[3.15] Broodmother: Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP

"
I also forgot, you literally can't use explodey on minion builds, the mod says when "you" kill, minions don't count as you.

The poison does so I was playing around with Speaker's Wreath since it would make you get every single kill, also meaning the spiders would self-proliferate during mapping, but having the automated healing seems too good to pass up as a QoL, then you'd also have to find another way to reduce your reserved mana without the helm.
I only tried because I also had a decent explody chest piece with 24% increased effect of non-curse auras.
Last edited by ZombiesSlayer on Feb 20, 2021, 12:56:18 AM
Hey.
Just started this build to test out on my 2nd char.

Last League I did a templar spinner with spiders and Herald of Purity and it was the strongest (at surviving maps and bosses) I tried so far, so figured I try a different approach at the spiders this time. Loving it so far when it comes to clearspeed.

But, I have some questions.
First, I never been a fan of shield charge for movement, and having to do it every 4 seconds when fighting to keep fortify up seems like a hassle.
Does the fortify make a really big difference for survivability?

Second, my specters are dying too often (too my liking atleast), I have got 1 cluster with renewal, but that didnt make a very big difference. Any tips on that?
"
Warderz wrote:
Hey.
Just started this build to test out on my 2nd char.

Last League I did a templar spinner with spiders and Herald of Purity and it was the strongest (at surviving maps and bosses) I tried so far, so figured I try a different approach at the spiders this time. Loving it so far when it comes to clearspeed.

But, I have some questions.
First, I never been a fan of shield charge for movement, and having to do it every 4 seconds when fighting to keep fortify up seems like a hassle.
Does the fortify make a really big difference for survivability?

Second, my specters are dying too often (too my liking atleast), I have got 1 cluster with renewal, but that didnt make a very big difference. Any tips on that?

What I ended up doing was using Dash for boss fights and Shield Charge for mapping. Yes Fortify is that good but during bosses I would die to Shield Charge being so awkward and clunky so I stopped using it. As for the Specters if you have a lvl 21 gem and 20/20 Minion Life support they shouldn't die much unless it's during a boss fight and if they do it doesn't really matter. During Maven they never die but during fights like Shaper they love to stand in the laser beam and suicide. Otherwise just resummon then once you're back in your hideout, not a big deal. Renewal isn't for the regen, it's for the chance to deal double damage. The issue with the gorillas is that they have low base HP so even if you went out of your way to make them tanky it won't really work out too well.
My guides:
[3.15] Broodmother: A Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2540439
Last edited by Inkira on Feb 23, 2021, 1:22:12 AM
Hey, thanks for the awesome build. I was using the guide a couple of leagues ago and had a lot of fun, but the league ended before I got beyond mid-tier maps. This league I chose what I thought was going to be a cheap and easy league-start build, poets pen bladeblast/bladefall. Turns out that build caps at t10 if you don't have the farruls fur, and that jewel that gives you all the passives in its radius. So like a 12ex investment. So I came back to this. Haha. Turns out that even at 10 levels below the poet, I deal way more damage and have much higher life sustain. I can already clear t13-14 maps, just not without dying.

You are more than welcome to look at my build and give me some suggestions. I know I need to qualitize my gems, but it is so expensive, lol.

I do have 2 specific questions though that I did not see an answer to in the comments section.

1) is there an alternative to raise spectre? I find it difficult to manage for some reason. I know that they are used to quickly stack charges right? Is there a gear or passive workaround that frees up those three gem slots for something like a chaos or carrion golem?

2) Is the reason you have a cluster jewel with % minion max life specifically for the spectres? Aren't the spiders at full health all the time? If this is the case, and there is a workaround for removing spectres entirely, would it be better to have another socket with minion damage instead?
"
x001410 wrote:
Hey, thanks for the awesome build. I was using the guide a couple of leagues ago and had a lot of fun, but the league ended before I got beyond mid-tier maps. This league I chose what I thought was going to be a cheap and easy league-start build, poets pen bladeblast/bladefall. Turns out that build caps at t10 if you don't have the farruls fur, and that jewel that gives you all the passives in its radius. So like a 12ex investment. So I came back to this. Haha. Turns out that even at 10 levels below the poet, I deal way more damage and have much higher life sustain. I can already clear t13-14 maps, just not without dying.

