[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
BettieCannon wrote:
I am a bit confused. Should I be using your PoB gems? Or, the gems listed in your guide?

Near the beginning of the build guide, there is this statement:

======

If there are discrepancies between the PoB and the guide, always follow the PoB!

Hi, could anyone advice me? I got a skin of the lord with "call to arms" keystone. Could i know how to activate or how to use this "call to arms" skill? The passive skill node is not highlight nor any skill for me to use.
"
ericng010 wrote:

Hi, could anyone advice me? I got a skin of the lord with "call to arms" keystone. Could i know how to activate or how to use this "call to arms" skill? The passive skill node is not highlight nor any skill for me to use.

Call to Arms is a keystone that effects Warcry's. This build does not use any Warcry's.

If you were to use that Skin of the Lords with a build that did employ a Warcry, your Warcry would be cast instantly instead of the normal delay in cast time.
"
Call to Arms is a keystone that effects Warcry's. This build does not use any Warcry's.

If you were to use that Skin of the Lords with a build that did employ a Warcry, your Warcry would be cast instantly instead of the normal delay in cast time.

I just read the gems has been replaced by other gem. lol.
Last edited by ericng010 on Jul 15, 2021, 10:37:53 AM
Hi im back for this league, spend almost a mirror into this build in ritual league and skipped ultimatum.

I guess I will start with the new ranged dom blow skill and switch to this build later. New stuff like armour banner looks interesting.

Anyone else running this or a similar build next league?

Edit:

Some people asked me in PM's about my version of the build. Im sorry I skipped last league and never looked at the my PM's or the forum. You can just search my profile for Pantless_Zonko the templar has still the gear and the skilltree when I played him in Ritual.
Last edited by Zerber on Jul 17, 2021, 10:04:27 AM
"
Zerber wrote:

Anyone else running this or a similar build next league?

I am waiting to see just how bad the nerfs will hurt this build.

GGG said the patchnotes will be full of nerfs across the board and I assume they will likely hurt all builds but I need to see how bad they are for this build before I decide one way or another.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 17, 2021, 10:26:19 AM
Hi all,

I'd like to ask you for advice how to improve my build

https://pastebin.com/KZA76jJW

I think that armor is quite fine, but I'm bit short of ES and cannot find way how to improve it.
I'd also like to inprove dmg, but I'm also bit stuck and canno't find how to.

I'll appreciate any advice.
"
Joebiker wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to ask you for advice how to improve my build

https://pastebin.com/KZA76jJW

I think that armor is quite fine, but I'm bit short of ES and cannot find way how to improve it.
I'd also like to inprove dmg, but I'm also bit stuck and canno't find how to.

I'll appreciate any advice.

Hello! Here are some comments for you.

1) Most of us ran a slightly different version of this build in Ultimatum. It was impale based and it provided us more damage with the same level of defenses. If you want to look at my POB, feel free. https://pastebin.com/NsiXV8nA

2) Levels on Herald of Purity are paramount for damage. Grab a level 21 HOP

3) The build does not require two writhing jars to function. You can replace one of those with another of your choice

4) Your ES is low because you have prioritized other nodes in the tree. for max ES, you want to follow the Impale build I mentioned above. I have almost 9000 es and the build is not even complete. You need to get Influence, Insightfulness, and Utmost intellect. If you decide to switch to the Impale version, you will be able to drop many of the weaker DPS nodes and replace them with ES/Mana/Int nodes and still have more damage and much more ES

5) The build does not require 2 Granite flasks (these do not stack). You can replace one of them with something that can help the build

6) I would drop the points you spent on Elegant Hubris, Might and Agility and funnel those points into Utmost Intelligence, Insightfulness and Influence. You lose a little armor but improve your ES nicely.

7) In the Impale version you will see a different Watcher's Eye that gives a nice chunk of ES

8) Your shield does not have a great roll. You want one with as close to 400% as you can afford. After you get that, you can go to your menagerie and beast craft 30% quality on the shield. This will give you a bump in armor and ES

9) it is very expensive, but a corrupted Skin of the Loyal with +2 to Duration Gems or +1 to all Socketed gems gives a lot of extra DPS.

10) Corrupted Curse on Hit Gloves (vulnerability) adds plenty of extra dps

11) The enchantment on your boots does not help the build. The best enchantment to get (or buy) for the boots is "Regenerate 2% of per second if you were hit recently"

12) Remember that when you are mapping, you want to be using Divergent Melee Splash in the Spider set up. You should only need Melee Physical Damage in the spiders when fighting the hardest bosses. This change will increase your clear speed nicely.

This is just a start. How much you wish to improve the build is based on your willingness to switch your version to the Impale version. I can give you a lot more pointers if you decide to do that.

Feel free to post a new POB if you decide to make the switch.

Good luck to you!!!

You think we can use the new skill absolution instead of HoP? :D It looks amazing
"
PunkSviin wrote:
You think we can use the new skill absolution instead of HoP? :D It looks amazing

It seems very similar so it should work.

It is not a Herald so we would have to make some small tree changes(specifically a cluster jewel) and see what the damage is like in POB once it is updated to get a good comparison.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info