The Innocent Hideout

design more map device variations...two is already boring.
"
Exile009 wrote:
To all those saying this should be farmable in game - if you expect even purely cosmetic items to be available for free, then how the hell do you expect the developers to make any money? What difference does it being in game already make? It's still a 100% cosmetic only product. If you don't think it's worth it, don't buy it. Your gameplay won't change.

Each league we get more currency and loot increasing the ever growing need for tabs. New players come in every league and to those that stay will end up needing and likely buying tabs. When GGG adds a new currency or type of loot they normally end up, at some point, adding a new tab for said loot. They also get a decent chunk from the supporter pack purchases.

Point is, they make a lot off what they already have. Rehashing assets and selling them back to players just seems lame when you consider those other lucrative methods of making money which they already have.
en vez de andar sacando cada dia estos hideouts porque nosolucionan el problema con los servidores y el lag asqueroso que hay dia a dia, dejen de facturar un poco, y la mejor manera para tener adeptos al juego es justamente solucionando lso problemas del dia a dia no sacando cosmeticos, piensen un poco
Classic GGG Formula, make content once -> reskin -> reshade -> Sell again

PoE's strengths are the grind and the insane amount of gearing and min maxing, i get it BUT that doesn't mean i wouldn't like for the game to feel and look nicer, the only exciting thing about mapping are the drops but other than that there's not much going on (no real gameplay events that force you to be on the edge of your seat, everything goes poof, no beautiful surroundings)

Chris' talk on GDC opened my Eyes to this and i can't unsee it. All i can say is it makes for a visually very boring game... Get to maps, essentially farm the same stuff you've played through in story mode or a reskinned version of it (even worse, people with a min-maxed shaped map atlas almost exclusively run one or a couple of maps).

There are no "Damn this is cool" moments". I would like GGG to change their views on stuff like that bc i think what Chris said at GDC about other Developers "wasting" content by implementing stuff like day and night cycles and not reusing the same tilesets with different a different colour is plain WRONG. Make visually unique stuff, it's not wasted content, it's quality and adds to the feel of the game. Primordial Blocks was a good start: a new interesting boss, refreshing asthetic, everybody that enters that map for the first time is almost confused since it's so original.

But here we are, another Cash Grab H/O and there's alot more to come i guess, so many untapped tilesets i just can't wait /s
Last edited by B4umi on Jul 22, 2019, 9:43:01 AM
We already have 5 paid hideouts, more free hideouts when?
"
Streamlife wrote:
en vez de andar sacando cada dia estos hideouts porque nosolucionan el problema con los servidores y el lag asqueroso que hay dia a dia, dejen de facturar un poco, y la mejor manera para tener adeptos al juego es justamente solucionando lso problemas del dia a dia no sacando cosmeticos, piensen un poco

For those who wonder what he tried to say: My internet is bad, its GGG fault.

On the other hand, making some profit out off cosmetics- H/o's is pretty much fine, is not like they force anybody to get em, as well as the amount of free h/o's with a nice layout is decent, giving a plus for those who can or want to pay is absolutely fine. I don't have a deep game world knowledge as many here, but I'm sure this is almost the only game that makes a patch so often that they deserve to make more $$$.
This one triggers my PTSD from the impossible Innocence fight
$30 seems like an awful lot for a hideout that's just... one... room (and that's not including how it's just a copy and paste of an existing location in the game)

Well, at least it's a pretty location, I guess.
Lool can I have twilight strand HO plees?
i pay less than $30 for a room like this irl.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info