[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Question about crafting the 10ex bow.

Do you start with a normal or rare Maraketh bow?

If you start with normal do you increase quality to 20% then use fossils to increase quality and then use the crafting bench for 18% more quality?

The 18% crafting bench recipe what is this one called I can't find it.

Thank you
"
CalmWind69 wrote:

If you start with normal do you increase quality to 20% then use fossils to increase quality and then use the crafting bench for 18% more quality?

The 18% crafting bench recipe what is this one called I can't find it.
Quality helps 6-linking so only craft quality if you don't have 6-link for example from harvest.

Also the quality craft is a veiled mod, you have to unlock it. There are 3 of them, accuracy + quality, crit + quality and attack speed + quality. It doesn't matter which one you use, just whichever costs less mats.
Thank you so much for that info. I was afraid that one would use up a suffix or prefix that I needed. :)
"
CalmWind69 wrote:
Thank you so much for that info. I was afraid that one would use up a suffix or prefix that I needed. :)
You craft quality before you do anything else. Then 6-link it. Then remove quality craft and put what you actually need on the bow.
I've been looking at making an ED/Contagion Trickster, and mostly looked at either low life with Shav's, or CI, but in both cases, wand+shield, and usually with Glancing Blows, which usually claims to be quite tanky.

Then I accidentally stumbled onto this build with a bow and all the dodge.

If anyone has played both versions, or is knowledgeable enough to answer by other means, which version is safer/tankier? Bow+MoM+dodge stuff, or wand+shield+glancing blows?

Either way, which version would you recommend to someone that hasn't really done any endgame bosses, ever, but would like to get there. Meaning, I don't really know the mechanics.
And at the moment I have perhaps 10-11ex to my name, so that is what I would be starting with.

I am leaning towards trying this build, mostly since it's very in-depth, is supposedly tanky, and provides very good guidance to progress from start to uber-endgame level of gear, but if someone thinks that I'm making a mistake, please point it out ;)
"
Yarik85 wrote:
Either way, which version would you recommend to someone that hasn't really done any endgame bosses, ever, but would like to get there. Meaning, I don't really know the mechanics.
And at the moment I have perhaps 10-11ex to my name, so that is what I would be starting with.
Personally I think going for life-based build is more beginner friendly and a bit cheaper (you don't need a shavs or other specific item, this build has a few unique pieces but you don't 100% need them when you're still gearing up, if something is price hiked at any given point there are work arounds). Also a wand build would not have a second 6-link at its disposal.

Save most of your currency on crafting a decent bow and buying empower / lvl 21 ED, these are pieces you can't really skip if you want to have acceptable dps. A lot of other items can be harvest crafted but the bow isn't much changed. And more damage = more regen from ED so less chance you'll run out of life flasks and flop.

I don't know which version is 100% "better" but I think you'll have easier time progressing through this one because you don't need to do multiple respecs that energy shield builds have to.
Why do you recommend using Wither on your totem instead of Despair? Wouldn't Despair do more damage since it reduces the target's chaos resist?
doot
"
vonflare wrote:
Why do you recommend using Wither on your totem instead of Despair? Wouldn't Despair do more damage since it reduces the target's chaos resist?

Does anyone know how this build fares in simulacrum? i'm pretty far in the build and am looking just to min max some more things and maybe get a better belt and boots.
"
Jamandang wrote:
Does anyone know how this build fares in simulacrum? i'm pretty far in the build and am looking just to min max some more things and maybe get a better belt and boots.

Simulacrum is a blast with geared enough ED.
If you can get a source of rampage and enable screenshake, then imo it's the most fun way to run it. It's actually very good xp too, assuming you don't die!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info