[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Currently giving this build a try, and was wondering if someone could point me towards some improvements to make? I've bumped all the gems up to Level 20 as I'll get there in time, just slowly leveling them all up.

I know I'll need to get a 21 HoP though I don't have 60ex+ that they are selling for on Standard, as I'm borrowing my hubby's noncorrupted one. Struggling to get a new method of money making with the nerfs to Harvest, wouldn't mind suggestions there too!

6.3K ES + 59K Armor + 1.18K ES on Block + 4.2Mil Full DPS

https://pastebin.com/g4A7t16X
Last edited by Jotz on Jul 10, 2021, 6:41:40 AM
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:
Just droping by to say hello to my man andy one of the most helpfull ppl i met in POE

Hope all is well for you brother and i wish you a great summer and great start for 3.15

Much respect

You too my friend! I hope exalts drop like candy for you in 3.15!
"
Jotz wrote:
Currently giving this build a try, and was wondering if someone could point me towards some improvements to make? I've bumped all the gems up to Level 20 as I'll get there in time, just slowly leveling them all up.

I know I'll need to get a 21 HoP though I don't have 60ex+ that they are selling for on Standard, as I'm borrowing my hubby's noncorrupted one. Struggling to get a new method of money making with the nerfs to Harvest, wouldn't mind suggestions there too!

Hello Jotz!

Things look really good with your build.

The next upgrade to get will be the helmet enchant for another sentinel. This will increase your dps nicely.

After that you can look for the corrupted chest which is another big dps increase. You want one of these corruptions:
a) +2 to all Duration Skill gems
b) +1 to all socketed gems

Please note that many of us changed the build slightly this league and have moved to a Impale version of the build. The impale version uses all the same gear but uses slightly different gems and jewels and a more efficient pathing in the tree.

With the impale version you can achieve close to 9k ES and over 6.5m DPS (this is not min maxed either, the fully min maxed versions take the numbers much higher).

If you are interested in what the impale version looks like, in case you want to make the switch, here is a POB you can look at and then ask any questions you might have.

https://pastebin.com/LaNfp0zj
"
"
Jotz wrote:

Hello Jotz!

The next upgrade to get will be the helmet enchant for another sentinel. This will increase your dps nicely.

After that you can look for the corrupted chest which is another big dps increase. You want one of these corruptions:

Please note that many of us changed the build slightly this league and have moved to a Impale version of the build. The impale version uses all the same gear but uses slightly different gems and jewels and a more efficient pathing in the tree.

With the impale version you can achieve close to 9k ES and over 6.5m DPS (this is not min maxed either, the fully min maxed versions take the numbers much higher).

If you are interested in what the impale version looks like, in case you want to make the switch, here is a POB you can look at and then ask any questions you might have.

I was wondering about that when I saw the later messages, and it doesn't seem to bad to convert over!

When it comes to the Large Cluster Jewel, I can afford Rotten Claws+Call To The Slaughter - but trying to get the third Raze and Pillage is out of my price range atm. Is it an absolute must to get? Would I be able to get a third notable there in place thats just as good? Or would it be better to simply try and save up?

I'd already have to try and save to get the Clarity watchers eye as that is quite out of my price range atm. So I suppose try and save up for both of those things before making the switch might be the better option.
"
Jotz wrote:
"
"
Jotz wrote:

Hello Jotz!

I was wondering about that when I saw the later messages, and it doesn't seem to bad to convert over!

When it comes to the Large Cluster Jewel, I can afford Rotten Claws+Call To The Slaughter - but trying to get the third Raze and Pillage is out of my price range atm. Is it an absolute must to get? Would I be able to get a third notable there in place thats just as good? Or would it be better to simply try and save up?

I'd already have to try and save to get the Clarity watchers eye as that is quite out of my price range atm. So I suppose try and save up for both of those things before making the switch might be the better option.

Raze and Pillage is good but I don't feel like it is mandatory. Rotten Claws is though as it gives the Impale chance we need in the build. Try and find another node that seems like it fits. You can always check in POB to see the effect as well of any new node you add.

