[3.7] Pillar of Caged Might. 1800 Strength, 11k ES Tanky Destroyer

Bro i am new to POE and pretty playing hard to get know everything

i started as divine ire inquisitor but my DPS was so low, i changed to your build and

it is so fascinating to use

However i have some issues here. My POB pastebin is in below.

1. Basically my DPS is way lower than yours according to POB.

I donot know why my lethal pride jewel has bugs but regardless of that my dps is too low

comparing to u, Can u find out some problems here?

https://pastebin.com/9G3DWwuN

2. I wonder why u applied berserkers in POB although u said u donot use very often,

3. I have problem with being Stunned or chilled. Can i solve this problem?

4. When do u use Vaal discipline ? Is it better to use just discipline gem?
(i don't know when to use blood rage too)

Sorry about my poor english and i am so grateful for your build.
(Esp. it is very low budget, affordable to starters like me)
Last edited by NewbietoPOEE on Jul 8, 2019, 1:54:26 PM
"
NewbietoPOEE wrote:
Bro i am new to POE and pretty playing hard to get know everything

i started as divine ire inquisitor but my DPS was so low, i changed to your build and

it is so fascinating to use

However i have some issues here. My POB pastebin is in below.

1. Basically my DPS is way lower than yours according to POB.

I donot know why my lethal pride jewel has bugs but regardless of that my dps is too low

comparing to u, Can u find out some problems here?

https://pastebin.com/9G3DWwuN

2. I wonder why u applied berserkers in POB although u said u donot use very often,

3. I have problem with being Stunned or chilled. Can i solve this problem?

4. When do u use Vaal discipline ? Is it better to use just discipline gem?
(i don't know when to use blood rage too)

Sorry about my poor english and i am so grateful for your build.
(Esp. it is very low budget, affordable to starters like me)

1. Your DPS is pretty good, swap out pulverize for damage on full life if you need more. You could improve it more with better flat dmg rings / necklace and better jewels.

2. I presume you mean rage, this is done as you want to assume you have been attacking so rage has been built up.

3. You are stun immune, run a freeze flask

4. You always use blood rage, vaal disc is not that great but sometimes just the regen bump I need to survive something I didn't forsee
Last edited by foojin on Jul 8, 2019, 2:11:11 PM
Hello, I’ve been toying around stat stacking builds and especially the ones using pillar of the caged god cuz I really like the weapon and really want to use it.

Then I found your build and am playing it right now! Been really fun leveling and mapping with.

However I feel like the sustain/leech isn’t comfortable enough for me, so I got a watcher’s eye with energy shield on hit with discipline and I want to know what do you think? Is there any other better method of upping my sustain?

Thank you for the great build!
Leveling this build, reserving this for comments later.

Edit: So I finally get to a point where I feel okay with commenting about the build.

Final Stats

The power spike was crazy when I get to wear the right gear, Geofri's Sanctuary gives almost 1300 ES at level 64, Shaper's Touch Glove give about 4000 ES spike without other gears.

Here's what I ended up with:

Overall, gear cost was not so bad, break down below:

- Staff: 30 Chaos, getting the right color is extremely easy so color didn't matter.
- Armour: 5 Chaos for a max resistance roll(18%) and high rolls on everything else, 6 sockets and link it myself.
- Helmet: 10 Chaos for a high ES roll.
- Glove: 2 Chaos, I couldn't find a reasonable priced Corrupted one.
- Boots: 2 Chaos, craft the sockets myself.
- Belt: 1 Alchemy.
- Amulet: 8 Chaos.
- Rings: 45 Chaos each = 90 Chaos . I was impatient and ended up buying not so good rings, one already with two Resistance line, the other too little lines. In short, I paid too much for them.
- Jewels: Lethal Pride for 1 Chaos, 2 x Inertia for 1 Alch each.
- Flask: Haven't bought them but I think it'll be another 15c

Everything costs about 171 Chaos, maybe another 15 Chaos for crafting.

Total is: 186 Chaos, just a bit more than 1 Exalt for a fully geared, almost 9k ES. Cyclone DPS is at about 42k, I did not skilled many damage nodes so reasonable.

