[3.15] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Cheap league starter and strong endgame farmer. No required items.

"
Yanice wrote:
Hi all,

Is there any particular annointment that we should go for? Given that we pathed to Fatal Blade.

Will Discipline and Training be a good choice?

Tenacity will be best if you can get it on a good amulet.

"
Bauab wrote:

2- For me so far the difficulty level of the boss fights has been
Kosis (20th wave) > Sirus (8) > Uber Atziri > Sirus (6) > Catarina > Sirus (4) > Shaper > Kurgal > Elder > Atziri

As swaes clarified, Kosis indeed needs to not have some unlucky rolls to be killable. I tried again today and killed him on level 20 without much trouble, just one death.

He was a lot less juiced than the first time I found him, it was nice to finally complete the 20th wave.

The Cheap version of the Build on PoB shows this jewel.
What is Slayer Culling Strike Fix?
20% more Damage? There is no Jewel with #% more damage.

A real example(Jewel Screenshot) would probably help newbies like me.

Thanks
evolving..
"
sidstar wrote:

The Cheap version of the Build on PoB shows this jewel.
What is Slayer Culling Strike Fix?
20% more Damage? There is no Jewel with #% more damage.

A real example(Jewel Screenshot) would probably help newbies like me.

Thanks

Slayers node Bane of Legends executes any enemy below 20% hp so we treat it as doing 20% more damage. The fix on this jewel is a manual input because POB doesnt calculate it baseline.
I finally completed my main goals of this game thanks to this build. I thought (with family and job) I would never have time in my life again to play this, but due to the pandemic and shutdown of my country I was able to spend all at home for the past 50 days.

I tried to play a cyclone build back when I had time in 2015, but at that time the game had a serious issue with desync which ruined it for me. Glad this was eventually fixed and here are some key points from my experience:

- This is by far the most fun build I played, I tried before some Ice arrow, Lightning arrow, Incinerate but nothing is as fun to play as this. The ability to attack while moving is very satisfying.

- The Saviour indeed lives up to its name, get this weapon as soon as you can afford it, having the clones hitting bosses after you died for a lot of damage can be very helpful.

- Every boss can be killed with this build, some in a sloppy way but I just did Uber Elder and Sirus level 8 for the first time today.

- You stop spinning, you die. This build is great but I died countless times doing quick stuff like picking up items or leveling up a gem. You think it's safe and you're dead in a second, especially when something explodes.

- The clearing speed is amazing, I can steamroll anything quickly on juiced maps and constantly get 30+ shards per run.

Thanks a lot for writing this guide!
I allocated the first 100 points according to the path of building tree, what is the better allocation order for the next 21 points? It is my fist time playing the game, as leveling gets harder probably I will not get all the 21 remaining points so I need to know what to do first. Thanks!
"
matmoraes wrote:
I allocated the first 100 points according to the path of building tree, what is the better allocation order for the next 21 points? It is my fist time playing the game, as leveling gets harder probably I will not get all the 21 remaining points so I need to know what to do first. Thanks!

You should make your character public, so I can see where you are on the passive tree so far.
What would you guys recommend here?

I have this sword (345dps) to be replaced

And these flasks

If I replace the sword I'll need 40-50ex to get something with 550dps.

or

Get Bottled Faith which would cost me under 18ex.

I heard Bottled Faith is great for high end bosses which would be really helpful. I die a lot and would be great to be able to melt them faster.
So, first thing, thanks a ton for this guide. I've used it for my third character this league and is the one I'm having the most fun with by far (playing on PS4, so cyclone is even better here). I've gotten to what I think is a pretty decent point, around 5M shaper DPS according to POB, after switching to champion (pretty much just ascendancy to get a bit more tankiness and the impale bonuses). This is my current state:

https://pastebin.com/6qGKEUsW

(Character name is Ora_Ora_Ora and my profile is public if you prefer to look there)

I got a few good drops in a row and ended up with a few 10's of exalts to my name, so I was wondering if you could guide me a bit on what you think my next upgrades would be? To give you an idea, 450+ pdps foils, saviours and well rolled paradoxicas are all at least ~15-20ex on PS4 (I have around 40 right now). I also have this half-way through crafted chest:

Which I could try to metacraft for a better life roll (lock suffixes, scour, block armor, slam, repeat, each round being 3-4ex). According to POB this +1.5% crit (after I divine it) would give me around ~15% dps, and if I get lucky I could get a better life roll. Do you think it would be worth rolling? There's nothing similar in the PS4 market right now, and things with pretty low life rolls are already 15ex+

I will very likely continue this char in standard as I feel it still has a lot of potential, so I don't mind expending most of my currency on it.
Last edited by deibyz on May 14, 2020, 12:20:03 PM
"
deibyz wrote:
So, first thing, thanks a ton for this guide. I've used it for my third character this league and is the one I'm having the most fun with by far (playing on PS4, so cyclone is even better here). I've gotten to what I think is a pretty decent point, around 5M shaper DPS according to POB, after switching to champion (pretty much just ascendancy to get a bit more tankiness and the impale bonuses). This is my current state:

https://pastebin.com/6qGKEUsW

(Character name is Ora_Ora_Ora and my profile is public if you prefer to look there)

I got a few good drops in a row and ended up with a few 10's of exalts to my name, so I was wondering if you could guide me a bit on what you think my next upgrades would be? To give you an idea, 450+ pdps foils, saviours and well rolled paradoxicas are all at least ~15-20ex on PS4 (I have around 40 right now). I also have this half-way through crafted chest:

Unavailable

Which I could try to metacraft for a better life roll (lock suffixes, scour, block armor, slam, repeat, each round being 3-4ex). According to POB this +1.5% crit (after I divine it) would give me around ~15% dps, and if I get lucky I could get a better life roll. Do you think it would be worth rolling? There's nothing similar in the PS4 market right now, and things with pretty low life rolls are already 15ex+

I will very likely continue this char in standard as I feel it still has a lot of potential, so I don't mind expending most of my currency on it.

I would honestly go straight for a Saviour as your first purchase. It's incredibly strong and even at 20ex it's most likely your biggest bang for your buck. Replace your Pandemonium Beak with it and recraft your main hand to have crit/quality instead of accuracy/quality, you dont need accuracy as Champion anymore.

Getting an abyss jewel with onslaught on kill will be very nice for clearspeed but the one you already have has good stats so it's up to you.

You have a small pathing error next to Herbalism, if you take the bottom route instead next to Arrow Dancing you save 1 skill point.

And finally I wouldnt personally metacraft the chest with your current economy since you can very easily spend 20+ ex and potentially not even get your current life roll back. Another quite risky option is simply to recraft it with fossils, no idea how cost efficient that is on PS4 however.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info