[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
"
PunkSviin wrote:
You think we can use the new skill absolution instead of HoP? :D It looks amazing

It seems very similar so it should work.

It is not a Herald so we would have to make some small tree changes(specifically a cluster jewel) and see what the damage is like in POB once it is updated to get a good comparison.

Yeah i hope so! :D You think the lightning damage will scale from minion damage? Gona be realy intresting to see. I hope i can figure it out how to get it to work with this build + autocasting it somehow so you just can spin to win! :D
"
PunkSviin wrote:
"
"
PunkSviin wrote:
You think we can use the new skill absolution instead of HoP? :D It looks amazing

It seems very similar so it should work.

It is not a Herald so we would have to make some small tree changes(specifically a cluster jewel) and see what the damage is like in POB once it is updated to get a good comparison.

Yeah i hope so! :D You think the lightning damage will scale from minion damage? Gona be realy intresting to see. I hope i can figure it out how to get it to work with this build + autocasting it somehow so you just can spin to win! :D

I think it will scale from minion damage.

Don't forget that triggered skills are all getting nerfed big time in 3.15 so we have to pay careful attention to mana if we want to trigger/autocast.

In terms of how to summon the sentinels, it looks identical to me as doing so for HOP, with one extra step.

Spawn worms, kill worms, raise spiders, cast absolution and when the spiders kill something (or hit a unique), the sentinels will be summoned.

Since HOP is an aura, casting absolution is the extra step. Conversely, we may have room to add in another aura since we won't be using HOP with absolution.

It might be fun to theory craft using both HOP and Absolution together in a 5 link and see what the damage difference is to have both sentinel types active at the same time. With damage support gems all being nerfed, we need to wait for POB as this is likely to be a huge update for them to get all coded.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 18, 2021, 9:27:30 AM
"

I think it will scale from minion damage.

Don't forget that triggered skills are all getting nerfed big time in 3.15 so we have to pay careful attention to mana if we want to trigger/autocast.

In terms of how to summon the sentinels, it looks identical to me as doing so for HOP, with one extra step.

Spawn worms, kill worms, raise spiders, cast absolution and when the spiders kill something (or hit a unique), the sentinels will be summoned.

Since HOP is an aura, casting absolution is the extra step. Conversely, we may have room to add in another aura since we won't be using HOP with absolution.

It might be fun to theory craft using both HOP and Absolution together in a 5 link and see what the damage difference is to have both sentinel types active at the same time. With damage support gems all being nerfed, we need to wait for POB as this is likely to be a huge update for them to get all coded.

Exaiting! Yeah true. Ima just hope it will work so i can skip the spiders and just go all in on this one and hope the aoe and damage holds up, would be amazing autobomber with minions! :D Bring them patch notes now pls chris!
Last edited by PunkSviin on Jul 18, 2021, 5:59:11 PM
Well as expected we took some nerfs on this build. The patch notes are so over flowing with nerfs that I would guess 95% of current builds are getting hit.

From my once over review of the notes, our DPS is what will be most effected. Our defense only took some small hits, but I think it will remain viable. Whether we can kill any thing is another story :)

Impale, Ruthless, and Multistrike all got whacked (hard) so I am unsure if the Bleed or the Impale version will be better, or if we need to go in a different direction all together (like experimenting with Absolution either to replace HOP or to work along side it).

Once POB is updated with these changes, we can start doing some theory crafting.

Also, mana reservation may be a little more tricky since GGG increased the mana cost of many of the support gems in the game.

Not what I was hoping but almost every current build is going to have to dig their way through this.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 20, 2021, 8:13:05 PM
"
Also, mana reservation may be a little more tricky since GGG increased the mana cost of many of the support gems in the game.

This is a very nice build. I made one in standard, after Ultimatum, just to kill Sirus for 20 mins. And its a lot of fun this way. LOL. He cant kill me (except with his ground d.o.t. shits).

However, the mana multiplier of support gems next patch........................... jesus christ- i hope ggg won't get the fate of the fig tree.
Guys, based on how they increased the Reservation Multiplier, is this build through the herald of purity now officially dead?
Yeah, the mana reservation nerf is gonna hit hard. We're probably gonna have to go 4L HoP, and have a 6L Cyclone to compensate (apply a stronger curse, something like that). I'll look into it. But overall, yeah, we're probably gonna lose some damage, like basically every other build out there :/ But it's not gonna be dead either.
"
Vatinas wrote:
Yeah, the mana reservation nerf is gonna hit hard. We're probably gonna have to go 4L HoP, and have a 6L Cyclone to compensate (apply a stronger curse, something like that). I'll look into it. But overall, yeah, we're probably gonna lose some damage, like basically every other build out there :/ But it's not gonna be dead either.

If the mana reservation is overwhelming, I really think we should look into a direct like for like replacement of HOP with Absolution. Since Absolution is a spell, we don't have many reservation worries but it should function very similar to HOP.

It might also be worth looking at using Absolution with HOP. Since all damage supports were nerfed, using two pseudo 5 links in a 6 link setup won't be as punishing as before and we would would lower the mana reservation requirement of HOP by only keeping it as a 5 link.

Here is what I will be checking in POB for viability

1) 6 Link HOP bleed vs 6 Link HOP impale. If neither are viable due to mana then try step 2

2) See how damage looks with various supports for Absolution in a 6 link

3) Compare the best 6 link damage set up of Absolution with a dual 5 link setup of Absolution and HOP (assuming the 5 link HOP gets around the mana issue).

Step 3 will be tricky to find supports that work for both type of sentinels but it will be worth checking just in case there is a combo.

The rest of the build is so solid we can keep it pretty much intact if we can figure out a way to get some damage for any of the sentinel types.
"
Vatinas wrote:

When you switch in 1-2 x uncompromising on 1-2 added small clusters and one medium cluster with the combination of 1x determination and 1x self-control I guess mana will be enough or you have to lower only 1x manamultiplier of HoP supports?
Last edited by Chromino on Jul 21, 2021, 10:37:00 AM
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Vatinas wrote:

When you switch in 1-2 x uncompromising on 1-2 added small clusters and one medium cluster with the combination of 1x determination and 1x self-control I guess mana will be enough or you have to lower only 1x manamultiplier of HoP supports?

The Impale version of this build uses most of those already.

But we are likely going to have to make some changes, be it for mana and/or for Impale getting nerfed hard.

https://pastebin.com/cbtjYZ8a

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info