Skill Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAHcAecFLQ48D6sRjhRxFSAWvxhdGS4Zihm0GlUbyCSLJJ0n7SkuLYMttDY9Nug5DjpSPO89D0FpRwZMuU2sTwRVtVcNXz9famEhYlpju2SjZU1nm2hlaPJtbG5pdO18uHy7hMWE2YTvhVKGYIrkkiuXBpu1m-ycSp7NpRinMKc0r2yvp702vqfAnMEEwmzDOsSixLjE9sWKz93Q0NIh037Uj9X42WHawdvn35jkUesJ73rxivOb9qP2_PsJ?accountName=AzyTazer&characterName=DuelistAreGarbage

I also want to share my leveling tips, hopefully the thread poster can add this on the main post since that section is a bit lacking.

LEVELING:

One tip I want to share is after act 4, try to keep your level about 1-3 levels below Monster Level of the area you're going to. At Act 5, I was 6-7 levels below because I was speeding through acts and then I had a really hard time with Kitava as well as in Act 6 and later, until I leveled a bit closer.

Spoiler
- Example starter gear:

- Armor: Tabula Rasa if you have one, Briskwrap if you don't. We'll need a Tabula Rasa as a 6 Link for Cyclone at level 28 eventually.

- Helmet: Goldrim if you have one, if not, you can also use The Peregrine

- Boots: Wanderlust is the best option

- Rings: Kaom's Sign gives extra sustain early on.

- Gloves: You can use Lochtonial Caress or just about anything, doesn't matter that much.

1. You can use anything to Level early on: Ground Slam, Smite, Molten Strike, Glacial Hammer, Perforate. Then, when you get to level 6, try to buy 2 Screaming Eagle. The axe gives decent damage as well as extra movement speed. I leveled with Ground Slam and keep using the skill until I can use Cyclone. You can also get the String of Servitude right away, which I did.

Remember to keep upgrading life and mana flasks, you'll run out of mana very quickly as well as life if you keep facetanking.

2. When you get to level 13, you can switch to either Pillar of the Caged God or a 2 Hands Unique Axe like Limbsplit. Your damage would go up quite a bit.

3. When you get to level 28, switch to Cyclone immediately, put in the rest of support gems at level 31. If you feel like your defense is lacking, replace Pulverize with Fortify in your Cyclone link. You can also get a Praxis Ring for almost free/free Cyclone. The other ring I like to use is either Dream Fragments (freeze/chill immune) or Kikazaru if you're running behind on Dex/Int.

4. When you get to level 46, try to get a Belly of the Beast, it'll boost your defense by a lot. At level 49, equip Alberon's Warpath, which is your first power spike. From here on out you don't change much until level 64.

I actually do my first Labyrinth when I got my Belly (Level 46), the first node doesn't feel important so I never did it.

5.You can actually wear the rings/amulet before other gears (level 59-61), if you like, you can start shopping for them. The rings will be expensive so go for the Amulet first.

6. When you get to level 64, get Geofri's Sanctuary, your second spike. Level 66, get Shaper's Touch and congrats, you're now a very tanky motherf*cker.

Do remember that by this point, you should have skilled the Ghost Reaver node, since we'll want Blood Rage to leech ES.

7. Level to 68 BEFORE killing Kitava (Act 10), then go complete Merciless Labyrinth (You'll want the extra Res). After that, kill Kitava and you're done, start mapping as you see fits.

Anyway, I have a lot of fun with this build, the experience was smooth and I'll update once I beat Shaper/Elder.
Last edited by AzyTazer on Jul 11, 2019, 12:56:35 PM
Just killed Uber Elder(deathless!!!) with this build with very ease! Impressed with the damage and the tankiness of it. (Impale is broken)

Screenshot:
Spoiler

Can't record the whole fight cuz my potato would explode :D

Here's my PoB if anyone wanna see:

https://pastebin.com/TgSrd2DJ

Here's the gear I had when I killed Uber Elder:

And a watcher's eye with energy shield on hit with discipline
(Really lucky with the belt craft :D)

Again, thank you for the very nice build!!
Last edited by Nandann on Jul 10, 2019, 2:03:01 PM
Hello!

