[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Have about 30ex into this build atm and I'm still getting one-shotted by bosses on t11. lvl 89 atm, using all flasks. So I'm gonna go with something else. Much too clunky playstyle. Good guide though, but not for me :)
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
This is a lot, one of the most popular builds right now. To be fair, the current strongest allrounder is probably storm brand hierophant atm, but let's keep it a secret...
How do you scale defenses on the archmage stormbrand build? Do you recommend any good guide for it? A friend on mine plays it but he says damage is great survivability is shit in yellow maps, even with 4k life 4k mana mom + arcane cloak. One appeal of your build is the effort put into scaling defensives not only damage, so I was wondering what can be done for a build from the other side of the tree (I played once a totem build and it had zero defenses too outside of "plant totems hide behind them").
"
kuriisu wrote:
"
Ace_007 wrote:
Hi there, I'm currently using Ziz's ED build and finding it difficult to ramp up my damage and survivability to deal with end game bosses. However, it'd be a significant investment to switch to this build I think. I just wanted to check here and see how people are doing against awakener 8 bosses etc, to help me decide if I should spend the $$ to switch or just make a new character specifically to handle bosses. Thanks all!

Build does everything, including Awakener 8, Simulacrum, full 110% IQ 5 delirium orbed t 16 maps, you name it - build does it. It does get very very pricey in the later portions tho (I've already spent about 100 ex and am still not done) but yeah, it scales really well, you become really really really hard to kill whilst dishing out pretty good damage.

And that is exactly the problem of this build. A build shouldn't cost 100 ex to do the content. From all the builds I have ever played this is the worst in terms of pure dps per ex spent.

So I tried Simulacrum and failed even though my PoB is around 700/800k ED DPS not to mention it still feels slow.

I mean the clear is great, surviv is great but that single-target makes me want to play something else. (Especially before going down the 100ex lane for a build without HH or Inspired Learning)
"
sklipnoty wrote:
"
kuriisu wrote:
"
Ace_007 wrote:
Hi there, I'm currently using Ziz's ED build and finding it difficult to ramp up my damage and survivability to deal with end game bosses. However, it'd be a significant investment to switch to this build I think. I just wanted to check here and see how people are doing against awakener 8 bosses etc, to help me decide if I should spend the $$ to switch or just make a new character specifically to handle bosses. Thanks all!

Build does everything, including Awakener 8, Simulacrum, full 110% IQ 5 delirium orbed t 16 maps, you name it - build does it. It does get very very pricey in the later portions tho (I've already spent about 100 ex and am still not done) but yeah, it scales really well, you become really really really hard to kill whilst dishing out pretty good damage.

And that is exactly the problem of this build. A build shouldn't cost 100 ex to do the content. From all the builds I have ever played this is the worst in terms of pure dps per ex spent.

So I tried Simulacrum and failed even though my PoB is around 700/800k ED DPS not to mention it still feels slow.

I mean the clear is great, surviv is great but that single-target makes me want to play something else. (Especially before going down the 100ex lane for a build without HH or Inspired Learning)

You can do sirus 8 with this build on a 10ex budget or so.
"

Currently did Sirus 5 with a budget of around 15-20 ex and it was slow and sad. I can obviously only speak for myself but 15-20 ex I could have built something that would have done the same fight in like 1/10 of the time. I don't wanna spend 10 mins kiting him around.

I never said you cannot do the content eh. It is just painfully slow.
"
sklipnoty wrote:
"

Currently did Sirus 5 with a budget of around 15-20 ex and it was slow and sad. I can obviously only speak for myself but 15-20 ex I could have built something that would have done the same fight in like 1/10 of the time. I don't wanna spend 10 mins kiting him around.

I never said you cannot do the content eh. It is just painfully slow.

I mean, just by looking at your profile, you never played something that isn't a glass cannon. There's other stats than dps, you know...

Also clear speed wise, this is better than your typical headhunter cyclone /saviour kinda build. Sure, it's not temp chains stacking, but we're trying to do all content there, not just bossskipping maps.

Yes, you can play builds that oneshot bosses. Then you don't have to care about anything else, because as long as you're oneshoting bosses it'll be fine. Is that fun for you?
Not me. PoE is a game where you farm gear to polish your character, and progress through the game. Yes, you can play arc traps, ball lightning mines or spectres, and have 20 million dps after killing kitava. We got the point, it's a sandbox, it's unbalanced.
Plus to be honest, once you invest in a tanky-clearspeed character, you're steamrolling all content. And by all I actually mean ALL, it's not "except grandmaster, oh and reflect maps too, oh and I forgot about deep delve bosses... Oh and you can't do noleech too, I'd also reroll tempchains...".

Also, dps wise, what's the point? At the end of metamorph, I was at 5.5M dps. This kills sirus 8 phases in 6 seconds, and the last phase in 15. There's a minimum of 25 seconds between each phase. So the fastest kill you can do is about 1 minute. Add the time to travel to the arena and the cutscenes at the start and the end, you're looking at almost 4 minutes to kill a sirus, from the moment you enter to the moment you exit, with a theorical infinite dps build.
With my setup, you're doing the fight in the same time, plus about 1 minute. Is that too agonizingly slow for you?
I still progressing to sirus 8, but so far im melting everything else. T16 with fog until boss is np with ED chaining several screens away. I only die if I slack and try to stand still vs 30 mobs and a boss. The more I invest the better it becomes. 1.3 mill shaper dot atm with 15 wither.

Spoiler

Tried a T15 80% delirium map now. Trash died the same speed as a regular T15... I got 2 extra bosses + map boss. Only problem I had was desecrated ground so my ES didnt regen on singletarget. If not for that the bosses would have died quick. Anyways the build is looking really strong!
Last edited by ozten on Mar 25, 2020, 1:41:12 PM
Any tips except 6-link hyrri, + 2 min endurance and enlighten lvl3? Sure the Flasks are trash atm... Couldnt beat the Wave 20 Boss in Simulacrum :/

Last edited by Benzka on Mar 21, 2020, 8:55:47 AM

=)))
I have three phones, Blizzard. Three f***ing phones.
I found this ring today and I think its good enough for me atm so I want to craft on it Minimum Endurance charge but I dont have unveiled the recipe.

Can some good soul inv me and craft for me this mod?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info