[3.15] Broodmother: Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP

Damage on Full life + Vile Toxins
Minion speed is very usefull.

i use :

minions damage
multi strike
withering touch
melee physical
minions speed
melee splash (mapping) / void manipulation (bossing)

bossing gem i don't know if it's the best idea.

I kill sirus a8 with that.
Is this still viable in 3.17 ? If so does the tree/gems need to be updated or they can stay the same ?
Please, update build. Enjoyed playing in 3.15!
"
Keyen wrote:
It may work (since nothing major got changed on it), but I prefer the 4W triad version. Compared to the poison scaling which is the most popular out there, the 4W triad grip scales everything, including the base hit. It's really better for clear, and your damage is much more frontloaded (you don't have to wait 10+s to get most of your dps and you get less fucked when the bosses clear themselves from poison), and skipping malevolence for determination is much less impactful. The 3.16 added several things key to this version:
- 35% wither effect against 20% before (which is +15% damage taken)
- The new Brass dome, which is extremely good defensively speaking (and doesn't cripple nearly as much as before).
- Lot of armour and ES scaling, meaning you can actually reach a really good defensive setup on arakaali without losing much of the dps, with (Notably) Aegis Aurora.

That's also why I'm not sure if Squire is actually the good move on arakaali, because while it's indeniably very strong on the offensive side, it locks you from most of the sustain you can get on a summoner (be it Aegis or a 5% hp/block rare). A squire arakaali can probably manage to get high block and EHP (since they can sacrifice most of the offense in the tree), but getting sustain as summoner without a shield is really difficult (Especially since bone offering got buried, hence the switch of most of the spider users to Occultist). It's fine if you don't really care about your tankiness and if you play in the "they can't kill me if they die in 5s" glasscanon playstyle, you can probably reach 30M dps on a squire setup easily, but if you want to clear Simulacrum 30 reliably deathless, getting 15-20M dps is enough, adding a squire in this of setup remove any possibility to get (a lot of) sustain from the shield slot.
Excellent write up. Very much helped answer many questions I had.

I just had one questions.

1. confused how the hydrosphere comes into play. We just dropped it on enemies I'm guessing. I know you said bosses, but like is this our bread and butter outside of spiders?

2. How do we summon spiders now with no bane? I'm not seeing the spin to win method on the pob either. Unless I'm blind.
Last edited by blackjellyman on Aug 22, 2023, 6:01:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info