You are more than welcome to look at my build and give me some suggestions. I know I need to qualitize my gems, but it is so expensive, lol.

I do have 2 specific questions though that I did not see an answer to in the comments section.

1) is there an alternative to raise spectre? I find it difficult to manage for some reason. I know that they are used to quickly stack charges right? Is there a gear or passive workaround that frees up those three gem slots for something like a chaos or carrion golem?

2) Is the reason you have a cluster jewel with % minion max life specifically for the spectres? Aren't the spiders at full health all the time? If this is the case, and there is a workaround for removing spectres entirely, would it be better to have another socket with minion damage instead?

I don't know what you mean by them being difficult to manage. If they're dying you're probably pushing maps you aren't ready for, you're only level 80 after all. You can buy a lvl 21 Raise Specter gem for really cheap and probably a 20/20 Minion Life gem for cheap too, so do that if they're dying too often.

As for the cluster jewel it's for the Renewal mod. Pay closer attention because it says "Minions have a 6% chance to deal double damage when on full life." and Spiders are always on full life. Two of those mods + Gravepact gives our Spiders a 16% chance to deal double damage. Renewal is the single best notable on cluster jewels for the build. You also want a cluster jewel so you can get Fettle which gives a ton of life.

As for your character your gear is pretty bad. You need a Stygian Vise for your belt with high life and at this point in the league that should be cheap. You also need ES base boots and gloves because ES = EHP, I don't know why you went to through the effort of getting 3 off colors on your gloves when they are the wrong base. You also need a shield. And for some reason you have Aspect of the Cat and not Aspect of the Spider.

To be honest just copy my gear because your gear is bad in every single slot aside from chest and dagger.
My guides:
[3.15] Broodmother: A Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP
Last edited by Inkira on Feb 24, 2021, 6:32:22 PM
"
Inkira wrote:
"
x001410 wrote:

I don't know what you mean by them being difficult to manage. If they're dying you're probably pushing maps you aren't ready for, you're only level 80 after all. You can buy a lvl 21 Raise Specter gem for really cheap and probably a 20/20 Minion Life gem for cheap too, so do that if they're dying too often.

As for the cluster jewel it's for the Renewal mod. Pay closer attention because it says "Minions have a 6% chance to deal double damage when on full life." and Spiders are always on full life. Two of those mods + Gravepact gives our Spiders a 16% chance to deal double damage. Renewal is the single best notable on cluster jewels for the build. You also want a cluster jewel so you can get Fettle which gives a ton of life.

As for your character your gear is pretty bad. You need a Stygian Vise for your belt with high life and at this point in the league that should be cheap. You also need ES base boots and gloves because ES = EHP, I don't know why you went to through the effort of getting 3 off colors on your gloves when they are the wrong base. You also need a shield. To be honest just copy my gear. Also you're only level 80, a lot of the build's HP comes from stacking jewels, once you get your jewels you will have a lot more HP.

I mean, the gear I currently have is what I have found for cheap that kept me resist capped. I wasn't planning on finding new gear until I hit a wall. I have spent the excess money on the more expensive stuff like the chest, helm, and weapon. I forgot about stygian's tbh. I had a couple from my other roll and was waiting to get higher level so I could make the switch and then just forgot cause I have no hit a wall yet. Damage is doing fine, and my life sustain has been excellent. The only time I die so far is when I am stun locked.

And I didn't know that when my spectres die I can just portal to the hideout and use desecrate to get them back. Previously I was just running back to act 2 every time. So I think it is a bit easier now, but removing the helm so that I have time to target the right corpses before it gets eaten is annoying.