How are you able to get 20% leech?

I currently only have blood rage as a leech source =/
My damage is lacking a bit too, but as I'm not running blood rage, still miss a jewel socket and generally have one socket less due to blocking it with Mana->ES clarity watchers eye, that is too be expected. (also running fortify support, I don't leap that often and would rather use a 70% speed quicksilver flask.)

What really helps for a temporary boost is warchief/vaal warchief.
(still thinking about vaal cyclone instead, but getting that Lvl 21... don't know if worth it.)

No leech maps only seem to block mana/life leech. Converted life leech as well as it seems. Can be fixed swapping infused channeling with es-leech support, this works.

For leech, the attack speed/leech cluster in range of the timeless jewel is worth it in my opinion.
Last edited by Nephalon on Jul 11, 2019, 6:30:18 AM
Thank u for your reply
Currently using your build, i want to improve some more and curious about something

1. For watcher's jewel, which option is better for your build?
What i thought was
Discipline : Es leech per hit >> Es regen rate
Precision : attack speed > increased damage

2. I am looking for secondary skill other than cyclone
Is there any skill i can use for this strength based build?
Double strike was a disaster, do u have anything in mind??
(I got corrupted staff with 6 white socket, so i have two staves for me, i will swap weapons)
Better if it is available with bosses
I did a somewhat similar HOA guardian previous league and love guardian's tankiness
Did MF cyclone-ice nova assassin this league and love cyclone

Looking for a fun and tanky cyclone build and this seems to combine the above

Build also look dirt cheap as well, what's the catch?

how is 3.7 effected this build? nerfs/buffs?

How is it with legion content?

I have 20+ex budget- any minmax ideas?

How is it with end game content? Any UBelder videos?

thanks
"
snowmittens wrote:
I did a somewhat similar HOA guardian previous league and love guardian's tankiness
Did MF cyclone-ice nova assassin this league and love cyclone

Looking for a fun and tanky cyclone build and this seems to combine the above

Build also look dirt cheap as well, what's the catch?

how is 3.7 effected this build? nerfs/buffs?

How is it with legion content?

I have 20+ex budget- any minmax ideas?

How is it with end game content? Any UBelder videos?

thanks

There's certain "cons" for this build that I found.

1. 4 out of 6 main gears (Boots, Glove, Body Armour and Weapon) are strictly required and cannot be changed.

2. You will not do as much damage as a Duelist build would, in exchange, you gets more sustain.

3. Capping Ele resist is difficult, could be impossible even. You need really good resist rolls on rings because amulet and helmet are the other 2 things you can get resist from. You can also use an Abyssal belt but that, obviously, requires more investment. Jewels are also a source for resist but there's a tradeoff on either getting damage, strength or resists, usually there's only 2 out of 3 things unless you get a 4 rolls jewels, which might be expensive.

4. Min-Maxing, there's not that much room to work with here. You need to use the dual resist ring type to keep ele resist at reasonable level. You have to go big on jewels and maybe an abyssal jewel + belt. Either way, I believe the damage in PoB is somewhat already capped out unless you invest much more for insane rings/amulet/belt/jewels, which I think I rather just play a Duelist Cyclone build then.

#2 nothing changed in PoCG in 3.7, rather Rage support helps this build a lot, as it's a pure physical with Brutality.

#3 clear speed is okay when you have Rage stacks but I would say don't expect to clear everything without Rage. The build theoretically does benefit from Headhunter like other Cyclone so 4/5 Way is possible.

#4 Like I said above, Min/Max is difficult, invest in belts/rings/amulet/jewels. Especially Jewels.

#5 If I get to Uber Elder I'll record a video but someone did a deathless Uber Elder before, checked the recent posts. Uber Atzari is possible, just need to play like others Cyclone.
Last edited by AzyTazer on Jul 12, 2019, 6:34:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info