was my first foray into levels that high, as my delving is still at level 79 mobs, and t13 maps are the highest I've done so far. Things changed significantly with the filter colours/preferences, I thought there'd been a big update I hadn't noticed. Seemed like some normal bases got highlighted there in white that were hidden at lower levels, e.g. corsair sword.

Personal preference there would be for the lower level currency to not get hidden once you make that transition. Again not a huge amount of it drops, so it doesn't clutter the screen, and I'd prefer to have the option to easily grab it if I'm not charging through, or to simply ignore it if I am. Same for quality/leveled gems, I've had level 20 gem or 10% quality gems be hidden, though that's not a big deal because they really only drop in bunches from strongboxes/expedition chests, so easy to hold alt and see what's there.

Overall, if the filter is aimed at least partly at beginners, I'd maybe go with hiding stuff once the gear two levels better starts dropping. Because this beginner hasn't upgraded gear very well, so it's quite possible if something has new tier at level 70, and I run that and have the level 65 tier drop, that it'll still be a potential upgrade because I still have the level 60 tier on and haven't found anything better with nice prefix/suffix, and because as a beginner, I haven't been utilising crafting options to improve without relying on lucky drops.
That's awesome feedback sanaba_s! Thank you!

It's a constant fine-tuning for sure. I'll be thinking lots about your comments and suggestions. I'm sitting down to do some filter work as we speak so it's really good timing. Thanks for the great response! It really is helpful!

Annnnnd

Thinking more, would maybe also give the heist gear smaller text (like the wisdom/portal scrolls once you've levelled up a bit) and definitely its own colour. So less clutter even if a lot does drop, and more obvious that here is something different to look at, I'm sure I've left heist gear behind simply because I didn't recognise/notice the name.

Hi,

i would love to play your RF Chieftain build, due to the nerf of RF, do you think you will update your guide to 3.16's passive tree...?

I have found an inquisitor RF+Scorching ray build but with only the PoB.

Thank you for your guides, i played Bone Zombie last league and it was funny !

I'm a new player (macos user), i started in heist league.

See ya,

Nico, from Belgium
"
Spoiler
Hi,

i would love to play your RF Chieftain build, due to the nerf of RF, do you think you will update your guide to 3.16's passive tree...?

I have found an inquisitor RF+Scorching ray build but with only the PoB.

Thank you for your guides, i played Bone Zombie last league and it was funny !

I'm a new player (macos user), i started in heist league.

See ya,

Nico, from Belgium
Hey Nico! Mac hey? Nice!

My 3.16 RF guide can be found here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3187518. It's been a ton of fun to go through all of the new options. So cool.

Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you liked the Bone Zombie build. Hopefully, this build is just as enjoyable for you.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info