[3.15] Broodmother: Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP

Hey, I recently respecced my Witch into this build and I'm having a lot of fun with its janky, yet effective, boss killing ability. Only issue I seem to be running into frequently is the radius of Writhing Jar... It always seems to throw my worms way out of range of my desecrate/bane, making me miss a lot of the time. Is Enhance really that much more worth it over inc aoe if I keep dying to lack of spiders? I could also use Awakened Spell Cascade, but the desecrate degen isn't enough to kill worms before my monkeys do usually.

Any tips? Thanks :D

ALso if anyone is seriously committed to this build, you can double elevate boots for 50% ailment avoidance, as well as poison immunity, then get 25% avoidance on gloves, and find another 25% somewhere. Would make this build super tanky against Guardians especially (where they can ignite/poison you for insane amounts)
Send me a message in game or on the forum if I've won a bid

In-Game Names:
Pheee
Last edited by OriginalPhee on Feb 25, 2021, 3:37:21 PM
"
OriginalPhee wrote:
Hey, I recently respecced my Witch into this build and I'm having a lot of fun with its janky, yet effective, boss killing ability. Only issue I seem to be running into frequently is the radius of Writhing Jar... It always seems to throw my worms way out of range of my desecrate/bane, making me miss a lot of the time. Is Enhance really that much more worth it over inc aoe if I keep dying to lack of spiders? I could also use Awakened Spell Cascade, but the desecrate degen isn't enough to kill worms before my monkeys do usually.

Any tips? Thanks :D

ALso if anyone is seriously committed to this build, you can double elevate boots for 50% ailment avoidance, as well as poison immunity, then get 25% avoidance on gloves, and find another 25% somewhere. Would make this build super tanky against Guardians especially (where they can ignite/poison you for insane amounts)

It's better to use Enhance because with practice you will get better and better at summoning your Spiders. When I updated this build I had not played it for a year and my first week back playing it was tough, I messed up summoning my Spiders all the time until I got used to it again. It just takes practice, and losing the DPS increase from Enhance isn't worth it to me.
My guides:
[3.15] Broodmother: A Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2540439
Cool, thanks. I have been able to take down all content except the Feared on roughly a 5ex budget so far. The issue I had with The Feared was that too many bosses spawned at once, but I think if I switch Awakened Minion Damage with Anomalous Predator Support, it'll make those multi-boss fights a lot easier (Atziri too). Going to try it today and see how it feels in other Invitations before I try The Feared again
Send me a message in game or on the forum if I've won a bid

In-Game Names:
Pheee
"
OriginalPhee wrote:
Cool, thanks. I have been able to take down all content except the Feared on roughly a 5ex budget so far. The issue I had with The Feared was that too many bosses spawned at once, but I think if I switch Awakened Minion Damage with Anomalous Predator Support, it'll make those multi-boss fights a lot easier (Atziri too). Going to try it today and see how it feels in other Invitations before I try The Feared again

I was able to do the Feared but it's a big gamble. Depending on what 2 bosses spawn first it can be really hard. I had the Cortex boss + Shaper spawn first and I kept getting teleported into Shaper beam by the Cortex boss and dying instantly, but in a different run the Cortex boss spawned last and it was way easier. Otherwise just try to dodge as well as you can and have good gear to be tanky.
My guides:
[3.15] Broodmother: A Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP
"
Inkira wrote:

It's better to use Enhance because with practice you will get better and better at summoning your Spiders. When I updated this build I had not played it for a year and my first week back playing it was tough, I messed up summoning my Spiders all the time until I got used to it again. It just takes practice, and losing the DPS increase from Enhance isn't worth it to me.

Btw. I often loose all spiders in the middle of fighting and clearing in maps/rituals.
Even tho I constantly put down desecrate and see that the spiderminion buffbar "refreshes".
Are they not supposed to refresh themself when they kill with available corpses nearby? Or do they have a max limit to how many times they can summon themself?
"
Warderz wrote:
"
Inkira wrote:

Btw. I often loose all spiders in the middle of fighting and clearing in maps/rituals.
Even tho I constantly put down desecrate and see that the spiderminion buffbar "refreshes".
Are they not supposed to refresh themself when they kill with available corpses nearby? Or do they have a max limit to how many times they can summon themself?

They do not refresh their duration. They have a set timer based on your skill effect duration and minion duration modifiers, and once they timer runs out they despawn, you can't summon more to replace current ones like with Zombies for example, it's all of them at once. In my Maven video you see me purposefully despawn my Spiders by weapon swapping and then resummoning them between phases, I do this to refresh their timer so I know they will be up for the entire duration of the upcoming phase.
My guides:
Ok playing a guardian with spiders myself but how do you ever lose spiders while mapping?

Spiders poison and dots count as your kills and spawn new spiders. You never run out of spiders while mapping.
"
Inkira wrote:
"
Warderz wrote:
"
Inkira wrote:

They do not refresh their duration. They have a set timer based on your skill effect duration and minion duration modifiers, and once they timer runs out they despawn, you can't summon more to replace current ones like with Zombies for example, it's all of them at once. In my Maven video you see me purposefully despawn my Spiders by weapon swapping and then resummoning them between phases, I do this to refresh their timer so I know they will be up for the entire duration of the upcoming phase.

Not talking about bosses, but normal map clearing. Where they kill stuff constantly.
Drop a desecreate in a pack of mobs and you will sometimes see the spiderbuffbar that shows you have 20 spiders do a "refresh" (kinda like the global cooldown animation on skills in WoW).
I never resummon in mapclear unless they disappear.
Sometimes they last for ages, and sometimes they decide to all disappear during a big fight even tho they are killing alot of mobs.

And that is kinda what annoys me, seems so random.
"
Warderz wrote:
Not talking about bosses, but normal map clearing. Where they kill stuff constantly.
Drop a desecreate in a pack of mobs and you will sometimes see the spiderbuffbar that shows you have 20 spiders do a "refresh" (kinda like the global cooldown animation on skills in WoW).
I never resummon in mapclear unless they disappear.
Sometimes they last for ages, and sometimes they decide to all disappear during a big fight even tho they are killing alot of mobs.

And that is kinda what annoys me, seems so random.

Like I said, you can't refresh their duration and keep them up forever.
My guides:
"
Zerber wrote:
Ok playing a guardian with spiders myself but how do you ever lose spiders while mapping?

Spiders poison and dots count as your kills and spawn new spiders. You never run out of spiders while mapping.

Spider kills don't count as yours.
My guides:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info