[3.9] Crit Orb of Storms Assassin - [ReWork In Progress]

"
dnates2014 wrote:
Hi, i'm not sure if I'm doing the build correctly. Can you please help me with my upgrade path? or what I should correct?

Importance:
6L (5l shroud when u have money)
Fenemus Boots
Aspect of spider *can be on any item*
Void Battery (high cast speed rare with multi will do just fine)
Helm Enchant OOS Cast Speed

"
"
JMockz wrote:
I'm thinking about running this build on PS4 Blight release tomorrow. How endgame can this build be? Thanks!

I've done all but uber elder (just never got to him) on a variation. I think it should be easier to achieve because of the ascendancy buffs. I actually think this is gonna be console friendly lol.

Thanks! Here's my gear.
"
Last edited by dnates2014 on Sep 10, 2019, 4:04:38 AM
Debating to switch over to your build from poison assassin as this one looks a lot more fun. How difficult is it to kill map bosses? And which tiers might you start struggling at?

Not looking to swap over to a complete bosser but to actually complete maps and accumulate currency faster would be pretty solid right now.
Last edited by shortstak on Sep 10, 2019, 12:07:14 PM
"
shortstak wrote:
Debating to switch over to your build from poison assassin as this one looks a lot more fun. How difficult is it to kill map bosses? And which tiers might you start struggling at?

Not looking to swap over to a complete bosser but to actually complete maps and accumulate currency faster would be pretty solid right now.

I made it to T8 maps on a 4L for Wave of conviction, OoS and, Lightning Spire Trap. Use lightning spire trap to inc. single target dps.

For a 4L lightning spire trap use supports: Trap and mine damage - elemental focus - conc effect.

This was honestly the fastest leveling build I used.

I started struggling in red maps on just the bosses but only due to difficult mods rolled on maps.

Mods on maps to try and avoid: 90% ailment avoid, if (inc. ele resists) switch in lightning pen on your OoS/Wave of conviction support.
Last edited by TerminalLife on Sep 10, 2019, 1:16:14 PM
So far i love this build because it feels amazing to nuke 100 enemys at once :D But i have a huge problem with bosses from red tier maps. Most of the time i just got one shot by them whenever i try to damage them. And i feel like my dmg sucks too for bosses even if i swap gems as u suggested in ur guide. Dunno what im missing. Atm i have 3400 HP \ 1450 energy shield. Here are my items:

"
shortstak wrote:

Funny thing you could actually not even switch and still use OOS to proc poison. One of my builds is going to be an OOS Poison builds with HoAgony.

But to your question, with decent gear and Merc lab they haven't been a problem really yet for either clear or just completion without a death. There will be times you need to stay active and evade but that should already be a given.
"
sorlix wrote:
So far i love this build because it feels amazing to nuke 100 enemys at once :D But i have a huge problem with bosses from red tier maps. Most of the time i just got one shot by them whenever i try to damage them. And i feel like my dmg sucks too for bosses even if i swap gems as u suggested in ur guide. Dunno what im missing. Atm i have 3400 HP \ 1450 energy shield. Here are my items:

Ok so theres 2 ways to go about this. If you want to do bosses, change your helm to an OOS Cast speed (preferably 30% but wait a few weeks for prices to drop and get a 20%). Get a better wand, there so be more out in the market now. Focus on Cast speed then Crit Multi then Spell Damage. Also you'll want to go buy a wise oak and make sure your Lightning Res is the highest over capped (or if you can get your cold and lightning both the same)
"
sorlix wrote:

The craft on the wand "adds lightning damage" only applies to attack skills. The craft you are looking for is "adds # lightning damage to spells". Notice to spells.

For the wand look for "+1 to level of all lightning skill" gems or get +1-2 to all spell gems.

If anyone wanted to go full DPS for bossing you can get a Shaper Base +100 Crit chance implict with "+3 to level of all lightning spell gems" and "+2 to Level of all Spell Skill Gems" With Multimod with non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage for a mirror worthy Staff. Then a lvl 4 empower in a double corrupted chest +2/+1 body armor. Oh my, the damage HA.
I was just curious I see alot of builds on poe.ninja not using tempest shield and instead just have lightning spire trap/wave of conviction for single target? Any idea why they're not using tempest shield?
"
dacamell wrote:
I was just curious I see alot of builds on poe.ninja not using tempest shield and instead just have lightning spire trap/wave of conviction for single target? Any idea why they're not using tempest shield?

Any lightning skill will work. It's just used to proc the bonus you get for casting a lightning spell inside OOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info