I agree it is a good plan to save up. Note that the impale version needs a lot of mana reservation, including the specific helmet enchant, to work, so there might be multiple items you need to save up for before making the switch.
"

Raze and Pillage is good but I don't feel like it is mandatory. Rotten Claws is though as it gives the Impale chance we need in the build. Try and find another node that seems like it fits. You can always check in POB to see the effect as well of any new node you add.

I agree it is a good plan to save up. Note that the impale version needs a lot of mana reservation, including the specific helmet enchant, to work, so there might be multiple items you need to save up for before making the switch.

Managed to snag a Tri-Notable Large Cluster for 3ex, and have it all implemented into my current build.

https://pastebin.com/mkdFn5BD

I'm not able to run Flesh and Stone until I can get my helmet enchantment, and I still need to acquire the Watchers Eye for ES Clarity. All in all though, it isn't a downgrade in terms of DPS/ES, and its a bit more even with those missing compenents. Anything else I should keep an eye for or swap out if possible?

Thanks for all the help up until now as well, forgot to mention that previously.

Saving for the Alt Clarity too, which isn't in PoB atm.
Last edited by Jotz on Jul 10, 2021, 1:54:16 PM
"
Jotz wrote:
"

Managed to snag a Tri-Notable Large Cluster for 3ex, and have it all implemented into my current build.

https://pastebin.com/mkdFn5BD

I'm not able to run Flesh and Stone until I can get my helmet enchantment, and I still need to acquire the Watchers Eye for ES Clarity. All in all though, it isn't a downgrade in terms of DPS/ES, and its a bit more even with those missing compenents. Anything else I should keep an eye for or swap out if possible?

Thanks for all the help up until now as well, forgot to mention that previously.

Saving for the Alt Clarity too, which isn't in PoB atm.

Here are some things to consider as you move forward. You can do all of these or none. Do the ones that make the most sense to you (or that you can afford)

1) Flat ES is enormous for our build because we already have so much %increased from the tree. When looking to upgrade your jewels, always search for as much flat ES as you can afford. Take as much advantage as possible from the belt. The minion damage jewel you have in the belt is doing very little for you. You can replace that with a jewel that helps your build much more. Focus on defensive stats first as our minions do not really benefit all that much from damage stats on the jewels. If you have nothing else that fits, you can look for minion damage as a last type of stat to fill out a jewel.

2) Just to make sure, you should only be using Melee Physical Damage against the hardest bosses in your spider setup. For all other content, you should be using Melee Splash. If you are not doing that, make that change and your clearing speed will increase dramatically.

3) The build does not require two Writhing Jars. I would recommend replacing one of them with a defensive flask of your choice. I recommend one that also protects you against bleeding as this build is susceptible to DOT. (your corrupted blood immunity does not protect against regular bleed).

4) You have invested some stats into Minion Life. Our minions do not benefit from Minion life so those stats are kind of wasted in the build.

5) You have two different jewels that give you corrupted Blood immunity. You only need one of those. Replace which ever one you want and focus on stats that help our build (flat ES, flat armor, mana, int etc)

6) Your chance to Impale is kind of low at 80%. The goal is ~98% (which will help your DPS). You can do this by getting an Anomalous Impale, Divergent Dread Banner and taking the "Influence" node on the tree (you are headed there with your next 2 points)

7) Then you have all the expensive items to get when you can. The helmet enchant to allow for flesh and stone, the corrupted armor, and Awakened Multistrike. Lots and lots of DPS in this group.

8) Keep your eye out for the same large cluster you have, but with only 8 nodes. That will save you a passive tree point you can use elsewhere.

9) If you don't hate the lab too much, go back and get an enchant on your boot. A great enchantment to help with DOT is "Regenerate 2% of life per second if you were hit recently"

Hope 1 or more of those can help you out. Please respond back if you have any questions or if I was unclear.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 10, 2021, 2:48:55 PM
"

Here are some things to consider as you move forward. You can do all of these or none. Do the ones that make the most sense to you (or that you can afford)

1) Flat ES is enormous for our build because we already have so much %increased from the tree. When looking to upgrade your jewels, always search for as much flat ES as you can afford. Take as much advantage as possible from the belt. The minion damage jewel you have in the belt is doing very little for you. You can replace that with a jewel that helps your build much more. Focus on defensive stats first as our minions do not really benefit all that much from damage stats on the jewels. If you have nothing else that fits, you can look for minion damage as a last type of stat to fill out a jewel.

