The Innocent Hideout

"
webas wrote:
"
Vetrinus wrote:
Why community is so mad about it? What bad if anyone can live in boss arena? There is huge amount of great free hideouts, what's wrong if GGG reuse game locations to get money? No efforts, 30$, nothing obligatory, nothing pay-to-win. Why not? GGG should be an example for all other game developers. Good job!

Id rather buy each expansion for 30usd - this is what any other devs would charge for it. And get tons of free stuff like this. Yes, other devs would give out hideouts like this for free when you kill boss.

Most of the game developers use that of kind monetization, though.

You pay 30$ for content (game, dlc etc), play it and realise it is shit.

I, instead, play game, and if I enjoy it, I can support nice game developers with donation buying all these cosmetic stuff.

This is how developers shall monetize their products, especially art (like games, films, books et cetera) in my opinion, because shit content shall not be paid. Consumers shall be paid for using shit content.
Last edited by Vetrinus on Jul 22, 2019, 2:33:26 AM
"
Viktranka wrote:
WTB outdoor nighttime hideout a la Dark Thicket / Spider Forest map.

Would love to have a Thicket HO gib plz

I like this one though, it has decent light levels, it's small, and there's like 3 or 4 other HO's you can steal stuff from to decorate it nicely.

Also appreciate not having crap molded into place so you can't move it around. *glares at reef rocks on coral hideout and cemetery gates in Unearthed*
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
aoneaone wrote:
Recent hideouts:

Glimmerwood: 370pts, big, several areas, semi-unique art.
Eclipsed: 175pts, small, unique timeswap mechanic.
Corrupted: 280pts, 3 small rooms (unique in having doors?)
Innocent: 295pts, medium room, nothing unique.

I'm fine with it being a cash thing, but the prices make no sense at all.

Hi, i agree. But I can imagine, that's the price-calculation especially for this hideout is relativ to the generell high prices for »exclusive« inncocent-stuff. However: I would wish, that hideouts which are already implemented as a map/arena and doesn't have much additional extras/art, should be farmable in the game/challange/race. But i would also spent a small amount of points, if necessary.

Greetings

"
[Removed by Support]

even giving 5 is too much just like the "corrupted" HO.

$2 for that HO and corrupted as courtesy.

it's just another quick cash grab before they somehow release the fossil tab..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
I remember a time when more quality of life improvements were advertised, instead of constant, monetization things.

What is this? A mobile game or something? And don't come with the old and laughable argument of "they have to make money somehow", because they aren't starving,the game company is not on it's last legs.

The staff at GGG is not out begging in the streets so they just have to keep pumping one mtx after the other. This smells too much of Tencent and their agressive monetization, the chinese market is flooded with this crap.

When was the last time that 3 whole days passed without something not being advertised for the shop? Either a portal effect,a hideout, a weapon effect,some wings....etc. And instead of those monetizations we got quality of life improvements? I seem to recall that thing was years ago.

Why not make 2 separate games at this stage? As the shop has grown extremely in the last years. Make path of exile the game, and make path of exile the lootbox game,with constant character effects,hideouts,more and more gamble mechanics,etc. So you can have 1 for playing,and 1 for just monetization.
Last edited by Nosferat on Jul 22, 2019, 4:54:49 AM
I've just spent the last month of this season farming the in-game Hideouts; I just have the Shaper Hideout left, and I don't think I have the strength to farm that one right now. So as someone with 99% of the hideouts, and currently farming Favor, this is my 2 cents.

Honestly, I don't mind paying for cosmetic items, even hideouts, but the prices on the ones released lately have been crazy insane. 30 bucks for a 1 room hideout that's no different than the encounter? WHAT!?

Sure I can say that, and yet I'm still going to buy this Hideout. If anything I am a massive hypocrite. But I'm not too happy about it.

I understand the need for the developers to make money, but seriously they must already make money off the unobtainable cosmetic appearances and effects. For example the new Vampiric Portal is roughly 15 euros and I'm sure hundreds and hundreds of people have already sucked it up (forgive the pun!).

The ones in-game have given me something to farm for and keep playing when I was just not really wanting to "map" or "farm the new encounters". Now I've run out of them to farm (besides Shaper).

Some more of these "almost literally, if not literally no change to the area hideouts" like Eclipsed, Corrupted, and now Innocent seem like a perfect farmable hideout for people in-game, while ones that have more "not in the game" stuff like Glimmerwood with it's house I'm perfectly fine with being on the cash-shop.

So in conclusion, while I'm all for more hideouts; please consider separating future hideouts into in-game & store mounts based on the effort you've had to take with creating them. It'd be a massive boost to the morale of people who're into hideouts (not that I speak for everyone, of course!).

(and add the unobtainable Decorations like the Vaal Seal from the Corrupted Hideout to the Favor vendors, thanks!)
GGG ... GAME MUST BE ZOOM OUT A LITTLE ... TO PREVENT OFFSCREEN SLAUGHTER ... PLEASE CONSIDER IT ...GREETS
ZoneTripper
Why pay for regions that alreay exist in the game - they just copy and area and add a wp....come on mates be more....something at least...cause u are putting absolutley NOTHING, NO WORK into doing this...and u ask for money ? :))))))))))

Make it a challenge/achievement or hard to get ho like celestial....

Or change the aspect of it so it stands out it actually got some attention in the making and took time and work to do so...
🎥 Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/unga___bunga
🟢 SC League Thread - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576251
🟢 STD SC PoG SHOP - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2936410
🔴 Ribs - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9OJed57srnoXRP46QRznSw
Will this music from the video play in this hideout?
[Removed by Support]
only one small room no thanks !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info