The Innocent Hideout

"
Zillion wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
To all those saying this should be farmable in game - if you expect even purely cosmetic items to be available for free, then how the hell do you expect the developers to make any money? What difference does it being in game already make? It's still a 100% cosmetic only product. If you don't think it's worth it, don't buy it. Your gameplay won't change.

To answer your question about how some might expect developers to make money? They could always sell controlling interest in their company to some else.

Oh wait they did that. Don't think your defending some small start up anymore.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147313 They make plenty of money. And they are no longer the they you think they are. The they you refer to is no longer in charge. GGG, sold controlling interest.
Loss of controlling interest means the Developers no longer have the final say. Any statements made saying otherwise are just hopeful thinking. If you like supporting China then by all means share your money with Tencent. Just be mindful of what your "support" is really supporting: The Communist Party of China.

Read my post again. Do you see me arguing that this mtx is okay cos GGG is some small indie company? No? Well then don't try putting words into my mouth. My position is irrelevant of who the money is going to. Cos it's an argument about the product itself, not the virtues or lack thereof of the company who made it.

As for selling interest in their company - that is not a business model. Whoever the company is, and whoever they've sold it to, selling company shares is nothing more than a way to raise short-term capital that is invested into more sustainable revenue generation methods. You're being both asinine and silly.

Lastly no, my money is supporting Tencent. And, quite frankly, I'd rather support them than EA or Activision - both companies from ye good olde US of A that have done far more harm to the industry. I have better things to do than indulge your xenophobic hatred of a country that's invaded far far far fewer nations than the one whose industries get by without such suspicions being tossed at them left, right and centre - never mind that the money itself goes to the company's owners and employees, not the govt. ('cept as taxes).
reminder that GGG is no longer a small indie company after tencent "one of the world's most valuable technology companies" bought part of the game, every single price it's just obscene at this point..

sure, as I've mentioned before back in your dinosaurs days (alpha/beta) they needed money.. they got it the game grow and now they keep throwing this kind of prices for things with absolute ZERO effort and expect to be rewarded for it.. they are taking you for a fool..

"bUt iTs cOsmEtIc dOnT bUy iT iF yOu dOnT lIkE"

oh so you're willing to pay $30 for something without effort? want me to sell you bottled air from the space? it's from the space trust me, it took me effort to get there it's totally possible too..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Jul 22, 2019, 10:09:46 PM
Who the hell prices these things? They're all over the place, jesus.
Dude what the fuck GGG, you gave out Sunspire Hideout for free with a supporter pack and now you release same-scale stuff for a price even higher than that?

These are a huge disappointment. Not going to buy them even if they go on a sale at some point. I play SSF anyway, so whom do I show it to in the first place?
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Nosferat wrote:
I remember a time when more quality of life improvements were advertised, instead of constant, monetization things.

You mean like the stacking fossils post they made 3 hours before this one?

After months and months and months of people asking for stackable fossils and resonators? Wow, what an achievement. Thank goodness we have thousands of mtx to chose from,we barely got to fossil stacking,still no resonator stacking.

By this logic,we will have stackable resonators next year,after at least 50 new hideouts for 30-50$.
Last edited by Nosferat on Jul 23, 2019, 4:12:36 AM
"
Nosferat wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Nosferat wrote:
I remember a time when more quality of life improvements were advertised, instead of constant, monetization things.

You mean like the stacking fossils post they made 3 hours before this one?

After months and months and months of people asking for stackable fossils and resonators? Wow, what an achievement. Thank goodness we have thousands of mtx to chose from,we barely got to fossil stacking,still no resonator stacking.

By this logic,we will have stackable resonators next year,after at least 50 new hideouts for 30-50$.

Actually, that same post mentioned that stackable (empty) resonators are coming. Also, you have no idea what they had to go through, coding wise, to make those things a reality.

You also missed the point that I made. It had nothing to do with the content of the QOL post, it had everything to do with the fact that it specifically undermined your contention that they only post MTX stuff and not QOL stuff.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:

Actually, that same post mentioned that stackable (empty) resonators are coming. Also, you have no idea what they had to go through, coding wise, to make those things a reality.

You also missed the point that I made. It had nothing to do with the content of the QOL post, it had everything to do with the fact that it specifically undermined your contention that they only post MTX stuff and not QOL stuff.

So they had to sell their livers to make this happen, is that what your overly exaggerated response was about?

Given how much time and resources is wasted on constant MTX offers that a lot of people can do without, one would expect them to listen to the fanbase and act firstly on what the people playing this game want.

Oh and on your last point,nice strawman, but that just won't work on me. If you read again carefully, what I SPECIFICALLY wrote, was " I remember a time when more quality of life improvements were advertised, instead of constant, monetization things."

I never,ever,ever,ever,ever mentioned that they only post MTX stuff. You might try a second monocle and read again.
Last edited by Nosferat on Jul 23, 2019, 1:16:11 PM
Looks pretty good.
I have to agree though, pricing doesn't make sense to me either.
I don't think there is anything wrong with MTX in a free to play game, even more when those aren't pay to win. That being said, given the sheer amount of cosmetic changes available, prices could really be at least 30% lower than what they are now. The transcendence armor pack costs $85, the wings alone cost 65 bucks, and the majority of cosmetics cost between 15 and 50 bucks.

Come on, make more stuff unlockable through in-game achievements / challenges or lower your prices a bit. I have bought every major pack the past year and a half (Kitava, dominator, crucible) because I think your game is exceptional and no other entertains me as much, but I think mtx are getting out of hand.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info