2) Just to make sure, you should only be using Melee Physical Damage against the hardest bosses in your spider setup. For all other content, you should be using Melee Splash. If you are not doing that, make that change and your clearing speed will increase dramatically.

3) The build does not require two Writhing Jars. I would recommend replacing one of them with a defensive flask of your choice. I recommend one that also protects you against bleeding as this build is susceptible to DOT. (your corrupted blood immunity does not protect against regular bleed).

4) You have invested some stats into Minion Life. Our minions do not benefit from Minion life so those stats are kind of wasted in the build.

5) You have two different jewels that give you corrupted Blood immunity. You only need one of those. Replace which ever one you want and focus on stats that help our build (flat ES, flat armor, mana, int etc)

6) Your chance to Impale is kind of low at 80%. The goal is ~98% (which will help your DPS). You can do this by getting an Anomalous Impale, Divergent Dread Banner and taking the "Influence" node on the tree (you are headed there with your next 2 points)

7) Then you have all the expensive items to get when you can. The helmet enchant to allow for flesh and stone, the corrupted armor, and Awakened Multistrike. Lots and lots of DPS in this group.

8) Keep your eye out for the same large cluster you have, but with only 8 nodes. That will save you a passive tree point you can use elsewhere.

9) If you don't hate the lab too much, go back and get an enchant on your boot. A great enchantment to help with DOT is "Regenerate 2% of life per second if you were hit recently"

Hope 1 or more of those can help you out. Please respond back if you have any questions or if I was unclear.

1) Most of the current jewels I have are for resistances etc, which is why I have two of the corrupted blood jewels at the moment!

2) I didn't realize that, so I would just switch to Awakened Melee for bossing? Or only hard bosses and keep Splash socketed in at all times? (Hard bosses = Crusaders, Sirius, Shaper etc?)

3) Forgot to swap one of my writhing jars out from the previous build! Thanks!

4) I actually forgot that minion life isn't that viable, thanks!

5) See point 1, but yeah only due to resistances am I running it!

6) Could you see anywhere that I could take passives out to get the Influence node earlier?

7) I managed to grab the Clarity Watchers Eye, and I'm only 3 exalts away from being able to afford a helmet with the 30% Reduced Enchant!

8) I'm not using all 9 passives on my current large cluster, would it make any difference getting it down to only 8 if I'm only currently using 8? I'm not sure how the layout would change etc!

9) I don't mind lab at all on my bleed bow glad, and not sure how it will fare currently on this build, so I'll definitely get that soon!

Appreciate all the information and time you're putting in on a random person!
"
Jotz wrote:

1) Most of the current jewels I have are for resistances etc, which is why I have two of the corrupted blood jewels at the moment!

2) I didn't realize that, so I would just switch to Awakened Melee for bossing? Or only hard bosses and keep Splash socketed in at all times? (Hard bosses = Crusaders, Sirius, Shaper etc?)

3) Forgot to swap one of my writhing jars out from the previous build! Thanks!

4) I actually forgot that minion life isn't that viable, thanks!

5) See point 1, but yeah only due to resistances am I running it!

6) Could you see anywhere that I could take passives out to get the Influence node earlier?

7) I managed to grab the Clarity Watchers Eye, and I'm only 3 exalts away from being able to afford a helmet with the 30% Reduced Enchant!

8) I'm not using all 9 passives on my current large cluster, would it make any difference getting it down to only 8 if I'm only currently using 8? I'm not sure how the layout would change etc!

9) I don't mind lab at all on my bleed bow glad, and not sure how it will fare currently on this build, so I'll definitely get that soon!

Appreciate all the information and time you're putting in on a random person!

2) I only switch out for the super hard bosses (Sirus etc). But you can test it yourself to see what works well for you

6) and 8) If you use a 8 cluster jewel, you actually only have to use 7 of the 8 nodes (see my tree for an example). So you save a point. You can use that point you save and grind out one more level to 95 and grab Influence

7) Great work!!!
I am a bit confused. Should I be using your PoB gems? Or, the gems listed in your guide?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info