[3.15] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Cheap league starter and strong endgame farmer. No required items.

How i can upgrade My dps 50k.
"
Bauab wrote:
What would you guys recommend here?

I have this sword (345dps) to be replaced

And these flasks

If I replace the sword I'll need 40-50ex to get something with 550dps.

or

Get Bottled Faith which would cost me under 18ex.

I heard Bottled Faith is great for high end bosses which would be really helpful. I die a lot and would be great to be able to melt them faster.

I'm sure it will be controversial with others but I don't think Bottled Faith is worth it. I saved for it, bought it last week and honestly the effects are underwhelming. During mapping it's mostly useless as we move so fast anyway that you barely stay on the consecrated ground for extra regen and most of the mobs die quickly. Against the bosses it gave some noticeable improvement but not worth 20+ex I believe unless you have upgraded everything else already - I think woke gems, cinderswallow with crit, perfect amulet with annoint and monster pdps foil should go first but it all depends on your personal progress and opinion.
"
TheFFy wrote:

My POB is actually showing your DPS at 150k if I include cluster jewel - you are probably missing POB Fork to calculate impale or didn't tick flasks. Anyway, ditch the gloves immediately as you are actually losing huge DPS from them - they convert phys damage to cold but since we use brutality you only deal phys damage which means all that is converted is lost - you have 25% more damage without any gloves :) Spiked gloves are the best due to nice implicit but anything that has melee dmg, flat phys to attacks and attack speed + life/resists is nice.

Then try to craft/buy better amulet and annoint it with Tenacity - this is very big DPS increase that can be obtained under 1ex total considering you are buying everything.

Helm with cyclone enchant (attack speed is BiS) on armour base is around 50c and then you can craft it yourself by spamming jagged fossils.

Lastly the cluster jewel is also average - not bad but nothing to be excited about either, Deep Cuts is the big thing, ideally with 2 sockets for medium jewels but you can but Deep Cuts + Fuel the Fight/Martial Prowess and 1 socket for 2c and it's absolutely worth it.
Hi there,

Not sure what i should upgrade next? Please help. I have about 9 ex at the moment. I don't generate it very quickly.

"
ynnad wrote:
Hi there,

Not sure what i should upgrade next? Please help. I have about 9 ex at the moment. I don't generate it very quickly.

You can go for a better chest piece with Hunter/Elder crit mod since they went down in price and a better-rolled amulet with Tenacity anointment on it.

Later on, maybe go for a helmet with Elder/Shaper influence.

Your diamond ring can be a bit better though for sure.

"
LokiONY wrote:

I'm sure it will be controversial with others but I don't think Bottled Faith is worth it. I saved for it, bought it last week and honestly the effects are underwhelming. During mapping it's mostly useless as we move so fast anyway that you barely stay on the consecrated ground for extra regen and most of the mobs die quickly. Against the bosses it gave some noticeable improvement but not worth 20+ex I believe unless you have upgraded everything else already - I think woke gems, cinderswallow with crit, perfect amulet with annoint and monster pdps foil should go first but it all depends on your personal progress and opinion.

Ah too late, I got it already (and a 550dps sword too). I actually wanted something to give me a better dps against hard bosses so this flask is what I actually intended to improve. Thanks for the input anyway.
"
LokiONY wrote:
"
TheFFy wrote:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

My POB is actually showing your DPS at 150k if I include cluster jewel - you are probably missing POB Fork to calculate impale or didn't tick flasks. Anyway, ditch the gloves immediately as you are actually losing huge DPS from them - they convert phys damage to cold but since we use brutality you only deal phys damage which means all that is converted is lost - you have 25% more damage without any gloves :) Spiked gloves are the best due to nice implicit but anything that has melee dmg, flat phys to attacks and attack speed + life/resists is nice.

Then try to craft/buy better amulet and annoint it with Tenacity - this is very big DPS increase that can be obtained under 1ex total considering you are buying everything.

Helm with cyclone enchant (attack speed is BiS) on armour base is around 50c and then you can craft it yourself by spamming jagged fossils.

Lastly the cluster jewel is also average - not bad but nothing to be excited about either, Deep Cuts is the big thing, ideally with 2 sockets for medium jewels but you can but Deep Cuts + Fuel the Fight/Martial Prowess and 1 socket for 2c and it's absolutely worth it.

I can see a few other really easy upgrades you can make too.

You don't have any quality added to either of your weapons (this will increase physical damage), you could also craft qualty/crit chance to your foil in the short term until you can replace it.

You could increase your crit strike multiplier on the scaeva by recolouring your portal socket green.

Swap one of your life flasks for a silver flask.

You also have a few empty gem sockets. You could add flesh and stone (preferably in your helemet) and replace your lvl 19 precision with one locked to about lvl 2-3, just high enough to have 100% hit chance and leave you enough mana to run everything else. You can increase it further later once your enlighten hits lvl 3-4

Also, don't forget to use blessed orbs to max out the implicit modifiers on your gear, every little bit helps!
Last edited by BRDSCH75 on May 18, 2020, 10:31:04 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The guide is awesome, plenty of detail in the explanations of both the gear and the mechanics of the build.
This is only my 2nd league so still learning some of the finer points of the game. I've gone full nerd on Path of Building this time around.

Starting to feel pretty powerful after finally getting the Saviour sword yesterday. Looking to upgrade the amulet I've had since act 9, but the marketplace on PS4 is very clunky to search. If they added an option to exclude key words would definitely be helpful.

Some of my gear is still a little sloppy but slowly improving.
Currently building up some fossils to craft influenced helemet & Boots. Had a Warlord Exalted orb drop that I'm not sure whether to use or sell?

Don't think there's too many cheap upgrades left, but looking for some feedback.
(still trying to get the hang of uploading images)

https://pastebin.com/0vhZamVJ
Last edited by BRDSCH75 on May 18, 2020, 10:28:04 PM
"
BRDSCH75 wrote:
The guide is awesome, plenty of detail in the explanations of both the gear and the mechanics of the build.
This is only my 2nd league so still learning some of the finer points of the game. I've gone full nerd on Path of Building this time around.

Starting to feel pretty powerful after finally getting the Saviour sword yesterday. Looking to upgrade the amulet I've had since act 9, but the marketplace on PS4 is very clunky to search. If they added an option to exclude key words would definitely be helpful.

Currently building up some fossils to craft influenced helemet & Boots. Had a Warlord Exalted orb drop that I'm not sure whether to use or sell?

Don't think there's too many cheap upgrades left, but looking for some feedback.

We are in similar situatoin where most of the gear slots are nice and only upgrades are expensive min-max. On the glance I would say tailwind/elusive boots would be great (especially tailwind as it also increases attack speed), ideally with +16% attack speed if you killed recently enchant. Helmet with cyclone attack speed enchant is next step imho, on PC I bought samite helm base with enchant for 50c and crafter myself with jagged fossils but not sure about PS4 economy. Amulet isn't bad, you can either multimod it or slam&pray but I think Tenacity annoint will give you comparable DPS to Bladedancer and also Life increase. Lastly Watchers Eye with +2 impales is around 17% more DPS but is kinda expensive but totally worth it.
"
BRDSCH75 wrote:

Get a paradoxica with good rolls. Unless you are saving up for a 500+ pdps foil, it will probably last for a long time until you get your other stuff sorted out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info