[3.14] Spirit Walker | CI Charged Dash HOWA Scion | All Content

Finally converted over to full es. Now to work on replacing all my temp gear.

Enjoying it so far.

Had some problems up to this point including the charged dash randomly teleporting me when I still was holding down the button but that seems to have stopped happening for some reason as I changed out my setups.
www.twitch.tv/ikon_sc
Last edited by soullogik on Dec 27, 2019, 1:07:39 PM
I think this happens when you're getting "mini-stunned". Then channeling gets interrupted and you port to your spell-destination.
"
soullogik wrote:

Had some problems up to this point including the charged dash randomly teleporting me when I still was holding down the button but that seems to have stopped happening for some reason as I changed out my setups.

This happens when u don't have enough mana to cast Charged Dash so it ends automatically or u just simply get stunned. Solutions:
1. Take clarity
2. Mana regeneration on items/tree
3. Mana leech on items/tree
4. Mana cost of channeling skills
5. Stun immunity is must have in channeling skills.

@loczek123 Can't wait for ur upgrade. I see ur character already has total different tree, can I use it or this is still in progress? Again I really recommend u to use Wave of Conviction instead Ball Lightning/Storm Brand.

Already have 7 awaken level of atlas, short casts of CD around metamorph seems to be the best strategy for them, cause usually I'm not able to facetank them.

Pretty solid build with decent clear speed, but still dieing on endgame bosses like catarina, cortex and even elder/shaper guardians sometimes - my other builds in past never had so much issue with them, maybe its because bosses boost in 3.9 dunno.

Take a look of new influenced mods, especially Hunter influence on helmet which can give (9-10)% Intelligence. I tried Dense + Metallic (-9% light res to nearby enemies) + Sanctified (higher mod tiers). Hard to get all what I want, but will keep trying. Intrinsic Catalyst should be used on Astramentis, but also perf (15% attributes) Cyclopean Coil, which in a result of 20% quality will give extra 3% intelligence. After this u can try ur rng and go to temple for double corrupt (or just vaal orb). RNG was with me (yes, catalyst will work also on implicit corrupted mods):

but still can make better. :)
Last edited by pritus90 on Dec 28, 2019, 5:24:17 AM
"
rozakk wrote:
Curious would this build work with just 1 howa and a shield or would the dps be gimped too much?

It will work, but the loss of dps will be huge, mainly due to %Int and attack speed (dual wield bonus and more dex), the profit will not be huge so I don't recommend it.

"

As @ pritus90 wrote, this may be a mana problem, but it can also be:
- Allways Attack without moving - must be selected, this problem may occur if it is not.
- Freeze / Stun - when we are immobilized this problem also occurs, in the tree we have stun immunity, you need to watch out for freeza, flask for it is the basis.
- using a non-instant skill while channeling (totem for example)

"
@loczek123 Can't wait for ur upgrade. I see ur character already has total different tree, can I use it or this is still in progress? Again I really recommend u to use Wave of Conviction instead Ball Lightning/Storm Brand.

yes the character is ready it's much more tanky without a big loss of dps just have to implement it in the guide (it seems to me that after celebrating the new year, now I go to my family home with my wife and daughter :) ).

I use Storm Brand for one reason, let's face it, we don't need a curse on trash, we need it for longer fights and storm brand is incredibly effective because it leaves 3 brands on the ground and I'm practically sure that the boss is cursed, he doesn't need to hit like other skills because brand is lying on the ground and he will jump on the target himself. Of course, using other skills is also cool if someone prefers a different solution.

"
Pretty solid build with decent clear speed, but still dieing on endgame bosses like catarina, cortex and even elder/shaper guardians sometimes - my other builds in past never had so much issue with them, maybe its because bosses boost in 3.9 dunno.

Yes, because of boost bosses in 3.9, build was created in 3.7 and as you can see in the old videos it never had survival problems even on fights like Uber Elder. That's why it forced me to play with talents and skills in the current form you can feel a huge difference, Enfeeble aura + Fortyfy + Dread Banner are doing the job, I also added a small wheel increasing leech, it's also worth having a Vaal Discipline. We rely on Leech and sometimes when it gets warm it is worth running a Vaal Discipline and break through instead of running away. I will not say that I do not die because it happens but it is not often but when I read forums and guild chat it is rather a global observation.

"
Take a look of new influenced mods, especially Hunter influence on helmet which can give (9-10)% Intelligence. I tried Dense + Metallic (-9% light res to nearby enemies) + Sanctified (higher mod tiers). Hard to get all what I want, but will keep trying. Intrinsic Catalyst should be used on Astramentis, but also perf (15% attributes) Cyclopean Coil, which in a result of 20% quality will give extra 3% intelligence. After this u can try ur rng and go to temple for double corrupt (or just vaal orb). RNG was with me (yes, catalyst will work also on implicit corrupted mods):

yes I will probably try to craft some helmet for % int, but it's not now, mine is very good when it comes to ES and it will be hard for me to do better. Oh mom, this belt is amazing which you have, I am jealous :D

happy New Year!
Would it be too difficult to use a different skill, like cyclone?
"

Would it be too difficult to use a different skill, like cyclone

no. I switched from charged dash to cyclone with this build. I prefer it
How far can this build progress on a budget? Will it be capable of clearing t16s on a 5ex budget or something? I can't progress past t12s with my ranger, so I'm looking for something that doesn't require a 50ex investment in order to be viable

EDIT: I just went ahead and tried the build out and I'm liking the feel of it. Unfortunately I didn't read the updates in the thread and followed the old gem/tree setup, so I'll have to fix that up. The gear is also fairly cheap to start out. I only spent around 1.5-2ex for my current setup. Ignore the crafted res—I was having trouble with capping it out early on. Quite a fun build though
Last edited by WhiteVodka on Jan 1, 2020, 7:43:30 AM
I really can't wait for any updates you have planned! This build ended up being one of my favorite lightning set ups so far and got me the furthest I've been in the game, even got me to try out trading for once!

I did the update I was talking about, I think everything is now valid in the first post.
thanks! how do you sustain mana on no regen maps? its a very common mod.
almost tempted to go elementalist instead of occultist too because ele reflect is such a common mod but the lack of stun immunity makes that tough

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info