As for the cluster, I know renewal is the real winner but I figured if I didn't need the life I could get it on a minion damage jewel instead, but now that I think about it that would likely end up costing an extra skill point or more
"
x001410 wrote:
"
Inkira wrote:
"
x001410 wrote:

As for your character your gear is pretty bad. You need a Stygian Vise for your belt with high life and at this point in the league that should be cheap. You also need ES base boots and gloves because ES = EHP, I don't know why you went to through the effort of getting 3 off colors on your gloves when they are the wrong base. You also need a shield. To be honest just copy my gear. Also you're only level 80, a lot of the build's HP comes from stacking jewels, once you get your jewels you will have a lot more HP.

I mean, the gear I currently have is what I have found for cheap that kept me resist capped. I wasn't planning on finding new gear until I hit a wall. I have spent the excess money on the more expensive stuff like the chest, helm, and weapon. I forgot about stygian's tbh. I had a couple from my other roll and was waiting to get higher level so I could make the switch and then just forgot cause I have no hit a wall yet. Damage is doing fine, and my life sustain has been excellent. The only time I die so far is when I am stun locked.

And I didn't know that when my spectres die I can just portal to the hideout and use desecrate to get them back. Previously I was just running back to act 2 every time. So I think it is a bit easier now, but removing the helm so that I have time to target the right corpses before it gets eaten is annoying.

As for the cluster, I know renewal is the real winner but I figured if I didn't need the life I could get it on a minion damage jewel instead, but now that I think about it that would likely end up costing an extra skill point or more

Well the thing is you can get way better rare items for cheap. I spent less than 1ex on all my rares except for my shield. The reason the medium cluster jewel has minion life on the small nodes is because that's the only medium cluster jewel that can roll Renewal. Only large cluster jewels can have minion damage on the small nodes, mediums roll minion life on small nodes, but each can roll Renewal so you get Renewal twice from a large + medium.
My guides:
"
Inkira wrote:

Well, the thing is you can get way better rare items for cheap. I spent less than 1ex on all my rares except for my shield. The reason the medium cluster jewel has minion life on the small nodes is that that's the only medium cluster jewel that can roll Renewal. Only large cluster jewels can have minion damage on the small nodes, mediums roll minion life on small nodes, but each can roll Renewal so you get Renewal twice from a large + medium.

Yeah, that makes sense to me now. I was thinking of two large jewels but that would be extra points that are needed somewhere else. I will start looking for some decent gear that can replace mine, but when I try replicating your gear it starts to get quite a bit expensive. I did happen to have a stygian I can use for now, and I got a jewel with the minion cast/attack/accuracy/Phys damage plus max life for me. That alone was 35c but it checks a box from the list and I can start looking at other things.

Separate question. How is Call of the Wild or whatever that claw is that spawns wolves in comparison to the scourge which doesn't anymore? Is the scourge worth having or should I just go full rare shield all the time?
"
x001410 wrote:
"
Inkira wrote:

Well, the thing is you can get way better rare items for cheap. I spent less than 1ex on all my rares except for my shield. The reason the medium cluster jewel has minion life on the small nodes is that that's the only medium cluster jewel that can roll Renewal. Only large cluster jewels can have minion damage on the small nodes, mediums roll minion life on small nodes, but each can roll Renewal so you get Renewal twice from a large + medium.

Yeah, that makes sense to me now. I was thinking of two large jewels but that would be extra points that are needed somewhere else. I will start looking for some decent gear that can replace mine, but when I try replicating your gear it starts to get quite a bit expensive. I did happen to have a stygian I can use for now, and I got a jewel with the minion cast/attack/accuracy/Phys damage plus max life for me. That alone was 35c but it checks a box from the list and I can start looking at other things.

Separate question. How is Call of the Wild or whatever that claw is that spawns wolves in comparison to the scourge which doesn't anymore? Is the scourge worth having or should I just go full rare shield all the time?

If you really want a damage offhand use a scepter with minion damage and minion attack speed, but that's not necessary so I always used a shield for everything.
My guides:
"
x001410 wrote:

When my spectres die I resummon them in the map, I just find an open area and do desecrate right at the edge of the screen.
The range of the helmet wont reach your corpses, so just press 'A' and look for your silly monkey :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info